Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #15

Not sure where the ODDEST place was, but when I finally find the smart key for our 2014 Subaru Outback that we last say two days after we purchased it new, I'll post where I found it!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2016, 08:21 AM   #16

I will bet $3 that they are in the car between the seats or something. I always retrace my steps when I lose something. Good luck
Old 02-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #17

I lost a camera INSIDE my Geo Tracker. Not a big car and I never got out of the car until after it disappeared. That was 4 years ago....miss that camera.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Whatever it is that I lose, it's always my wife that finds it. I always find what she loses.So if you are the one that did the losing, you can quit looking!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:37 AM   #19

Do something else away from it to clear mind.

Now get coffee and sit in a quiet place and think about the last time you actually TOUCHED your lost item...keys.

Exactly where and what you were doing but stay seated...

Focus on actions following that in your head until the point that you noticed them gone.

Now get up and find something same size as keys and follow your actions and using the mock keys drop them to see where they may go or imagine placing them in handy spot out of habit.

It is amazing where I have set a tool or part while working on something concentrating on the work and just placing something in hand on some flat spot to free up a hand then later not being able to find it.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #20

Wife knows

My wifes responce to me if i asked her where the keys are is "Where did you leave them". Drives me nuts when she does that, but it makes me think way harder and i start looking more carefully. Good luck.
Moorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:40 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
...Where is the oddest place you ever found your keys?
Actually, they're still lost....2 years later. I was doing a "purging" of stuff we loaded in the Bounder when we bought new & never used. All that stuff went in boxes to Goodwill. An entire duplicate set of keys went missing but didn't notice it until months later, getting ready for a trip & long after the boxes were donated.

I have a sneaking suspicion Goodwill got a set of keys. Funny thing though, every set has a motorhome shaped keychain with our dealer's name/number on one side & DH's cell phone number on the other. You'd have thought they would've called. Oh well, that's why we have more than 1 set of duplicate keys.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #22

Last summer my sister and I went on a tour of the US...I always have a set of keys I leave in the tow vehicle and another set that I use. Well, the 'in use' set disappeared...we used the TV set for several days waiting for them to show up. They never did, so I stopped at a locksmith and had an entire duplicate set made - we were now back to the set in the tow vehicle and the 'in use' set. 2 days later my sister handed me the 'lost' set...she found them in an unused pocket of her purse. She must have meant to drop them in the main part of her purse and they missed and went into the side pocket. I now have 3 sets of dupes!

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #23

https://www.thetileapp.com/ Find your keys (or anything you attach to it). $26

If you have an Android phone, go to Google on a computer and type in find my phone to find that.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:58 AM   #24

We (ready Gary) lost the keys to the Jeep immediately after returning from fly fishing. He had a bunch of things in his hands... rod, net, vest & keys. He set everything down on the picnic table and told me all about the ones that got away. After a bit, he puts his gear in the back of the jeep and was going to lock it up. No keys. Anywhere. We looked and looked. On the ground, in the coach, in the jeep in his clothes, in the gear. NO KEYS.

We knew they had to be there somewhere and felt they'd surface eventually. The next day, Gary got his gear out to go fishing again and there stuck to the magnet on his net were the keys!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #25

Out camping one time doing the usual things. Later in the day, I couldn't find my keys. We searched the RV, truck, entire site 3 times etc. No luck.

Later that evening we went to build a fire and when I open the lounge chair, there they were. Apparently they fell out of my pocket while sitting on the chair earlier in the day and when I put it away they stayed there.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
I lost my wallet once and my dad found it about 5 yr later. I wish I had found it instead of him. I was a teenager at the time.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #27

You'll find your keys in the last place you look for them.
Old 02-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #28

Tile App

we had the same issue, after losing several sets of keys and replacing them, some times at great expense, we found the "Tile". Made by apple, they are small and can be attached to a set of keys, in a purse, backpack etc. download the app on your smart phone and press find, and if you are within about 100 yards it will show up and emit a sound to enable you to locate. usually you know the last time you had them and can come pretty close. If you are outside the range, if anyone else has the tile, and they are close it will pick up the signal. we have found our keys a bunch with these things. Bob

www.thetileapp.com