Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
Where to get Culligan threaded outlet part

I have the Culligan RVF-10 filtration system on our Newmar Mt. Aire.
It's done fine but began to leak from the connectors in the last several weeks.
Before doing the initial install I replaced most of the connectors with store-bought brass fittings. I used thread tape and washers and assembled it as carefully as possible. Now, when I attempt the same procedure I find that the outlet "thing" that goes from filter housing to the rig's water inlet has stripped threads. So..where do I get a replacement? I've searched the web and I can get all kinds of stuff but I don't see these white plalstic doo-dads anywhere.

Short of buying a new one, I don't see a way to replace this one !#%## part! Planned obsolescence, anyone?


artrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
here's the photo

I tried to load a pic but it didn't go. Try again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_6594.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	32213  

artrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 52
Looks like nylon , our local ace hardware has those. If you have an ace or other hardware store, I would think they would have it.
Pnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Senior Member
Clayobx's Avatar

Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Willow Lakes RV & Golf Resort, FL
Posts: 3,133
I agree with Pnr, I have purchased the exact item at any of the two big box stores, Ace, most mom and pop stores carry them!
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,830
Water pur filters come with brass threads It looks like a clw12.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Senior Member
Caveman CBB's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Storden,MN
Posts: 672
Any farm store like TSC will have the part you need. ACE hardware will have it too. You may have to do some looking around in the store to find it but, it's there. We use something just like that on the farm .
Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
bob213's Avatar
Forest River Owners Club
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fresno, Kalifornia
Posts: 35
Unscrew one and take it to the store with you. Might be pipe thread on both ends or pipe on one end and hose thread on other. They should have either.
Bob and Sue with our four legged son Jerry.
Fresno, Kalifornia
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #8
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118

During the night I realized that I should go to the local ACE (it happens to be the closest anyway), take the piece with me and look for a match. Thanks for the suggestions and maybe a part number. I'll let you know what I find.

artrosch is offline   Reply With Quote

culligian, water filter parts

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.