Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #29
We are in our 2nd. First was a 25' rockwood roo hybrid. Towed it with a v8 explorer. After a couple of summers of white knuckle driving and wanting more room (2 kids), upgraded to a 30' fifth wheel and a f350 dually with a v10 gasser. I grew up tent camping in the Sierra nevada's. Good times but you tend to lose the women after awhile. With 2 daughters, we all love camping and we love our Sunnybrook bh! I love the truck lol. It's like night and day.

Kunysz513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
Definitly our current one. But then again, it is kind of what we had at a certain time in our life. We have enjoyed them all from a tent, to a fold out, to a slide in pick-up camper, pull behind, then the 5th wheel and now the motor home. This will probably be our last one, but then again, one never knows what the future may hold.

R & E
No RV at the moment
OSP1268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #31
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We love our 35' Adventurer and it is our only one. I guess we are satisfied living the simple life if you can call it that. 2 slides, rear Queen BR, all in one bathroom, oodles of closet space and storage,room for 2 grand- daughters, basement air and heatpump and gas mileage is comparable to others. Life is good. I guess we'll keep her till the cows come home.

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today
Steve & Cheryl w/3rd Crewmember Peanut, Our Deerhead Chiuaua
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U F53, V10 Gasser,Safe T Plus
2004 Wrangler Toad via Stowmaster 5000, BrakeBuddy Classic
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
I've owned almost every type of RV on the Planet, beginning with a small pop-up, then a box trailer, followed by a Class A, then a Class C, then a Lance slide-in camper, a 5-iver, then another Lance slide-in and a small Class C. We currently have the small Class C and a Lance camper. All were enjoyable at the time and all have their place, depending on what you want as a travel/camping experience. Overall, we have enjoyed the Lance slide-in campers the most and have logged more miles in them than all the others combined. To us, there is no other RV made which has the versitility of a slide-in. Today, they come with up to three slide-ins. Our present Lance has one. To us, the journey is as enjoyable as the destination, perhaps more so. We can travel down the back roads, enjoy the scenery and the 14 mpg, and if the wife spots a roadside vegetable stand we can stop on a dime, pull off almost anywhere and enjoy. We love to utilize National Forest Service campsites and can set up home in a matter of minutes, enjoy our satellite TV, have AC if required, roll out the awning, sit outside and enjoy nature, take a hot shower, microwave dinner or burn meat on the grill. Lance has been our home away from home from Newfoundland to Alaska and most places in between. If we want to stay in one place for a few days and do tourist things, no problem. Get out the remote control, jack the camper off the bed of the truck, lower the camper back down and bingo, we have our toad! Sure we sacrifice space but not comfort. Our bed in the camper is a full, home-sized queed bed, not one of those RV cut downs. We even have a large sky lite over the bed to watch the stars at night. All-in-all, the slide-in pick-up camper has been our most enjoyable RV. But, to each their own, we all dance to different drummers.
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #33
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too have had everything from a slide-in to a pop-up, tt and class C,A...

But my favorite was a cutom silverton 45ft flybridge with a 16ft beem and 2 state rooms. But burning 28 gallons an hour was bleeding me dry.

We now love our land yacht. Will go to a DP when we retire.
2010 Damon Daybreak 3204 Sport, bunkhouse with Jeep Wrangler toad.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #34
although we love our 36' class A i believe our favorite was our first 16' TT. the children were young and to see the enjoyment and excitement on their faces can never be duplicated. we took many feet of old 8 mm film which i had put on DVD and we still enjoy reliving those growing years. the grandkids love seeing their parents when they were their age
boweavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #35
Monaco Owners Club
Out of 5 rv's my 2007 Diplomat 40 PDQis the best for us. We purchased it new and it has been very solid and reliable.
Del & Lori & Millie, (our miniature Aussie) 2007 Diplomat 40PDQ - 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, US Gear Unified Tow Brake.
hardy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #36
I equate enjoy with fun and that would mean we liked our small 1978 Coleman Pop up the best. My kids were small, I could hear the streams at night through the canvas sides and I got to know what my kids thought was funny. I loved getting up off the ground and did not mind walking to the outhouse in the morning. Times have changed. I now have a class A gasser. I don't have to walk to the outhouse and we have our own shower. I push a button to level the unit and don't have to kneel in the mud for anything. And best of all I have A/C and don't have to listen to what goes bump in the night. But convenience is not the same thing as fun.
Denis, Ruth and Gracie
the K-9 Dashboard Ornament
2007 Newmar Baystar 3202
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #37
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We really like our Allegro with the 2 slides and the WH chassis with the 8.1 and Allison has been a great combo but our first RV was a Jayco pop-up with AC when the kids were small and it is hard to rule it out as the most fun, we pulled it over 10,000 miles showing the kids many different National Parks and having many great times along the way.
2007 Allegro 34WA
Unified Tow Brake, Ultra Trac Rear Track Bar,PI/EMS-HW50C
2006 Saturn Vue
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're now on RV number four, but the first one still holds the honor of being my favorite. The Toyato Dolphin constituted more of an adventure than an organized spare home and that's considering that DW and I lived in it for three years when I got stationed down in Phoenix for the last three years of my AF career so we could hold onto our home here in Vegas. We bought it new in '88 and used it for 18 years. Major repairs were replacement of the water heater, cabin A/C and a carb on the generator. There's times when I wish I still had it for short weekend trips.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers (Sandy & Sassy)
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF, Retired, Life Member: VSPA, DVA, VVA, VFW
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #39
Fleetwood Owners Club
We started with our first "bridal shower" for us both and camping was the theme. (16 tears ago) At was where we got our tent, stove and such. Great to have a wife that loves to camp.

After that we had a Mazda b2000; slept off of the ground.

Kids came along and we were back to a tent for awhile. Bought a used apache hard-sided popup. Great, light rig. We're now on to a 2001 jamboree 25' with a rear corner bed. With a boy and girl, it's important to have 3 different sleeping areas and this fits the bill.

Like others, each I have liked for different stages of life and different reasons. I expect after the kids are gone we will graduate to a class A with a rear bed, but for now I sure like being under 26 feet for all the places we can get into.
History: '08 View, '05 Chinook, '01 Jamboree 24D, '78 Apache Popup, 81 Komfort Tlr,
84 Mazda B2000 'w canopy,
Tent from wedding shower in '96
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #40
Monaco Owners Club
Our first was a mini truck camper that was on the back of a 1986 nissan 4x4 had some great times in that one,from that we upgraded to a 1989 34' Fleetwood Bounder gasser great rig. Then we traded in for a 94 24' Brave wasn't crazy about that rig just to small for us. Traded the Brave for a 1998 30' Adventurer kept the Adventurer for three years and traded for our first D.P. which was a 2001 Journey a lot of problems with the Journey from tire blow outs to electrical and AC problems needless to say the Journey was not our favorite becuse of all the problems. We traded the Journey for a 2006 39' Fleetwood Providence D.P. great coach kept this coach the longest(so far) 6 years (was a 2006 model bought in 2005) finally in July of 2011 traded in the Providence for our 2011 40' Monaco D.P. she is a beauty we like her a lot DW says its our last. We'll see.
Tony, Nancy & Abby the pooch 2011 40'Monaco Knight PDQ Maxxforce 10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #41
Fleetwood Owners Club
My wife and I have owned 4 RVs. Each new one had features we wanted. so, of course, we like the current one the most.

However, before getting married, I owned a 1959 Volkswagen camper. I was a hippie and I traveled the country. Top speed was 55 mph, until I changed the engine. Then my speed was 62mph (until I went up a hill). I wasn't a mechanic, but I did the engine swap in 4 hours. I really liked that feature. I was certain that I had the RV I would live in forever.
Tile Man
Tileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #42
Monaco Owners Club
My first "RV" was a three man Coleman nylon tent and a couple of sleeping bags strapped to the back of a '75 Kawasaki. Used that equipment for several years. Eventually upgraded the wheels to a Dodge D50 pick up. Still have the tent and bags.

Got up off the ground with B&F Bunkhouse pop up. Pulled it behind both a couple of Kawasakis and our Subaru Forrester. It was a nice rig pulled nice and straight, folded out to give up about 100 sq ft including a king sized bed. And had good storage.

Recently went with an R-Vision Onyx 25RB and a 1/2 ton Ram to pull it. Hard sides, heat and AC, bath and a built in kitchen...woot!

But, the most memorable was the first bike and tent. Ah...to be 20 something again.

John Price
2016 Denali 289RK w/a Hensley Arrow Hitch
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummings
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote