Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #29
laj

I trust no one period. what I see and can confirm is the only reality I accept. sad where this world is

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
I trust no one period. what I see and can confirm is the only reality I accept. sad where this world is
I'm not sure I believe you.... :

flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #31
laj

ok, you got me. I believe you don't believe me. how's that for fast back peddling
Old 09-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj
ok, you got me. I believe you don't believe me. how's that for fast back peddling
RV salesman fast. Perhaps faster.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #33
laj

but I do confirm everything I do. even escrows real estate research on deals I do.
to much money involved just like rv's not to be cautious
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker art View Post
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.We bought our 89 30' class A last Oct for less than $4000 from a couple in there 80s that could not use it anymore.He was honest about everything and took good care of the mh.We started living fulltime within two weeks and have just completed a 2200 mile trip thru the socal and Az,desert.Everything worked great and the mh ran good even in the high heat of the desert and the bad traffic of socal.I feel bad about some of the rv ers that have had so much trouble it just don't seem fair to put so much into a vehicle and still have such problems.The only problem we had was a bad wheel bearing in my tow vehicle a motorcycle and it is a easy fix
We must be the other 1 then because your story is just like ours except it was a fuel filter. Otherwise its been perrrfect. 1982 Pace Arrow 44,000 miles (now just under 49,000) still not a drop of oil used or leaked including the gennie. They are out there you just have to know what to look for.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #35

Did you ever get your money? I want to cancel mine, but not if I'm going to end up without a policy OR a refund.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
And so do private owners!
X-2. Right you are my friend.....
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Was at a dealers so called "Auction" about a year ago in Northern Ohio. They must have had 300-400 used RV's of every year and type. For the most part even the ones that were only 3-4 years old were beat...Long story short...when it came down to the start of the so called auction, there were only 6-7 people / couples seated in front of the auctioneer. So I guess if we each bought 50 units we would have cleared the lot. Either this dealer took in this many RV's on trade, or he bought a whole lot at a fire sale. Most had signs post "as is". Must have been many re-po's mixed in too.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #38

Where Not To Buy Your RV

Questions for LDP243. So very sorry to read about the problems you had! I just saw a rig, that i am interested in online that the same dealer has for sale ...so i am VERY interested to read the threads here! You mentioned that the mileage on the rig you bought from them was incorrect. Do you have any idea how that happened? Was there an incorrect mileage on the ad and then after you took delivery you caught the error? Also how did you find out that the rig had been a repo? How would one check to see if a rig had been a repo...just to make sure? Also...I would appreciate any thoughts/input from anyone on the possible pitfalls of buying a repo rig. Anyone out there had a GOOD experience buying a MH from That dealer or that could recc them?
Old 12-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you purchase a warranty from a dealer, the refund first goes to the dealer. The dealer acts as the agent. He buys the warranty for x amount of dollars, marks it up and sells it to you. When a policy is cancelled, the warranty company only sends the portion of the dealers cost, back to the dealer. Any mark-up the dealer had is refunded back to you at a set pro-rated amount from the dealer along with the pro rated amount of the cost of the warranty. Hope that makes sense. That is true for any dealer. Keep in mind, if you financed the service contract as part of your purchase and the loan is still outstanding, the refund will be sent to the lien holder.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I got to thinking about inspections on rv's. I have traded in two rev's and not once did the dealer do more than a quick walk through just basically looking at the cosmetics. Never was it test driven, appliances checked, roof ect. When people are whining about dealers or private parties ripping them off, I wonder how many issues with their trade ins they brought to the dealers attention. No granted, the dealer is in the same position as a customer at that point but, the question still stands………HOW MANY CUSTOMERS BROUGHT KNOWN ISSUES UP TO THE DEALER? There are many honest people out there but I bet many when confronted with an issue use the old "really? I never noticed that!" Next time your questioning a sellers motives, you might want to look at your own motives as a seller. Thats what you are when you trade in a vehicle, a seller. If all others must be held to these high standards we set then maybe the folks trading in should be as well. I would hate to see the reconditioning costs of even the best maintained RV trade in's
Old 12-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I got to thinking about inspections on rv's. I have traded in two rev's and not once did the dealer do more than a quick walk through just basically looking at the cosmetics. Never was it test driven, appliances checked, roof ect. When people are whining about dealers or private parties ripping them off, I wonder how many issues with their trade ins they brought to the dealers attention. No granted, the dealer is in the same position as a customer at that point but, the question still stands………HOW MANY CUSTOMERS BROUGHT KNOWN ISSUES UP TO THE DEALER? There are many honest people out there but I bet many when confronted with an issue use the old "really? I never noticed that!" Next time your questioning a sellers motives, you might want to look at your own motives as a seller. Thats what you are when you trade in a vehicle, a seller. If all others must be held to these high standards we set then maybe the folks trading in should be as well. I would hate to see the reconditioning costs of even the best maintained RV trade in's
Exactly. All too often people don't follow the old adage of whats good for the goose is good for the gander. It's definitely a two-way street.

At the dealership I work for, any potential trade-ins or for people bringing units in to sell, a salesman will always grab one of us to come out and do an inspection for anything serious. The first thing I do is climb on the roof and look at how re-sealing and repairs have been done. Once inside I look at the 4 corners, inside cabinets, floor corners, around slide rooms, bathroom, under sinks etc. The whole process of looking for major issues generally only takes about 15 minutes or so - and honestly, we can just about assess the overall quality of the unit simply by how well or poorly the owners have kept it - and bringing it in washed and waxed and shiny and pretty doesn't hide the underlying problems to the trained eye .

You pretty much know when you see one come in whether or not it's going to have issues, and where to begin looking. They quickly turn down one if it has any signs of major repairs that have been performed by campground-trained do-it-yourselfers simply because our dealership does not wish to propagate "junk".
Old 12-14-2013, 08:36 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I too have to add good thoughts about Lazydays...
We bought our current coach from them on Halloween. I spent two hours with the former owner (he had already traded it in) and he went over anything he knew was wrong with the coach. Lazydays then took it in for three days and fixed everything on his and my list and a bunch of stuff we did not find. I talked to the actual tech who did some of the work and he said they did a bunch more that no one had mentioned. I found out they had even replaced a window that was starting to fog. While I was considering an extended warranty, I needed a statement that all was working with the coach. The Lazydays delivery manager gave me the punch list they had used to prepare the coach. I could not believe the stuff they fixed. And a full tank of diesel, plus the annual services.
I found a couple small issues the first month we had it and they fixed all those too without complaint in a timely manner. Maybe I could have save a little somewhere else, but the peace of mind was worth it.

krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote