Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #15
Think about Winnebago Journeys in the 2001-2004 age range. Quite a few out there in the low 50's. Went through the same search a year ago, bought a 2003 32t for $52k Will need tires next year (age), a great coach with Cummins and Allison in a Freightliner Chassis.

RandyMWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
just keep looking you know it when you find it. floor pan make sure it works for your needs as other have mentioned. just make sure you take a good look at everything if possible. if you are sure about something hire a pro to check it out. it could be money well spent. good luck

ZOOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We found the rig changed as we did. Most recent move was from 4WD diesel truck and fifth wheel to small gas mh. I have two new to me knees and was finding the stairs difficult. DP's seem to have a lot of stairs too. We are both leery of the one door motor homes. DH was finding the fifth wheel hard to hook and unhook. We are just back from two months in Florida and had all the space/stuff we needed. Good luck and enjoy the process. Likely the next rig you buy won't be your last anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Phil & Heather
& Olaf the boxer
2008 Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #18

We just purchased a 2001 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher. The previous owners lived in it full time and believe it or not, it is IMMACULATE! inside and out. Lots of extras as they were getting out of RV'ing (age), 2 year old full body paint job, 5 year old new roof by Newmar factory, new tires, date stamp 2615, new house refrigerator last September, new Splendide washer/dryer combo last August, the list goes on and on. Under 50k including tax title and license, private seller, they are out there, just keep looking, we looked in 5 states, found this one right under our noses, 35 miles away, craigslist. Took it to a freightliner dealer for a DOT+ inspection etc, Keep looking!
Scot & Laura Kellersberger
2001 Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #19
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Don't be afraid of Workhorse chassis. I have not found any problem with service or parts. My local GMC dealer maintains it and was former Workhorse authorized dealer. We love our Motorhome and just had upgrades done to it.
Absolutely agree. I chose the Workhorse because I had the same engine (Chevy 8.1 liter) in my previous B+ and loved it. With the Allison transmission and overdrive, it's a great combination.

If you have 2 air conditioners, then you definitely want 50 amp service - heck, 1 AC and a microwave takes 30 amp close to the limit.

There are lots of mid-2000 models out there in your price range. Buy for condition and floor plan. I wouldn't worry about the chassis - both the Ford and the Workhorse are fine.

Don Simmons
2006 Winnebago Voyage 33V Pushed by a 2014 Chevrolet Captiva
Visit us at Travels With Linda
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote