Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
What I found very useful was to video the dealer orientation. Comes in handy at times later on!
Had I videoed the dealer orientation I would have to watch over and over again, among other choice words of wisdom and expertise, the guy telling me to regularly exercise my diesel generator so the carburetor would not gum up.

awol50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #16

When my son was looking at his diesel Audi the salesman told him the dealer would supply replacement sparkplugs for life.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:30 PM   #17

Part of the enjoyment of an RV is learning to live with and enjoy your RV.
Operating all the systems (when they operate as they should) is great fun and entertaining. Hope they all work as they should.
However, as time goes by, you will find delving into those things that do not continue to operate as they should, is challenging. The more you know, the more you will save by fixing those issues by yourself.
Our experience is along this line. 115,000 miles. Lots of experiences. Would not do it any other way.
Learn and enjoy.
Regards,
JimB
Old 10-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Hammer View Post
Figure it out at home. or return to dealer/salesman, start a show and tell.
you paid them. make them earn there money.
I show you and YOU explain/TELL...
Or when you get to a campground, see if there is a similar rig there. Approach the owner, tell him you are new to ownership, and wondered if he/she were willing to share some tips/quirks about THEIR rig . . . .Most people will be tickled pink to show off their rig, and you will learn some great stuff that took them months or years to figure out!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 AM   #19

A few thoughts on what we have learned in our year and a half of 31SA ownership, which includes about 8 months of travel now and over 15,000 miles.

Keep your driver's side slide in until you get everything hooked up. It is so much easier to do without bending over and worrying about whacking your head in the slide.

Get some sort of corner pads for both slides. The corners are sharp, and they will cut your head, sooner or later; I found some nice ones that stick on permanently). And, I also put pipe insulation along the bottom edges, but you have to put them on for them to do any good .

Wait until after the transfer switch kicks over to shore power before turning on big loads like ACs, electric water heater, etc. and don't turn them all on at once.

And most importantly, read your manuals. There is a lot in the bag, but you need to understand how things work, and keep it on the coach for reference. And don't be hesitant to call Tiffin if you have a question.....

I hope you enjoy your 31 SA as much as we have ours.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
When my son was looking at his diesel Audi the salesman told him the dealer would supply replacement sparkplugs for life.
I imagine he didn't offer to assist your son in figuring out where to PUT those spark plugs in his diesel, did he?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #21

Swim noodles bought at the Dollar store, Dollar Tree, work well for slide out edge protectors. I use bright orange ones on my triple slide rig so I know they are there. Just take a razor knife and run a slit down them. Take a little wiggling at first to get them to "mold" over the rubber seals on the slide. I also use them to protect my road bikes on the latter mount bike rack, on our kayak racks both in the garage at home and the "J" racks on my wife's car. My son rented a tent for my granddaughter's 4th birthday and the noodles worked great to cover the mushroom head tent stakes. Enjoy your rig!