Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #1

Where not to buy your RV

We should have a sticky for guys like these. long story made short . I bought our MH from Clear Choice Motors out of Colton Ca., my bad but too late for me now its a done deal. lots of LIES from these guys. I purchased a Service policy from them and canceled it because the mileage was wrong on the Coach and the policy too ,and it was already out of warranty . the Insurance gave my refund to CC motors, they kept saying for a month that my check would be mailed out next week but never sent it, and now they will not respond at all to my calls or E-MAILS
LDP243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is this the one you posted about purchasing off eBay at this link
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/inter...ml#post1507525
Was a pre purchase check made before you purchased it? Do I understand it right that you had it delivered to you?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I prefer to buy from a private party. Dealers lie. Dealers add little or no value.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I prefer to buy from a private party. Dealers lie. Dealers add little or no value.
I think it depends on the Dealer, just like a purchase from a private party would depend on the honesty of the person selling.

The Dealer I use the most (bought 3 RV's there and sold 2 on consignment) has been in business for over 20 years. If I should purchase somewhere else, I would insist on taking to the dealership for their service dept to examine.

But I'm happy now and don't intend on another purchase for awhile...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
I think it depends on the Dealer, just like a purchase from a private party would depend on the honesty of the person selling.

The Dealer I use the most (bought 3 RV's there and sold 2 on consignment) has been in business for over 20 years. If I should purchase somewhere else, I would insist on taking to the dealership for their service dept to examine.

But I'm happy now and don't intend on another purchase for awhile...

Well said Toyduck
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
Well said Toyduck
Purchased from a dealer. Had a few problems after purchase but dealer stepped up and corrected. If I had purchased from an individual I doubt they would have replaced the convection oven($500) and fixed some leaks around exhaust fans. Also had a water leak under the shower. They felt so bad about it that they have given me price breaks on other work they have done for me recently. Example $ 160 to recoat my rubber roof with Kool Seal Top Coat. Used 2 1/2 gallons at $60 per gallon. Good deal huh. Depends on who you deal with.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would never buy without seeing it up close and personal. When I was looking I had private parties and dealers misrepresenting the rig over the phone, and found out when I showed up to look at it. Since the dealer is in California, you can file a complaint with DMV as they are the licensing entity. They may or may not investigate it depending on what you send in, but if they get a few complaints, they will then go back and look into past complaints. The complaint form is here: http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inv/inv172.pdf
Good luck.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #8

Yes this is the same coach that I wrote about before, the refund that I am talking a bought is what was negotiated after the sale with the dealer. and he finally did reply to my last e-mail. same results said your check is in the mail. you should have it next week.That makes the 4th or 5th time I have heard that from this guy
Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #10

Clair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDP243 View Post
We should have a sticky for guys like these. long story made short . I bought our MH from Clear Choice Motors out of Colton Ca., my bad but too late for me now its a done deal. lots of LIES from these guys. I purchased a Service policy from them and canceled it because the mileage was wrong on the Coach and the policy too ,and it was already out of warranty . the Insurance gave my refund to CC motors, they kept saying for a month that my check would be mailed out next week but never sent it, and now they will not respond at all to my calls or E-MAILS
We purchased a 97 Fleetwood from Clear Choice over ebay in Jan and they delivered it to us in Vegas. It looked great in the photos.They never showed up til 11 at night so we never saw it till the next morning , I had to replace the 6 back tires that day as the threads were showing thru them.You name it and it was either broke or broke the next day. They didn't tell us it was repossessed. We had to drive back to Canada 5000 miles and they said it was roadworthy. And like you it was nothing but lies and no answers either by phone or emails. It cost me $3000 to get it home and it will cost me another $2500 to fix everything else.
pressed4time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressed4time View Post
We purchased a 97 Fleetwood from Clear Choice over ebay in Jan and they delivered it to us in Vegas. It looked great in the photos.They never showed up til 11 at night so we never saw it till the next morning , I had to replace the 6 back tires that day as the threads were showing thru them.You name it and it was either broke or broke the next day. They didn't tell us it was repossessed. We had to drive back to Canada 5000 miles and they said it was roadworthy. And like you it was nothing but lies and no answers either by phone or emails. It cost me $3000 to get it home and it will cost me another $2500 to fix everything else.
That is exactly what they did to us 10 PM delivery, except I do have all their e-mails where they agreed to pay for the repairs, of course they never did, so my lawyer says I can sue them for triple the repair cost , and I have turned them into the BBB , nothing seems to bother these scum-baggs so I may go ahead and sue them.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #12

dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDP243 View Post
Yes this is the same coach that I wrote about before, the refund that I am talking a bought is what was negotiated after the sale with the dealer. and he finally did reply to my last e-mail. same results said your check is in the mail. you should have it next week.That makes the 4th or 5th time I have heard that from this guy

send your agreement and your correspondence to the attorney general of the state the dealer is in and ask his help.
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
BBB is a joke in my experience with them. Get an attorney to write a couple of letters.

Good luck.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Stay away from "King RV", Fredericksburg, VA. I bought a nice Pace Arrow there. The coach was fine, but they said it was fully serviced -- wrong. I should have checked. Put me on the road with no fire extinguisher. That's a DOT violation. There were a couple other issues that were discussed before I wrote the check, but they did not do and I trusted them. I asked for about $400 reimbursement -- they would not return calls, they snubbed the BBB. My purchase was in December of 2011.
Still sticks in my craw ... if they had just stepped up and made it right I wouldn't continuously be bad mouthing them. The more business I can cost them, the better.
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote