Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Lovin2Camp View Post
I follow RV's on Ebay Motors quite extensively and Clear Choice always has a number of Coachs on every week. There Feedback rating is 100% with no negatives and only a couple neutrals and they are an award winning seller with Ebay. I am sure by all these comments they are to be avoided like the Plague, It's just sad that unsuspecting buyers would see there Ebay Auction pages and believe they are ok to deal with and can see no "red flags"!
As a former Clear Choice buyer, my comments were not trying to "warn" people not to buy from them, just to understand that buying RVs on Ebay, paying up front "sight unseen" and showing up with not much time available for inspection is not a good way to purchase RVs. Many of Clear Choice's buyers are people like me, who buy from them at a bargain price to get into the RV lifestyle at an affordable price. I flew in from quite a distance away, and knew nothing about RV's at all. I would NEVER do this again, but I'm not criticizing anyone....including Clear Choice. I was not cheated, nor was anything "hidden". However I got VERY lucky that they weren't any big problems hiding where I didn't know to look for them. As it was, I ended up replacing all eight tires (I wasn't happy with their condition on pick-up) and one A/C unit (broke a few miles down the road after pickup).

Clear Choice sells RV's as-is, where-is. This can be very dangerous for an inexperienced buyer. I would recommend buying from them only if you know what to look for, and only if you can get to the LA area to inspect the coach before committing to the sale. Ebay's format does not lend itself to properly buying a coach. That said, I believe Clear Choice would have arranged for me to look at the coach if I'd asked.

Ultimately I gave Clear Choice good feedback and had 3 very happy years full-timing in my first RV. Not much to complain about there.

Bobby & Darrell Mukaisu
2005 Monaco Windsor 40PST 400HP ISL Cummins
2014 Chevy Equinox LS - Full Timers Since 10/1/2010 and Loving it!
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #58
As a former car dealer, I say if the warranty was included in the finance contract then the money goes to the lender and comes off the end of the loan. If paid cash, the buyer gets the refund and the dealer a charge back. When cancelling, specify the money goes NOT to the dealer.

Follow us at: http://joelandesta.blogspot.com/
2006 HR Endeavor 40'...2002 Corvette
2011 Forest River 20' Cargo Trailer
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #59
At cl
homeless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #60
Thor Owners Club
Trust but verify...best advice for dealing with anybody or anything.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #61
I trust my dealer. They do what they say they will and if something is wrong they did'nt know about they will fix it. Just have to do some checking around to see if the dealer your working with will stand by his or her word. Folks will let you pretty quick if they have had trouble with them.
arthur54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Originally Posted by faye View Post
send your agreement and your correspondence to the attorney general of the state the dealer is in and ask his help.

And/or consumer reporters at TV stations.
2004 Itasca Spirit -- The Darlin' Dot II
A big fan of Jimmy Buffett, The Boston Red Sox & The Open Road
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark ... and we're wearing sunglasses."
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #63
Oh how I wish I had known about this forum before we even bought anything. Again, Thank you, we really appreciate all the information !
Sammysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #64
Hello all. New here. I too am having ongoing problems with Clear Choice. Bought on eBay, paid, turned up. It's a dud. Total shed. Awaiting refund.....
The RV I bought was listed 4 times prior to me buying and has been back on 3 times since. The contract they make you sign states you must not be negative about them anywhere including online. So I'm not...
goosegog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #65
We had to sign an agreement also that stated no bad-mouthing Clear Choice , however as my husband stated, they also claim you must be satisfied with your purchase or your money will be refunded. Obviously, they haven't held up their end of the deal and they couldn't care less about us. I don't know how Ebay can keep letting them sell vehicles on their site ! You would think Ebay would tell them to get out ! Still, no matter how many calls and emails we've done, they have not returned any calls or emails after the last argument with George, and no money has been refunded. We are still deciding how we should go about this !
Old 03-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #66
Yes, I have signed their 'contract' too. I'm not sure it's worth the paper it's written on and I'm sure it's no coincidence their (and I use the term loosely) "contract" gives them 60 days to refund when eBay limits feedback to 60 days also.

It's almost like (but not saying they do) they sell low quality vehicles, tie people into their 'contracts', then never refund an unhappy purchase. If you break the "contract" by leaving appropriate feedback, they have the 'right' not to return your money. If you wait longer than 60 days, you have no leg to stand on anyway. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, is the hypothetical situation. All just theory of course...
goosegog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:10 AM   #67
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Dan Wong Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Wong
Thanks for the information provided by this forum. I learned a lot.
Dan Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:04 AM   #68
WADR to the unsuspecting buyers who got screwed, you guys have to at least take some ownership for your own carelessness to the approach of buying an RV "sight-unseen" on ebay.

Now before you get all upset at me for saying that, let me first say that I too have made similar mistakes, MANY TIMES, via ebay, and craigslist buying boats, cars, you name it. And that is precisely why I no longer buy any vehicle more than $4,000 without first inspecting it myself. Even if that means taking a couple of days off and getting on an airplane to do it. I, and many like myself, learned from my mistakes, yet a majority of the ebay buying public still doesn't seem to get it. Which is why ebay auction items are generally over-priced. There are simply way more buyers than suppliers. Buyers who have plenty of money, are too lazy (busy, unable, whatever) to get out and do their homework. Yet expect a dealer to stand behind a product that is 14 or 15 years old. You expect a few airbrushed photos to tell the true story about a product? Unless it's brand new, I don't see how you can expect that to be reasonably accomplished. When it doesn't work out they want the dealer or ebay to make it right? That's not going to happen because the dealer isn't likely aware of all the problems and ebay is just a facilitator. They have no bearing on QC.

I have seen, and bid, on a few Clear Choice RVs. But then I flew out to see the RVs in person before the auction ended. The pictures tell only a fraction of the story. With an RV you have to first run every system, walk the roof, look behind every cabinet (for evidence of leaks), crawl under the vehicle, etc. In short, if you're going to spend $20-$30,000 for a used 10+ yr old RV, at least have the sense to get a $300 inspection done. You wouldn't buy a house without an inspection, right? How is a moving house, like a MH, any different?

Clear Choice seems to me to be a volume wholesaler. Those types of dealers typically flip for a very small profit using the volume to keep the cash flowing (more volume, more flips, more revenue for more deals, the cycle repeats). That, in my guess, allows them to buy at auction and sell for lower than typical retail. And that's why so many of us sniff out what we think are "good deals" at their auctions. But you have to go out and see the vehicle first. That, or walk away from the deal, which it appears some have. And in that case CC should do the right thing and refund the deposits. But absent of that, it is the buying public that perpetuates the problem of purchasing vehicles sight unseen. Sometimes I can't believe what an item will go for on ebay. And yet buyers will get into a bidding war on already over-priced stuff purely based on a few photos of the item.

I recently flew Ontario to look at an RV at CC that I wanted to bid on. It wasn't all that far off from the auction add, but it still needed a fair bit of work. Were I to make an offer, I would do so knowing full well that I'd have to pour a minimum of $2-$3,000 into cosmetic fixes. Then there is things like tires, AC systems, etc. I have bought one vehicle from CC in the past. From everything I could tell they were pretty upfront in their paperwork that I was buying "As is". So my expectations were low. Hence I was happily surprised with the product when I picked it up.
cptgregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #69
I am writing in regard to the posts that I have here. I am happy to say that we finally did get our money back. It took a few more emails and the owner explaining he knew nothing about this happening. He immediately got in touch with the person in California and told him to send us the amount due. We got our check within one week of informing the owner . We are both glad that this is all behind us now ! Thank you all for your help !
At this point, we would consider buying from Clear Choice again.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #70
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.

Originally Posted by Sammysdad View Post
I am writing in regard to the posts that I have here. I am happy to say that we finally did get our money back. It took a few more emails and the owner explaining he knew nothing about this happening. He immediately got in touch with the person in California and told him to send us the amount due. We got our check within one week of informing the owner . We are both glad that this is all behind us now ! Thank you all for your help !
At this point, we would consider buying from Clear Choice again.

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote