Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #15

Allstate $250 deductible 1,231 year

gasman936
04 Discovery 39s
gasman936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Progressive contracted through USAA. I Have all my vehicles insured with USAA and MH is through Progressive.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #17

Actually, absolutely no one can give you an idea on the cheapest insurance for YOU.

Insurance depends on many factors - where you live, how much you drive, what you're driving, your driving history - tickets, accidents, your age, full-timers or not, your credit score, etc.

All you can do is just start calling around. We do so every two years. We're not loyal to one company. They give you a good price to begin with and then start upping it.

Good luck finding what's right for YOU.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #18

State Farm
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Progressive (A stated value policy)
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #20

Another AARP/Hartford
Old 08-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Something to consider when shopping for MH insurance: I had GMAC on the MH and AAA on everything else. I insured everything thru Hartford AARP and saved $1200 a year.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yet another AARP/HARTFORD!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Insuring all of your vehicles through the same insurer should get you a nice discount. I have a stated value policy on the rv, and my truck, motorcycle, and beater car through the same insurance, and pay about $1200/yr for all of them. It should only go down as I slowly get older.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #24

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some years ago I tried to use Miller to get a quote. In fact I tried a couple times. They even went so far as to call me and ask what I was paying now. I refused to tell them since I wanted a competitive quote, which they never provided.
When we got the Magna we were on the way to a GS rally on Phoenix and I went to their booth. Finally did get insurance from Allied through Millers and it was about $1300 a year cheaper then through GS.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #25

Another Hartford thru AARP.

First policy was Progressive thru USAA. Had a really difficult time getting thru to someone who would discuss policy SPECIFICS with me. I would quote a specific clause in the policy and ask questions regarding it, and the agent, then finally the underwriters on two occasions would only speak in generalities. I tried to pin them down to actual meaning or coverage, and it was like trying to hold a greased pig.

Moved to National General thru Good Sam when Progressive raised rates 40% in 2nd year, no claims, no tickets or any other offenses on that or ANY policies. I guess I asked too many questions! That was with our previous travel trailer. Got a quote from Nat'l General on our new to us coach. Way overpriced compared to Hartford AARP. Plus they wouldn't give me a discount for multiple vehicles (I still had the travel trailer insured thru National General. The reason stated was that a travel trailer was different from a motor home, therefore, multiplicity wasn't considered. When I sold the travel trailer, they charged me a hefty "Mid Year Cancellation Fee" to cancel the policy.

Hartford thru AARP, best rates, great reviews. Spoke to the underwriter regarding language of the policy, not only did they go into detail on the phone, but sent me an e-mail detailing that in accordance with my disclosed usage of the motor home (to and from Art Shows, lodging while at Art Shows) our use of the coach does not constitute "Business Usage" in accordance with the policy. That was the question I was trying to get answered by both Progressive and National General. We've had one claim with Hartford AARP for front window damage, they replaced both windows, had the service company do it in my driveway, great customer service, fast repair, follow-up for customer satisfaction, both for their handling of the claim, and the service company's handling of the repair. I will still shop around come renewal time, but fully expect to renew with Hartford AARP unless they get really stupid on the renewal.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Have mine through a broker - Hi Sage Marketing out of Escondido, CA. Motorhome « Hi Sage Insurance
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:04 PM   #27

Another Hartford thru AARP! Their rates are 40% lower that any other carrier for us (In Idaho and in Texas) $1100 a year for four vehicles... 2014 MH, 2015 Jeep, 2008 F-250 4x4, 2014 Jeep.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have Allied through FCIS. More insurance, cheaper and lower deductible than I got from Progressive through USAA.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance