Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 04:47 AM   #43

If you trade a vehicle you think the dealer is interested in your story? After all he is supposed to be the Professional. Are there bad apples in the basket? you bet. The old story:Buyer beware. If the vehicle is a pile of junk he will just wholesale down the road. The vehicle you traded in has issues.Why else would you get rid of it? You may want to upgrade but will you tell the dealer whats wrong with the vehicle ? I bet you don't and you should not have to.
The dealer is in business to sell vehicles. How well he inspects and repairs them it,s up to him. Maybe he has integrety maybe not. There are plenty of posts telling about bad and good dealers. Its your choice.Cheers Gerald
Gerald Duerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
If you purchase a warranty from a dealer, the refund first goes to the dealer. The dealer acts as the agent. He buys the warranty for x amount of dollars, marks it up and sells it to you. When a policy is cancelled, the warranty company only sends the portion of the dealers cost, back to the dealer. Any mark-up the dealer had is refunded back to you at a set pro-rated amount from the dealer along with the pro rated amount of the cost of the warranty. Hope that makes sense. That is true for any dealer. Keep in mind, if you financed the service contract as part of your purchase and the loan is still outstanding, the refund will be sent to the lien holder.
Unfortunately, the warranty company says they can't help me AND the dealer SWEARS he can't help me either. No one can tell me how much I have coming back after one year of the four I bought, so I'm afraid to just send in the cancellation paperwork and have them say, "Here's the $27.13 that we owe you." If that's the case, I'll just keep it. At least it's something. But if NO ONE will tell me what I have coming back, they have me stuck and I can't cancel it. I don't know how to get help!!
echocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #45

Echocreek -

May I suggest that if you bought a warranty and paid money for it, then you also got a copy of it?

I suspect that the terms of the warranty, and the pro-rating of the refund, as well as any exclusions, are listed there?

Perhaps a good place to begin would be to read that document?

Just my opinion.

GL Arnold
Old 02-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #46

Where not to buy your RV !

We purchased from Clear Choice Motors also and got burned. We are still owed several thousand dollars from them. We bought a bus, went out there to get it, only to find there were many problems with it. We cancelled and he claimed a check would be mailed to us. In the meantime, two other customers were also mad and having problems with George.We started looking again. and yes, bought a different one from him, on the assumption, he would use the $2000.00 towards the next bus, as he claimed he would do, and send us the check from the first bus, as it was more than the second one. We had it delivered and it was not in nice shape, as the pictures showed ! We called him numbers of times, sent emails, sent emails to the partner in Canada had several discussions on the phone and he claimed the check would be in the next weeks mail. This was before the end of last year and still no check. It was off of Ebay. we didn't contact Ebay, as George claimed they would send the check. We do not know what to do...call the BBB in California, try and get Ebay involved again or do we have to spend more money to get an attorney ? We are so fed up with that place, they should be put out of business!!!
Sammysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysdad View Post
We purchased from Clear Choice Motors also and got burned. We are still owed several thousand dollars from them. We bought a bus, went out there to get it, only to find there were many problems with it. We cancelled and he claimed a check would be mailed to us. In the meantime, two other customers were also mad and having problems with George.We started looking again. and yes, bought a different one from him, on the assumption, he would use the $2000.00 towards the next bus, as he claimed he would do, and send us the check from the first bus, as it was more than the second one. We had it delivered and it was not in nice shape, as the pictures showed ! We called him numbers of times, sent emails, sent emails to the partner in Canada had several discussions on the phone and he claimed the check would be in the next weeks mail. This was before the end of last year and still no check. It was off of Ebay. we didn't contact Ebay, as George claimed they would send the check. We do not know what to do...call the BBB in California, try and get Ebay involved again or do we have to spend more money to get an attorney ? We are so fed up with that place, they should be put out of business!!!
We bought our first RV from Clear Choice. I think we got very, very lucky. Knowing what I know I would NEVER do it again. Fortunately other than the tires having cracks (but very good tread) our coach was in good shape. We also lost an A/C 6 miles after the pickup, but there was no indication of any trouble before leaving. Clear Choice stated up front that a new slide topper was being ordered (it was missing). It wasn't ordered and they never supplied it. As I said. I got real lucky. We lived in it for 3 1/2 years and loved it. We also found a large quantity of illegal drugs prepackaged for distribution in a box hidden under the sofa over a year after we had the coach! Can't imagine what would have happened if we had crossed the border with that!
This guy's Modus Operandi is to dump these coaches AS-IS via ebay. You get what you get. Don't expect any support after the sale at all. Unfortunately with most of his sales his customers are into the coach for several thousand before they know what shape the coach is REALLY in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Consider using small claims. I know there is a price limit and often times collecting the money is still hard to do, but now you can file various liens and be as big a pain as they are. One other tidbit is suboenaing all the parties, owners, managers,sales people,clerks you name it and they must appear or be found in contempt. Just a little legal push back.

Dpn G.
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #49

20 years in law enforcement tells me my fellow LEOs pull a lot of their "knowledge" out of their butt. They rarely know what they are talking about, because they rarely actually study their own information, rules, policies and regulations.
I learned early on never to trust their legal opinion, or their knowledge of the regulations. I was always amazed at the level of illiteracy amongst them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTurner1 View Post
I got my info from a state trooper who does DOT inspections in my state. While most officers avoid RVs because there are so many grey areas, he will write you for not having one near the exit door. His reasoning is you carry propane and 12volt wiring is prone to starting I trust his advice.
I looked it up thanks to your prompting and this is what I found: fhttp://www.rvlifemag.com/RV38-1/rvtip38-1.html

The best thing I got from the conversation was, "we don't mess with RVs, because of all the grey areas, but we can always site you for safety violations. All we have to do is look real hard".

Oh, flares and triangles are required too according to officer friendly.
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Contact the states attorney general. They will be happy to go after them free of charge.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #51
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammysdad View Post
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #52

Thank you ! It would seem the best bet would be to contact the Attorney General or go small claims! This whole transaction has put a damper on the idea of RVing and having fun, but I appreciate the answers and thank you for the Welcome
Old 02-09-2014, 05:09 AM   #53

I follow RV's on Ebay Motors quite extensively and Clear Choice always has a number of Coachs on every week. There Feedback rating is 100% with no negatives and only a couple neutrals and they are an award winning seller with Ebay. I am sure by all these comments they are to be avoided like the Plague, It's just sad that unsuspecting buyers would see there Ebay Auction pages and believe they are ok to deal with and can see no "red flags"!
Lovin2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your refund should be based on either the amount of months that have passed since the warranty went into effect or the mileage that has been put on the vehicle whichever is greater. As an example, if the warranty was for 60 months or 60000 miles and you were 40 months and 10000 miles into the contract, you would base the refund on the months rather than the mileage as percentage wise you have used more months than mileage. Take the amount you paid, divide it by the sixty months and then multiply that number by 40. Subtract that number from the selling price of the warranty and you have your refund. Most companies use this refund method. Some may have a small cancellation fee as well that they subtract from the pro rated refund. Should at least get you close.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:58 AM   #55

I'm quite surprised that more buyers don't utilize an RV inspection company during the pre-purchase phase with private or online sellers. I have done many for random buyers, even some repeat buyers. Even if you don't want to use or cannot find a local inspection company make a quick phone call to a few local dealer's service manager to find a tech there who will perform the inspection There are many excellent service techs whom will do this.. in most cases for just a few hundred bucks. If the service managers won't play ball with you then investigate mobile repair services and ask them if they'll do it for you.

Having a nice "punch" list may help in the $$ negotiations as well as giving you a nice list of things you know you'll need to address after purchase.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #56

Again, thank you for the response to our question ! I think what saved us the first time around was the fact that my husband was a mechanic. The first time , when my husband started pointing things out to George, I guess this guy realized he had someone that knew what he was looking at, and not just cover things up. They were running around like chickens without heads when Bob started pointing out all the flaws.Even George himself, was working on the RV ! At this point I was so fed up with all the things wrong, we agreed to just try and get our money back. We drove back to WI. and were very physically and emotionally drained ! I started looking around again and saw a picture of a nice one....sure enough, it was from the same dealer. What swayed us again, was the fact that $2000.00 from the down payment of the first one would be used towards this purchase, instead of us losing it ! The thought of driving all the way out there again was just too much and we decided to have it delivered. And yes, it was delivered late at night, making it hard to see and inspect it. The next day, Bob called them and complained about the poor shape it was in and how the pictures must have been retouched. One thing led to another and finally an agreement was reached. We even ended up talking to the Owner of Clear Choice, which there too, seems to be a matter of who is the owner and who works for who !! Another Red Flag ! I have Emails from them besides ours, so that is in writing, but still no response from them !!! We will pursue this though, but it does seem like it appears we may never see that money ! Thank you again and keep those ideas coming...you never know, we may run them out of business yet ! I will never know how some people can look you straight in the eyes and all that comes out of their mouths is lies !!!