Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn

How can they live within the system? From what I can find on the internet, they only have 80 resorts in the US, it is a max of 14 days in a camp, then 7 days out ... and if you spend 4 days or more at a camp then you hit the 7 day lockout. After 30 days of use, it is an additional $3/day charge. About the only way I can see living within the system is moving from camp to camp every 3 days. Am I missing something?
Hi! My wife and I are full timer. We belong to several resorts org. We're plat/Thousand Trails, RPI, ROD, PA, and a few others. We can stay 3 wks at most TT's. No weeks out. We book TT for the whole winters in So. Texas, for special rates through TT/Encore for under $300./mo. We use TT for primary use since we pay a once a years fee, then fill in with ROD, another once a year fee. Then RPI at $10. Ea. PA only for something quick, over night. We've been doing this for 5+ years. We've also tried some campground host.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn

How can they live within the system? From what I can find on the internet, they only have 80 resorts in the US, it is a max of 14 days in a camp, then 7 days out ... and if you spend 4 days or more at a camp then you hit the 7 day lockout. After 30 days of use, it is an additional $3/day charge. About the only way I can see living within the system is moving from camp to camp every 3 days. Am I missing something?
We've also found that a lot of times you am not be able to book in on one of you memberships,but if you try a different membership at the same park they might take it. Most parks accept several types of memberships.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocletti

Hi! My wife and I are full timer. We belong to several resorts org. We're plat/Thousand Trails, RPI, ROD, PA, and a few others. We can stay 3 wks at most TT's. No weeks out. We book TT for the whole winters in So. Texas, for special rates through TT/Encore for under $300./mo. We use TT for primary use since we pay a once a years fee, then fill in with ROD, another once a year fee. Then RPI at $10. Ea. PA only for something quick, over night. We've been doing this for 5+ years. We've also tried some campground host.
We've been with TT for 6 years, and have recently ran into something. The last time I Upped my TT membership I raised it to Platinum. I picked up OW. They didn't offer Mid Atlantic. Recently I tried to book Bear Cave in Mi. I couldn't because I didn't have Mid Atlantic in my package, unless I paid. So I tried to book that park with my RPI. RPI said they had an agreement with TT, that if I was a TT member, RPI was not suppose to book me in either. I wound up transferring my TT sponsored RPI membership to another Souther Trails membership I maintain. Same as my ROD.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Being very new to the world of RVing I only learned about these discounts this evening while reading this thread. It seems like a lot of folks liked the 50% savings that Passport America offered. Sounded good to me too so I Googled them, got their phone #, and inquired how much they charge. He said it was $45.00 and shipping was $5.00. I told him I would think about joining after talking it over with my wife. Then I went to the Passport America site and looked to see what was available for me here in the New England states. I had been interested in staying in Southern Vermont so I clicked on the Hidden Acre's Campground, got the phone # and placed a call there to see how they treated PA members. I spoke with Charlene ( very nice ) and asked if there were sights available. She said there was. She said if there wasn't they would hold me over until the next day until there was. I kind of liked that. She said that some CG's have restrictions but she didn't! The discount's applied 7 days a week. They had the hookups that I needed and the proximity to the area that we wanted to explore.
Lastly I went to the RV Review site and saw what the reviews were for her site. They were very positive. I was beginning to like this PA discount service. And did I mention that the aforementioned site was only $21.00? I then did a similar check near the Bangor, Maine area. The fellow was very nice. There were a few restrictions there but nothing I found objectionable. He also pointed out to me that if I was a AAA member I would get 10% off! Heck! That was enlightening!
So, as others have said, in just a couple of stays the membership pays for itself. I do believe that we will be applying for the Passport America discount.
I just want to say that we have never been to any campground other than one time a few weeks ago in our TT so as you can see, I am in really no position to condone any discount services because I've never used them as of yet! But I aim to find out!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #33

Sounds like you did everything perfectly. PPA also has a Smart Phone app that you can use while away from the computer and RVParkreviews.com has a mobile site you can bookmark in your Smart Phone. You can do all of this on your way to the area and select your campground on the fly. We never really decided what area we are going to stay until the afternoon. A rigid schedule leads to missing a whole lot of interesting stuff along the way. Wal-Mart has a 100% discount club that you may want investigate also.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Richards View Post
Sounds like you did everything perfectly. PPA also has a Smart Phone app that you can use while away from the computer and RVParkreviews.com has a mobile site you can bookmark in your Smart Phone. You can do all of this on your way to the area and select your campground on the fly. We never really decided what area we are going to stay until the afternoon. A rigid schedule leads to missing a whole lot of interesting stuff along the way. Wal-Mart has a 100% discount club that you may want investigate also.
Thanks Lindsay. I just now got the PPA App but was unable to find the mobile app for RVParkreviews in my App Store.
Yeah, I am getting well versed in the tremendous discounts offerd for WalMart RVer's by WalMart! It will be a rite of passage for me to proclaim that I too have stayed over nite at WalMart!! One for the bucket list!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #35

They don't have a Smart Phone app, but have mobile phone site. Put RV Park Reviews into your phone browser and bookmark it for later use. (You have to have a data plan) It says Iphone, but I have an Android and it works fine. You haven't stayed at Wal-Mart until you have taken a shower in their lot and not been able to even draw a crowd.

Whoops, it automatically made it into a workable link. Click on the link and the URL will be there for you to transfer to your phone.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
They don't have a Smart Phone app, but have mobile phone site. Put RV Park Reviews into your phone browser and bookmark it for later use. (You have to have a data plan) It says Iphone, but I have an Android and it works fine. You haven't stayed at Wal-Mart until you have taken a shower in their lot and not been able to even draw a crowd.

Whoops, it automatically made it into a workable link. Click on the link and the URL will be there for you to transfer to your phone.
I couldn't get RV Park Reviews but I was able to get RV Parks through my Apple Store. It had a good rating so I should be good to go.
Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #37

RV Park Reviews is the best one out there with tens of thousands of reviews. If you have a data plan, put that URL in your browser. Like I said, it isn't an app, but a website. Works well.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
RV Park Reviews is the best one out there with tens of thousands of reviews. If you have a data plan, put that URL in your browser. Like I said, it isn't an app, but a website. Works well.
Got it! You're right, it is the best. The one I got from the Apple Store by comparison, isn't as good. I have bookmarked it in my phone.
I have all these cool RV apps of late, IRV2, IExit, GasBuddy, RVParkreviews & Passport America, now I just need to get some time off from work and take off with my wife, anywhere, anyplace! Just to try them out!
I have made it a habit of reading this forum daily and all that does is psych me up to hit the road!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #39

Allstays Camp & RV is also a great app. It is the only paid app on my phone ($3.99 one time pay I believe) and is the number one usage app on my phone when we go camping. A free one which is nice also is Spirit Level. Lay it on a flat surface and it has a round and horizontal bubble level which tell you if your coach is level. If it is not level, you can lift an edge of the phone to determine which jack to increase. This forum also has a free app also.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Allstays Camp & RV is also a great app. It is the only paid app on my phone ($3.99 one time pay I believe) and is the number one usage app on my phone when we go camping. A free one which is nice also is Spirit Level. Lay it on a flat surface and it has a round and horizontal bubble level which tell you if your coach is level. If it is not level, you can lift an edge of the phone to determine which jack to increase. This forum also has a free app also.
Looks like I'll have to get those apps too. Curiously, if you use Allstays as your primary "go to" app, I'm imagining that it is a lot better than the other ones. Is it? How so.
You mention that Spirit Level will help level your MH. When we had to purchase some leveling blocks to drive over on the low side of the trailer so that it would be level and the refrigerator would work properly. You make mention of leveling your MH with jacks? You don't ride over those leveling blocks on the low side of your rig to level the MH? Do I need jacks also, stored in the basement of our MH for leveling purposes? I'm confused. I just thought we would level it the way we did the TT. I am really uninitiated in these matters.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #41

Many Class A's have hydrolic jacks that you operate from inside the coach. They are located at the 4 corners of the coach frame. The newer ones also have a level built into them and are automatic. Lots of TT's have manual jacks that folks turn up and down with a cordless drill. You can use the bubble level to determine when you are level. Your fridge need to be fairly level to prevent damage. It uses the evaporating system and needs to be level.

Allstays is wonderful and many folks use it. For $3.99 for life time, give it a try.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #42

EDALLSAILS: What is RPI and how does that work?

Tags
camping