Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #1

Where Can I Replace The Factory Bedding?

Hi all,

I just bought an '11 Fuzion 360. We (my wife) decided on the "Sahara" interior, which is great - except both of us hate the master bed's fitted comforter and pillows that came from the factory. It's not a big thing really, but I wondered if there was any place where I can buy replacement stuff that's made FOR RV's. No luck at Sears or Camping World, but I know I'm not the first person to do this.

I did see some custom fitted stuff for $800, but that's is NOT going to happen
heypilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #2

couple of questions

1) why does it have to be "for RV"

2) have you contacted a local seamstress to modify an off the shelf version of what you want ... you can probably find the name of such a person at a fabric store, maybe your local senior center, sewing groups in your church ....

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
1) why does it have to be "for RV"

2) have you contacted a local seamstress to modify an off the shelf version of what you want ... you can probably find the name of such a person at a fabric store, maybe your local senior center, sewing groups in your church ....

I guess it doesn't have to be, I just like the way the RV comforter is fitted in the corners. You're right though, a local tailor/seamstress could do it for me. I just wondered if there was a place that specialized in such a thing. I mean, the OEM's get 'em somewhere!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Here's a reasonable "work-around"...
1. Find the perfect comforter set you want (as to pattern, color, material, etc.) at a Bed/Bath/Beyond or similar retailer.
2. Purchase it in a larger size than your bed to allow for alterations... or purchase additional pillows, bolsters or shams to use as "filler" material if necessary.
3. Take your "custom fitted" set for use as a pattern for your new set to a good seamstress, or to a upholsterer ...or even to a drapery shop to have them alter your newly purchased set to the required dimensions. Lots cheaper than having something made from scratch.
Every church, womens' club, and small town has a "Betsy Ross" who can easily do this.
Good luck!
Jim
Good man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
You'll pay a fortune for RV bedding. Good man's suggestion is the best. You could get a really nice comforter/bedspread/shams on sale/clearance next month when all the white sales are going on. The money you save will more than pay for a local seamstress make alterations.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 AM   #6
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypilch View Post
...I mean, the OEM's get 'em somewhere!
Most OEMs make their own. They have sewing departments that make drapes, cornice covers, throw pillows, bedding, and the like. They even make the covers for the dinettes, dining chairs, and sometimes even couches.

We liked the looks of our motorhome's original bed spread, but the material was stiff and the spread kept sliding off during the night, so we replaced it with one we bought at a local store. Even though we have a queen bed, we bought a king bed spread so there would be a little more down over the sides of the bed.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 AM   #7

Bed Bath & Beyond it is! Thank you all for your suggestions on this

The rest of the Fuzion's decor is really nice, but but the bedspread motif looks like something out of an old Rick James video.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #8
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Give you a quick tip. Leave your wife go by herself and pick out different materials, because no mater what, if it isn't just right, you know who gets the blame?
Mine didn't like some of ours so I let her go wild. I'm color blind anyway.

If it's not so bad, does a guy actually see it?
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I posted almost the same question about a year ago. We ended up just going with "Bed in a Bag" options and we like them just fine. We don't miss the fitted corners at all as it turns out.

Good Luck

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My DW made ours. Used a white down filled comforter and picked some material at a fabric store and covered the comforter. We have a full size Queen so it's also easier for us to change with off the shelf stuff.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by heypilch View Post
I guess it doesn't have to be, I just like the way the RV comforter is fitted in the corners. You're right though, a local tailor/seamstress could do it for me. I just wondered if there was a place that specialized in such a thing. I mean, the OEM's get 'em somewhere!
In the case of Jayco, they have an in-house sewing department and they make their bedding and upholstery from scratch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Why do you have to use "Fitted" items? Ours fitted items are stored and we use what we like, off the shelf at various stores.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Why do you have to use "Fitted" items?
The OP stated they liked them:
Quote:
I guess it doesn't have to be, I just like the way the RV comforter is fitted in the corners
Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #14

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I posted almost the same question about a year ago. We ended up just going with "Bed in a Bag" options and we like them just fine. We don't miss the fitted corners at all as it turns out.

Good Luck

Rick
Might be a little off-post, Rick, but what's a 'bed in a bag?"
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote