Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-14-2016, 03:33 PM   #29
Winnebago Owners Club
Found mine in the freezer compartment of our refrigerator one time. Had bought t g-kids ice cream and one didn't eat it all so I put the remaining milk shake in the freezer. How I put the keys in there I don't know. Probably thinking of something else and put them in there with the shake. It was indeed the last place I thought to look!

sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #30
Originally Posted by alvo View Post
https://www.thetileapp.com/ Find your keys (or anything you attach to it). $26

If you have an Android phone, go to Google on a computer and type in find my phone to find that.
This looks like a good idea... for my new set of keys.

2003 Itasca Sunrise 32v F53
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
At work, someone brought me two fresh caught fish they had caught on their lunch hour. I put the fish and my keys, so I couldn't forget the fish, in the lab refrigerator. At 9 PM that night, usually go home at 5, I found the keys and remembered to take the fish home.
Revolution LE 38X C9 Cat
2011 Scion TC toad
1985 KLR 600 as a backup...
krivanj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #32
In 10 years of fulltiming, it has amazed me how easy it is to lose things in such a small space! My toad keys have been a constant issue!

• The most stupid place I have "lost" mine was in the entry door! Since it has been 4 days, I assume that is not your issue.
  • Sometimes I forget which pants I had on and the pants got put up with the keys in them.
  • With space at a premium, often my keys get placed somewhere, and then something gets placed on top.
  • Once for some reason I placed them on top of the utility box and eventually found them the next day.
Good luck!
Roaming Full-timer (10 years & counting)
2004 Monaco Diplomat DST
Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:15 AM   #33

Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I lost my wallet once and my dad found it about 5 yr later. I wish I had found it instead of him. I was a teenager at the time.

Because why????? . . . . .
Scot & Laura Kellersberger
2001 Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 06:37 AM   #34
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
They could be anywhere. I lost my keys in my 14 X 18 office at work. I had to have my wife bring me the spare key to drive home. Two weeks later I found them in my file cabinet. Apparently I had them in my hand when I pulled a file and somehow they fell into an accordion file.
Dennis and Katherine
2000 Monaco Dynasty
barmcd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #35
It's winter, check all jacket and rain gear pockets. I changed the RV doorlock to a keypad. I also have a full set of keys for everything in the RV. I have a hide a key on the truck and a key for the RV in the glove box. SO FAR, I have never been locked out of anything. Lots of keys but loosing a key can ruin a trip.
hughtruex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #36
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Because why????? . . . . .
Based on the comment, I suspected it looked something like this...

Roaming Full-timer (10 years & counting)
2004 Monaco Diplomat DST
Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #37
Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
One time I finally found the missing keys on the floor of the trunk of the car (this is where second set is indispensable...). Apparently I dropped them when I was unloading something at the house.

Second time I found them--don't laugh--right where they were supposed to be. They had somehow gotten covered over by something else and for some reason I kept overlooking them.

DH accidentally threw his keys away one fall when unloading leaf debris in the county dumpster and there was no way to recover them. Now he makes sure he does not have keys and something else in his hands at the same time.

When we travel in the RV, DH keeps one set of keys and I have the other set. I make a point of never getting out without my keys and I also make sure when I get back in they are with me. It may sound a bit compulsive, but I locked myself out many years ago and do not want to repeat the experience...ever.

Hope you find yours!
2014 Newmar Bay Star 3308
Patti Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #38
Vintage RV Owners Club
There's a prayer that never fails... goes something like...Tony , Tony, Please come down, something's lost and must be found... another version of it is, Something's lost and can't be found. Please, St. Anthony, look around.
Can't hurt to try it!
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #39
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the trunk once and once under the pop up lid on the cup holder in the console of my Honda.
Clay WA5NMR - Ex Snowbird - 1 year, Ex Full timer for 11 years - 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Honda Accord toad.
Clay L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #40
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Would the Original Poster tell the rest of us if their keys were ever found & where they were found?

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Toad
Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottish Terrier)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #41
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
It's been four days now and I still can't find my keys. Returned from a quick trip in the car and a day later couldn't find them. And we have looked everywhere. Have searched all the usual and unusual places I may have put them - closet, trash, refrigerator, clothes bin, basements, etc. We are parked on an all grass site and scoured the area countless times. I am now wondering if a pack rat, or perhaps a crow, grabbed them. Probably will get the dog's stomach x-rayed tomorrow. It's driving me nuts, even though we have duplicates.

Where is the oddest place you ever found your keys?
Time to break down and do what all husbands do:

"Honey, where are my keys?"

Rick T.
2008 Titanium 30E35TS by Glendale
2005 Ram 3500 4x2 DRW 5.9 Cummins, Auto
Boliy Pro3600SIE Inverter generator
wowlites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #42
the fastest and surest way to find them is break down and replace them.
they always show up shortly there after,

beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote