Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15
Which address should I use ?

We now have our Allegro bus and we love it ! As we are not resident Americans ( we're Brits) we went down the Montana LLC route not for sales tax savings but it gave us an address in the USA to start things up. You cannot imagine how difficult is can be without a USA drivers license or a social security number, having an address is the next best thing.
Our RV is insured at the LLC address which gives a 25% loading and we are on british driving licenses which is another 25% loading so we pay double the normal rate but its the only way we have found to keep legal.
We have now bought a toad, Honda CR-v and we have joined Good Sam's and Escapees for a PMB. Which address should I use for the CR-V insurance ? the LLC or Escapees ? It confuses everyone when you use the Montana LLC and then they send all of the documents there as well. Is it legal to have the owner of the CR-V in Montana and we insure it at the mail forwarding address in Livingstone?
We are in Florida at the moment so we will pick the Honda up on 30 day tags.

Many thanks


Richard and Hazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
Skip426's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 15,641
Richard , living in Canada I don't know all the in's and outs of the Montana LLCs; only that it was no use to me when I purchased there, even though the dealer was pushing it .
I would ask this , did you look into a Montana drivers license when you did the LLC , or is US citizenship a requirement for that ?
I know people who have done the LLC and drivers license in Montana to avoid state taxes and fees on their truck and trailer.
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.