Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We loved our FIRST TT: a 75 TERRY 23 1/2 ft, bathtub
but the Towvehicle was not good enough, even that the FORD Dealer told us it would tow the TT easy. So it was traded in and we took the CONCORD Motorhome from the 76 LA RV show home (The Dealer in Red Deer, AB took it home) and we got it.
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #16

Well, I guess I can respond to my own post.
Like many of you, I have camped in a tent, in the pick up with a topper, a bumper bull camper, a class C and now, my second class A.
I have had a great time camping with my wife (EX), girl friend #1 and my present girl friend #2. Those lucky girls!! ha ha No, they all were/are involved with me one at a time. One divorce and one death before I found Jan.
I really enjoyed my first class A. I even enjoy more my present class A. It has more room and a few more features than the previous one. I pretty well feel at home camping in it and it always faithfully tows the suv.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
My 38.5 Alpine is without the best I have ever owned!!
jdarling10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #18

We went straight from a tent to our current motorhome. Along the way we rented a class C and a different brand class A just to make sure the dogs would like it. In 2001 we purchased our current (and so far only) motorhome. Over the years we've manage to put on almost 100,000 miles of fun and enjoyment.

We looked around last year and again this model year for a replacement. So far nothing out there appeals to us. Either they have floor plans we don't care for, or by the time they have all the features we want they're too big to go where we want to go. For now I guess we'll stick with what we've got. Everything still works well and it's great to drive. I'm sure in time we'll find just what we're looking for. Who knows, by that time we may have 200,000 miles on it
Old 03-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
current for sure.but my 68 chevy with a cap on the back and 2$ over flow camping at old orchard state park oscoda MI.was a lot younger than but the dollar went farther & not so many park rules.
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Enjoyed them all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper4.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	18713  
Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
30 years ago we had a 1974 Terry 23 1/2' TT by Fleetwood. Back then we loved it and it served the purpose as the weekend and vacation family get away. Today we live in what we've begun to refer to as the "Hotel Monterey" and it is our baby and means to a great retirement.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #22

So far our current one, which is our second class A. We started with a Toyota Mini Camper motorhome but we found it to be cramped after awhile when trying to share it with a small dog. However, it was a joy to drive.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #23

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I agree with Rooster..We absolutely love our Revolution!!! We gradually grew from smaller gas class c's to gas class a's, but I must say that now that I have diesel pusher, I will never go back. I feel confident driving the 400 hp diesel and love the 4 slides. OK..OK...I am very spoiled, but heck....I am worth it...LOL!!! I drive it, I set-it-up and break it down and I want to be comfortable when we are parked. And I always get a chuckle when we pull into a campground and the owner or attendant sees me driving and parking it....

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
My first was an 8 1/2' truck camper, with an ice box and hand pump for water, and a portapotty in the closet. then 11 1/2' truck camper with 3 way refrig and hot and colsd running water and a shower and toilet, quite a move up. next was a 26' class A, 73 Concord. This was followed by an 88 28' Southwind. Got tired of being pushed all over the road by the air, so traded in on a 97 29' Alfa Ideal 5er with 2 slides pulled with a diesel dually, and was never more comfortable driving. Now have a 2 slide '07 Alfa Gold 30' 5er and it is by far my favorite. each had good times, but the advances from the late 60's is out of this world.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
The Class A we have now is our most favorite, 2 slides, love the room it offers. Had a 22' Itasca Spirit Class B, no slides, too much togetherness..lol Also have a 35' Jayco Eagle Resort TT with 1 slide, really like the floor plan and room. The Jayco is used for seasonal camping from May-Oct. use it alot. The MH is for weekend trips, until we become fulltimers one day in the future.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My DW and I sent a lot of years on the water, and we are in love with are class A , it means we can get a good nights rest without having to strap you self in.
toadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #27

We have had a tent, wife did not like, pop up, 2 fifth wheels, 2 class A, 1 class C HD and a TT. We enjoyed the Jayco Senaca Class C HD, it handled like a pick up, very enjoyable to drive and camp. We now have a 2012 Jayco 31' White Hawk. Promised my wife this is the last one!!!!!!! Much less stress in retirement. Nice to have the bunk room for the 2 grandsons. I love the outside kitchen.

James
Jymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #28
r-v

Growing up Parents had 2 Pickup Truck Camper, a Coachman 21 ft Class C, Itasca Class A, a Holiday Rambler Class A and current have a Holiday Rambler 5er. But I like my Class C with no Slides. Because it is MINE.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein
r-v is offline   Reply With Quote