Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
CoachNet for me !

RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #16

Thanks for the advice. Looks like coach-net for me.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Why would I buy coach-net or Good SAMs when I have towing and roadside asst with my Progressive ins? Am I missing something?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know that I would trust Progressive especialy with service problems of a Motorhome. They've already led me astray on a windshield replacement which ended up causing some further damage to my coach.
I like CoachNet and so far they've not left me down, they know how to deal with MH's
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #19

Because you can call Coach-Net and they will take care of everything. Do you have an 800 number you can reach your ins agent at 24/7? I didn't think so. Also, Coach-Net covers anything you or your spouse drives, even if it is borrowed, all for one price.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Why would I buy coach-net or Good SAMs when I have towing and roadside asst with my Progressive ins? Am I missing something?
Check the specifics. I was told by someone with Progressive that there were some severe limitations on how far his vehicle would be towed (15 miles I think he said). Since he was over 50 miles from the nearest facility his portion was a pretty hefty amount. If this is good information then that might be why. We have had Coach Net for years and have been very happy the few times we have used them.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #21

I don't know about progressive, but many are you pay up front and they send you a check when they feel like it.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat938g View Post
I dont know if im on the right thread but we would like to know which roadside assistance to get. We now have it through our all together
insurance agent. I know there must be a thread to look at but havent
found it Thanks in advance.
My only experience has been Good Sam. I had a problrm 10-2011 in Va. Yes they tried to help, but it took 3 attemps and many phone calls. I was not overly impressed, but others have had better experiences. There is no perfect solution. Good Sam is $109. per year, I assume it is competitive.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #23

Another vote for CoachNet here.

I've had them for over 4 years now, and have used them 4 times. Each time the experience gets a little better... a little easier.

In my case, the services they have provided, has more than paid for the cost of coverage.

Just keep in mind, CoachNet is only as good as the independent towing companies, in their network, IN THE LOCATION WHERE YOU BREAK DOWN! That means that sometimes the service will be awesome, sometimes... well... not so good. If you are close to a major city, chances are you'll get pretty good service and get it quickly. If you're in the sticks, you may have to wait a while before CoachNet can get someone to you. In either event, CoachNet has always done everything in their power to get me taken care of.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We carry RV Roadhelp. Can't rate the service as we have never used it for the MH or autos. (knock on wood LOL)
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Z View Post
We carry RV Roadhelp. Can't rate the service as we have never used it for the MH or autos. (knock on wood LOL)
Is this through Allstate/KOA? We have this, too. A very good friend highly recommended it as she has had it for many years with excellent roadside response for her motorhome. (We also got a year of free Coach-Net with the purchase of our coach, which I didn't even know until I saw it on the brochure after the purchase. Duh.)

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Is this through Allstate/KOA? We have this, too. A very good friend highly recommended it as she has had it for many years with excellent roadside response for her motorhome. (We also got a year of free Coach-Net with the purchase of our coach, which I didn't even know until I saw it on the brochure after the purchase. Duh.)
Yes SarahW, ours is thru Allstate/KOA also
George Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have had Allstate RV Road Help since 1994.
Every time they have been needed they have done a good job.

Even the one time they didn't have a provider in the area. They did find and get someone to come, that I had to pay. But they reimbursed me for the all amount I paid.

And sometimes I do use the KOA 10% discount that comes with it at no extra charge.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #28

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Smokyjoe
We have progressive and have used them 3 times over the last 10 years. They paid all our cost and were quick to respond. They even called every 15 min. to make sure we were okay and that the service truck arrived with-in 1 hour. They have never raised our rates. We are very happy with progressive.

36' Diesel
Smokyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote