Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
We're a number 3. We got our Meridian about a year ago. Bigger would be nice, but isn't necessary or financially in the cards right now. We went to the Dallas RV show this past weekend. It seems that the latest thing is 1 1/2 baths and 2 TVs in the living area. I don't understand the need for either. While the rear large bath is nice, to me it's a waste of space. The second toilet between the bedroom and living area is another waste of space. I would rather have a larger living area (where we spend most of our time). I have no clue why there are two TVs. My living room at home is much larger than the living area in the coach. Surprisingly, we only have one TV. We are in the middle of renovating, but don't have any plans to add a second TV. There were some motor homes that we liked. There were more that we didn't like. There was one we would have taken instead of ours, but the price was so high we could have bought 6 of ours for the price of that one.

Yep, we're a 3.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD, Cummins ISL 400, Allison 3000, Progressive EMS, Aventa II, Air Force One, Tire Safeguard TPMS, Blue Ox Tru Center (maybe), Lotsa LEDs
mrschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
We're a #1. Ours is paid for, 6 years old and not large enough. We just wintered in South San Fran, CA and 2 adults with 2 large dogs in a 23' toy hauler ... just not cutting it. We 'think' we've found our new unit. We are looking for dealers who have one on the lot so we can touch it, open doors and drawers and such. NOW for the check writing .... ah ... the bank will have to write that check and trust us to write one each month. : ? )

Joe & Mariel Warren, Swan Valley, ID/Seattle, WA
'97 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, 2011 Dutchman Voltage, and a 90LB Yellow Lab
marielw824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #31
The glitz and bling don't do much for us. Our's is a gas rig, the size is good, and it has two slides. We take it on short trips, under two hundred miles. Give those facts our rig is almost perfect, not worth spending more for minimal upgrades.
But if my wife ever retires, a DP, a little loger, and maybe three slides. But nothing that looks like a French house of pleasure.
badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #32
Not sure where this falls, but there a several that I would move in to if I had the money, but nothing that I like enough to spend more money than we are now, in our current situation....
Dad, Mom, The Girl, and The Boy. '07 Damon Daybreak 3276, Suzuki XL7.
4gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #33
Winnebago Owners Club
Funny this topic was found while in Hershey
1997 35u bounder, paid for, runs super, 80% remodel, not carpet left, new couch leather, two leather capt chairs, no leaks,

But one could thank about upgrade, at 52 I have time
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #34
I'm a #1. See sig. I am one that ordered a unit with 2 TVs in front. The one above the dash will run the navigation which is way easier to see than the small display by the radio. I do like all the "glitz"as one poster indicated. I wish I could afford one even more "glitzier".
No RV....yet.

STUFF IN THE GARAGE: F150, ChevyII Pro Street, Roush Mustang
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #35
I'm In #3
What I liked
King bed
Full body paint

What I didn't
Dark paint
Sectional couch- they quit making these for homes for a reason.
TV with a good view of the bathroom instead of out the windshield
Entry door at the front
Missing recliner
Table and chairs instead of booth- what does everyone ask for at a resturaunt
Lack of desperate washer and dryer
A/c units on the roof
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #36
I would have to go with number 1 also. I wanted capacity in water, power, space, etc and a super strong build for comfort and safety so I've decided on a late model Newell. The only thing that bugs me is the extreme luxury and glitz. DW loves it but to her it is a mobile condo. For an old country boy it's just so slick that I'm not sure I'll fit comfortably. Now a jeep toad, that's more in my comfort zone.
Christian51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #37
iRV2 No Limits Club
Number # 3
It was bought for a purpose and it filling that desire we had hoped.

We have no intentions of ever going full time.
Seeing new, expensive MHs are for ideas.

My wife was a bit surprised when I said to her, that I would not trade our mortgage free home and clear title Class C for any of the multimillion dollar Extreme MH that have been on TV, IF I had to go full-time and they included fuel and insurance for life.

We all have some "Gypsy blood" in us or enjoy a different type of
"outback style walk about" or we would not be into RVs.
I enjoy my "walk about" and enjoy returning to base.
We are satisfied with what we have.

We are K&K for Kathy & Ken - Both retired.
She accounting, he Law Enforcement
Oldme is offline   Reply With Quote