Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2018, 07:23 AM   #85

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
From my PERSONAL experiences I prefer not to be in MAINE. They seem to tolerate my presence in there parks (two different parks) and never seemed to value my business. Probably just me but you asked. mark
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #86

Florida was great 50 years ago. Mexico was great 20 years ago.
Old New Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #87

Wait....has anyone been thrown out of a rest stop for violating the time restriction? We have stopped at a few hundred rest stops from coast to coast for a minimum of 5 hours sleep.....never an issue.

However in the early 2000's we pulled the Class C into the Seiverille TN WallyWorld parking lot at midnight in a rainstorm. 1/2 hrs later SPD was knocking loudly on the door, pointed out the tiny signs up high on the light poles forbidding overnight stays per City Ordinance. The Officer was right, we were wrong so we moved on down the road.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:25 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x16inside View Post
Now the state law in Oklahoma and tons of newly added signage stating
DO NOT IMPEDE LEFT LANE, STATE LAW LEFT LANE TO PASS ONLY
etc. Sometimes I wonder if people even know what IMPEDE means.
Because police don't do much about speeding anymore, IMO, the new law only gave drivers more leeway to drive balls to the wall, 90 to nothing and believe me, they are and do!!
And, from Florida...

"However, driving too slowly is also against Florida law. You must not drive so slowly that you block or delay traffic moving at normal, safe speeds. You should drive with the flow of traffic, within the speed limit. When driving slower than the flow of traffic, keep right so others may safely pass. On highways, when the posted speed limit is 70 mph, the minimum speed limit is 50 mph."
DanCFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #89

Winnebago Owners Club
pay your way.....don't expect a free ride
Old 12-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #90

I would not like to visit any state that would welcome someone like me. [emoji16]
Old 12-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrace56 View Post
Read your link.
It's about 45' +.
The maps are a guide go prevent small roads from being damaged or accidents from occurring by oversized vehicles.

Actually the code defines a 45' bus as greater than 40 up to 45
45' Buses & Motorhomes

What is a 45-foot bus or motorhome? On this website, it refers to a bus or motorhome that has a length greater than 40', up to 45'.
45' Buses & Motorhomes

Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #92

you know, everybody like to hate on Cali. I've never seen any of this stuff enforced. You want unfriendly, look at Virginia and the way they tax coaches by county, and all the restrictions in their gated communities. Or NC, where it's a house. in cali, it's just a used car, which is why I kept my cali license when I did my three years in NC.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #93
PKI

States unfriendly to RVs = none

Got to get a move on, a site just opened up.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #94

I was a Walmart manager in Las Vegas where city and county ordinances prohibit “dry camping”. We, as management, found 99.9% of the RV folks to be courteous, respectful of where they parked (i.e., in remote areas of the lot) and welcomed the business. I did send an assistant out to warn people that the local government, or our property owner, did not allow overnight parking but in my opinion they were just another shopper but in a much larger “car”. If the property security or law enforcement told them to move it was because of the code.

Had one location where we did warn people to not spend more than an hour as the property owner, NOT Walmart, would tow vehicles. If a tow truck was called, and had backed up to the RV, they were entitled to a “connect fee” (that’s what the tow truck driver called it) and you had to pay it or get towed. Tow truck driver claimed that was $150. Seemed a bit unreasonable to me but not my law/ordinance/rule. We just didn’t want folks blaming us for something we had no control over.
Mrb1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:16 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1ll View Post
I was a Walmart manager in Las Vegas where city and county ordinances prohibit “dry camping”. We, as management, found 99.9% of the RV folks to be courteous, respectful of where they parked (i.e., in remote areas of the lot) and welcomed the business. I did send an assistant out to warn people that the local government, or our property owner, did not allow overnight parking but in my opinion they were just another shopper but in a much larger “car”. If the property security or law enforcement told them to move it was because of the code.

Had one location where we did warn people to not spend more than an hour as the property owner, NOT Walmart, would tow vehicles. If a tow truck was called, and had backed up to the RV, they were entitled to a “connect fee” (that’s what the tow truck driver called it) and you had to pay it or get towed. Tow truck driver claimed that was $150. Seemed a bit unreasonable to me but not my law/ordinance/rule. We just didn’t want folks blaming us for something we had no control over.
Wow, it sounds like the property owner's business model was to have two income streams for the same piece of property. Rental to Walmart, and kickbacks from the towing company. 60 minutes isn't much time for many people, especially if grocery shopping and perhaps clothes shopping, or maybe having work being done on a toad in the service area. If not well posted, or unless the local police are in on the take, I don't see how they could hold your vehicle for ransom for staying more than 60 minutes. Heck, I've been guilty of shopping, grabbing a Sandwich at Subway Walmart, reading a book, and spending more than 60 minutes parked in the parking lot.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #96

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post
you know, everybody like to hate on Cali. I've never seen any of this stuff enforced. You want unfriendly, look at Virginia and the way they tax coaches by county, and all the restrictions in their gated communities. Or NC, where it's a house. in cali, it's just a used car, which is why I kept my cali license when I did my three years in NC.
Really? I have had a motorhome registered here for over 15 years and have yet to have it referred to as a house insofar as taxes are concerned.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Hawaii has to be the worst.
They don't even have decent highways so you can get there.
Tadum.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:50 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by znt1186 View Post
Really? I have had a motorhome registered here for over 15 years and have yet to have it referred to as a house insofar as taxes are concerned.
I was told it would be treated as a domicile, not a vehicle. Was also advised that if i went to title my trailer, the tax man would come around looking for what I haul in it, and my race car might be subject to property tax since it isn't taxed via a license plate. Might have been bad gouge, but I decided to stay with what I had.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote