Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I am a #3. It is a bit of a unique reason. The coach meets our needs (hauling 3 Gkids and sometimes parents, around the country 2 months of the year) for now. All furniture needs to make into a bed and I need seat belts for 8. Once this adventure is completed, I'll move into a #2. Depending on what is available maybe a #1. Unfortunately, the coach floor plans that interested me are no longer made.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #16

None of the above. I am satisfied with what we have, but wife wants a Class A.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
I guess I'm a 4 (3+1). The cool factor gets me reved up sometimes, like the "home theater" in a new Gulfstream Constallation! Reality snaps me back to 3 territory when I realize my checkbook is short a few zeros.....
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
Heartland RV Club
I'm #3 too. I was looking to upgrade to a diesel last summer, but couldn't find anything affordable and livable too. Anyone seen the new ones with 1 1/2 baths? I couldn't believe it! Who needs an extra 1/2 bath in 38 or 40 ft of space? Of course, I travel alone and don't need to share, but I know there are times when that 1/2 might come in handy, but the space? There's enough useless stuff in the new ones as it is.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #19
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question ?

was a"strong" #2, but the deal with one owner did not go through (he wanted to keep the 3910) We are now (at least for some time) #3 until we find something we like 110%. This one is paid for and runs and WORKS great..., so - lets do the Loop Canada/America this summer in the Bay Star.

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #20

The rig we have came from a "broken home", was left on a sales lot for over two years and entered middle age with low mileage and more needful of a caring hand than other rigs. We have done that and we have a fine looking, well appointed, and nice running MH. The 2.5 sort of hits home as when we look at the new offerings I see the "new stuff". I figure when I remodel the rig the "new stuff" could be incorporated. The other caveat is the money climate. Money just needs to go into safer places than a depreciating asset no matter how nice it is at this point of my modest life.
Moto
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalondanes View Post
As for the second TV in living room, after you close up the slides only the overhead can be seen. Richard
I went to CW yesterday, to install a brake controller installed on my Jeep and spend my pay check (can anyone get out of CW ONLY with the one item they came to purchase??) and while I was waiting went into the show room to dream. They had a 2010 Damon Tuscany (Class A Diesel Motorhomes - 2010 - Damon Tuscany - Wood Village, OR - POR34547 - RV Sales - Camping World) that I went into. I'm in love But I did notice the two TV's and was wondering, why- in the same space- you would have two. Now it makes sense. The slide comes in and the one, in the salon, would be covered up and only the one above the front would be visable. Thank you Richard!!

I may have a little TT now but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate and admire those beautiful class A's! THAT is living!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
But I did notice the two TV's and was wondering, why- in the same space- you would have two. Now it makes sense. The slide comes in and the one, in the salon, would be covered up and only the one above the front would be visable. Thank you Richard!!
I guess I still don't get it. If you can still see the one with the slide closed, why isn't that one enough? And when is it practical to watch TV with the slide in? I suppose I can think of the time we were camping for four days and there wasn't room to extend the LR slide, but we were at Yellowstone, and didn't need to watch TV anyway. When we drive, our coach has a relay that cuts off power to the TV when the ignition is on, so no dice while driving, which we would never want to do anyway.
Well, 2 living room TVs is not for us. Maybe some, but I'll bet not as many as are made now.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #23

We are a #2. On our second class A gas now. Going to move to our first DP and then we will be done buying. We are in no big rush, just taking our time looking. Not interested in the 2010 spec motors, so it will be a 2008 or 2009.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by two2go View Post
I guess I still don't get it. If you can still see the one with the slide closed, why isn't that one enough?
2010_Damon_Tuscany - iRV2.com RV Photo Gallery

See the photo link above: The salon big screen TV is covered by the slide wall when the salon slide is pulled in.

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
#3 for us new Newmar gas do not compare to the 03 3740 bath & 1/2 we have. More full wardrobe room and better cabinets. Asked Newmar to bring out the KS gas like they use to make. No answers as yet.
With all our upgrades would be hard to replace, runs like it will never stop.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #26

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmar10 View Post
Plan to be at the Raleigh RV show this weekend and intend to spend most of my time visiting the vendor booths. Will walk in as a 3 who is looking for ways to improve our lives in the existing chariot.
We were there on Saturday ourselves and it was the first show we'd been to at all. We were a bit disappointed at the few vendors in our perspective...but of course, we have no frame of reference as yet, either.

We are definitely in the "3" category since we have a "new to us" fiver and haven't yet camped a single day...
Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
The only one that really turns my head is the Phaeton, don't know why but it does.
But after checking out how much more it costs than my paid for coach I sober up.

Dick
Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
We're a #3. We were at Ft Meyers CW this past week. Looked at about 40 class A's, DP & gas, new & used. My wife likes the bigger kitchen & hidden flat top stoves for more counter space and more room in the bath area for drying off and changing clothes. But those few upgrades don't quite make up for the loss of the features we really like in our 04 Coachman.

I an sure I could have the kitchen counter replaced with a nicer top material & drop the stove to hide it for a whole lot less than buying new.