Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
When Does Relaxation Start

3 weeks ago we migrated from a 2003 Coachmen Leprechaun to a 2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA. There are so many more systems on this coach than the old one that it seems I spent all of the 2 camping weekends learning how everything works. Making progress but still haven't gotten the TV's, radios, and satellite completely figured out. Just wondering if the learning curve ever flattens out? Loving everything about the coach but ready to just chill. The dealer did a good job with the orientation but we have much to learn.
TnThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like life for ever learning.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I thought it was fun learning my new systems on my new trailer. Though I have to admit my systems are not as complex as yours, Just sit back enjoy. We only have a 28 ft Hideout trailer.
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #4

Don't worry about the tv, the sat, the radios....
These things (RV's) are great for getting away and chilling. So chill! You don't need to know the rest of this stuff til you are bored. And if you are bored, you can learn the sat and tv!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We moved from a bar bones Class C to a 2002 Monaco Windsor with all the bells and whistles. We've had it since 2008.

I spent time going through the operating manual and the other equipment brochures. This helped a lot to familiarize myself with the systems.

I also took the time to find as much info as possible on all the systems to include troubleshooting guides and other reference material. I've created an extensive library on my coach. All this is to provide me with information on on to maintain the system and fix them when something goes wrong.

I still pull out the manual and read it on a regular basis. Being a member of IRV2 also helps as you can learn a lot and on an occasional basis help other members.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I figure that stuff out at home. My relaxing starts approximately 30 minutes after I shut the Cummims down. Wife handles inside, I handle outside.
Frosty adult beverage in hand. Zero gravity reclined.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:42 AM   #7

Figure it out at home. or return to dealer/salesman, start a show and tell.
you paid them. make them earn there money.
I show you and YOU explain/TELL...
Chuck_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:48 AM   #8

I go along with the last two posts. I don't like learning things on the fly with any of our toys. I prefer to read the manuals at home and use a trip to educate the rest of the family.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:59 AM   #9

if you're like us, you'll learn as you go - there's nothing like life experience to help you figure it out... and, once you think you know it all, something will come your way that helps you remember you dont'.... : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:37 AM   #10

I bought my MH 1 year 4 months ago and lived in it since. It's my 6th MO. I feel pretty comfortable with it but there's still some chassis systems that I haven't needed to work on so it'll be many more years of fun.

My eyes and ears are in tune to small indicators of early issues now that I have this amount of time in it.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Driveway camping is a great place to learn all the new stuff.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Just take it one thing at a time, learning to use each thing as you actually need it!

P.S.- that doesn't apply to the brakes and steering!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:43 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnThompson View Post
3 weeks ago we migrated from a 2003 Coachmen Leprechaun to a 2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA. There are so many more systems on this coach than the old one that it seems I spent all of the 2 camping weekends learning how everything works. Making progress but still haven't gotten the TV's, radios, and satellite completely figured out. Just wondering if the learning curve ever flattens out? Loving everything about the coach but ready to just chill. The dealer did a good job with the orientation but we have much to learn.
What I found very useful was to video the dealer orientation. Comes in handy at times later on!
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:10 AM   #14

I love fiddling with the systems on our rig. There will be rainy days of inclement weather where the OP will find himself stuck in the rig with a plethora of things to play with. This will further confirm his/theirs decision on purchasing the motor home that they did and just how neat it does this, that, and everything else.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote