Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
"galeran".....thanks for the post. Between you and GaryKD, it motivated me to order Centramatics for the front of my Newmar. I had them on the rear of my Monaco and got the best tire wear I've ever seen on a motor home. My new coach has a little shake at speed, so I ordered the Centramatics for the front.

If anyone is looking, I found them for $30.00 less at a truck store in Florida with free shipping. A savings of over $50.00 from Centramatic. ($168.00 OTD for front pair)

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:23 AM   #16
Dutch Star Don, what truck store in Florida did you get your Centramatics from? We are interested in getting some.

Jim and Shirley McGehee
2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna
2013 Honda Fit Toad, 2003 Jeep Liberty Toad
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:44 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I used the Equal powder on my previous coach with 275/70/225 tires and it worked very well for both Goodyear G670's and Hankook AH-12's.

The dealer put some sort of powder in the new tires on the coach I now have with Michelin XZA2 295/80's and it was not smooth. I ended up removing the powder and adding Centramatics to the steer axle and had Les Schwab do a conventional lead weight balance on the drive and tag axles. Smooth as silk now.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #18
DynaBeads work well.
2013 Duramax GMC 3500 4x4 Dually DIESEL 6.6L V8 TURBO
2014 H-D Electra Glide Ultra Limited
2014 Raptor 42ft Toy Hauler
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
Hi galeran,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I missed post #4 until now. The Centramatics product is a disc that goes over the bolts that hold the tires on. It rests between the coach wheel and the tire wheel. The disc rotates with the tire.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #20
Originally Posted by galeran View Post
Thanks for the info, is this something thats added to the wheel itself or something else. Gale
Something else.
Whole Assembly Balance for Bus-Motor-Homes from Centramatic
I've been using them on my coach since '02.
'96 Safari, 136k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:21 AM   #21
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
"jollyjim"...Here is the link https://floridashorestruckcenter.com/store/
Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:50 AM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi galeran,
There is a third way. Centramatics is the name of the product. Go to Centramatic Assembly Balance for Bus-Motor-Homes and learn about the product. I have the lead weights and Centramatics installed. My tires run very, very smooth. Over time there is no cupping or abnormal wear. For me, this means less stress on the tire. My tires last 10 years and 90K miles. They are replaced based on time. They looked perfect when I replace them.
X-2 absolutely!
I always had the tires spin balanced and the stick on weights on the inside of the rim. and as a added precaution, when done, I would mix up some JBweld and put a dab on each side of the weights just to make sure they stayed on! And I also ran the centramatic's, And I always got the most miles out of my tires! This was on my OTR semi! I never had vibrations, and would run smooth as silk! I had 1,400,000 mi.'s on it when I sold it, and when the man and his wife test drove it, he was like, "this drives better than my car"

Retired, and "Always on Holiday!"
1996 Monaco Windsor 38' "Mona"
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote