Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #1

Which Keurig coffee maker?

We have a big Kuerig coffee maker at home, and would love to get one for the RV. Any recommendations for the best model to bring on the road?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have the B30 Mini Personal Single-Serve Brewing System, Black. Takes up very little space. Works just fine for us. When at home I move it into the house.

TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We like the mini. You have to add water for each cup, BUT, it never has water sitting in it, so when go to leave you just grab it and put it away.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #4

^^^^^What they both said ^^^^^
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #5

We use a big model - coffee is important enough to us that the space it takes is willingly given. We keep a single cup brewer stored as backup.

We store our motorhome for 4-6 months every year. We were having problems with Keurigs not working when we took the motorhome out of storage. After getting two replaced, Keurig finally admitted that, unless the pots are descaled per manual instructions at least once per month, or you use purified water to brew coffee, they will quit working, especially if taken out of daily service for any length of time. Since I refuse to carry demineralized water just for coffee, we descale once a month. Have not had an issue for three years now.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting, never have used anything but tap water. We descale our home Keurig every six months with no problem. The mini has never been descaled and lives in the motorhome while it is storage for the winter. We run three or four plain water through the cycle and she's good to go.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #7

We have had the large unit at home for years and enjoy it. Just got the mini for the MH and while it doesn't offer quite the ease-of-use as the home unit, it does brew a fine cup of Joe and stores very well.

cheers,
Joopy
Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We use the larger unit at home and in the MH. Makes it easier when you have guest and want to make four or five cups in a row.

By the way what do you use to descale vinegar and just run it through? Never done ours, works fine so far.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #9

We still use the pods.....but it's getting harder and harder to get them, so I guess we will get a kerig. The mini sounds like something that won't take up a lot of space....someone mentioned it doesn't store water?...
Old 08-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
We like the mini. You have to add water for each cup, BUT, it never has water sitting in it, so when go to leave you just grab it and put it away.
We also use the mini in the MH. The Mrs 'subscribes' to the Kuerig site and orders directly from them. When she ordered the mini she had enough points that it only cost us $49 AND they threw in a box of the coffee cups.

It's funny because when we first bought the larger Kuering at home I would order cups from Amazon because they were less expensive, when she took over the ordering I thought she was getting them from Amazon as well. It was a nice surprise.

I would definately get the mini for the MH. We put a little of the rubber stuff underneath and it stays put on the counter regardless of how bad/fast we drive.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #11

Quote:
By the way what do you use to descale vinegar and just run it through? Never done ours, works fine so far.
For the large model, you fill water tank 3/4 full (one half gallon??) white vinegar. Run a cup or two to fill internal reservoir, and then after sitting couple hours, run vinegar through a cup at a time. Then refill reservoir with water and make hot water until rinsed.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Our large Kerig seems to build up a white substance in the water reservoir very quickly. Do you clean it with vinegar also? It seems you can clean it daily.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Vinegar it is , thanks.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theluckys View Post
We also use the mini in the MH. The Mrs 'subscribes' to the Kuerig site and orders directly from them. When she ordered the mini she had enough points that it only cost us $49 AND they threw in a box of the coffee cups.
I too have the larger Keurig and we absolutely love it. I have been checking out the mini for our TT and found Walmart to be the best price at $99. I have a ton of Keurig points and didn't know what to do with them. Just looked on line and I have more than enough points to buy for $49. Thanks for the tip. The mini just moved up on my wish list.