Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Earlier this year I requested a PDF of all my wiring diagrams from Monaco. The advantage of this as you can zoom and search easier and use the find function to locate specific items. I have the full house diagrams and the along with the chassis diagrams. If you have a specific question you can send a request in here & they will answer, usually within 24 hours.

Contact Monaco Coach

Attached is a screen shot of the electrical compartment where the relay is located. You can trace the 2 large red wires to the battery posts, the white wire to ground, the black wire to the battery maintainer, and then 4th purple wire goes off screen probably to the battery boost switch.

Hope this helps.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2015, 09:07 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Here's the detail on the wiring bay in the electrical component
Old 11-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #17

black wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Can you trace the brown/black wire to it's origin, my black wire comes goes to the battery maintainer. See attachment, it is the #3 item.
Thanks
I can not find anything that looks like a battery maintainer, my coach is older, nothing anyone is trying to help with seems to be like mine, it only weights 22800 loaded 38ft. 60 water tank, 70 fuel, 275 cu, 11 mi. to gal.
I am going to shop soon thanks again
slowdown
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #18
YC1

Does the solenoid work with that wire off?

Is the solenoid mounted on metal?

Have you put a voltmeter or test light on the loose wire?

Take a picture and use the smallest resolution you can get the camera to work on. Place the picture onto your computer desktop or in some file you can easily find it.

Select the "go advanced" box just below the message box. Then find the paperclip icon to the right of the white smiley face. Click that and a box will come up where you can then attach the photo. If you still have issues and know how to e-mail pictures I would be glad to upload it for you.

A picture is going to help so much.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #19

Thanks for trying to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Does the solenoid work with that wire off?

Take a picture and use the smallest resolution you can get the camera to work on. Place the picture onto your computer desktop or in some file you can easily find it.

Select the "go advanced" box just below the message box. Then find the paperclip icon to the right of the white smiley face. Click that and a box will come up where you can then attach the photo. If you still have issues and know how to e-mail pictures I would be glad to upload it for you.

A picture is going to help so much.

not mounted on metal

yes seems to be dead tried on small post and large with no action and yes I have voltmeter

hope you get picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1127boxbattery0012.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	112931   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1127boxbattery0013.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	112932  

Old 11-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #20
YC1

Measure the voltage on each of the large terminals. All four need to be measured. Since you already tested the loose wire it just might be the emergency start control. If you don't have an extra pair of hands just stuff a rag behind that wire so it cannot short out and then go to the drivers seat. Turn the key to the run position but do not start the vehicle. Prop your emergency start button so it is on.

Now measure that wire to see if voltage is there. If so, we are getting close to putting it back.

When measuring the small terminals IF you see 12 volts on one terminal and 0 on the other it should be active. I can throw lots of ifs and such but don't want to muddy the picture. One bite at a time will get you there safely.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
What wires do you have on the small posts? Can you take a pic of the top because it doesn't look right. That blue wire looks to go on that large terminal. One side of the relay large wire will be hot and when you throw the switch it will put power on one of the small post. You should be able to put an ohm meter on one of the small terminal lug wire and the other to frame ground and find the ground wire. But need pictures of the top of relay.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #22

Hi small post in front has 2 white wires, and back small post has a brown wire, loose wire looks to be black, left big post is coach batteries', right big post is chassis batteries thanks I will go check more in morning.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #23

[QUOTE=YC1;2841754]Does the solenoid work with that wire off?

A picture is going to help so much.[/Q

solenoid works without wire
voltmeter with dc power both big wires 12.08
with e switch held down on dash and loose wire .35
front small wire 0
on shore power both big wires 14.2
back small 13.02
front small .03
loose wire 0
thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1127boxbattery0012.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	112985   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1127boxbattery0013.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	112986  

Old 11-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok is that relay n.o normally open or n.c normally closed. If it is n.o you should have voltage on one large red wire. On the 2 small wire white and brown should have no volts. In the fail position the two large one should have volts only on one side. To check the relay just take a 9 volt radio battery and clip it to the small terminal. It will pull the relay. Take one end off the small ones and see if it clicks and opens the relay. You need to find out if the relay is doing what it is supposed to do. Now on some relays the have a diode across the two small wires is is so you get a positive latch and no feed back.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
If this is the relay that ties the 2 battery banks together (Chassis & Coach), there will be 12 volts on both large wires as they are coming from the battery banks.

When you press the boost button on the dash it closes the relay tying both banks together.

On my coach there is a white wire for ground and a purple wire that comes from the front switch.

The other wire I have is a black wire coming from the battery maintainer but you don't necessary have to have that.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have studied the wire coming out of the loom and it appears more blue than black when I enlarge the pic 10 times. It could be going back to a remote switch. Wish I could be of more help.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:18 PM   #27

Hi Jim J
Yes to two batteries together and yes 12 v on each, but 2 white wires on front small post and brown on back small post, purple or black wire loose that will fit large post can not find a battery maintainer that I know what it is
Thanks slowdown
Old 11-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #28
YC1

OK, great report. You have it nailed. With shoreline off your batteries are low but that is beside the point and has no bearing on the issue.

Your solenoid is getting energized when on shoreline. That is proven by having the same voltage on each of the large terminals and having 12 volts on one of the smaller terminals and close to zero on the other small terminal.

The small terminals control the Normally Open solenoid.

The loose Violet wire is a common color for Monaco and used to turn the solenoid into the emergency start solenoid. That is to say I believe it should have voltage on it when you push the button up front that is supposed to combine the battery banks.

This wire would go on the small terminal that has voltage on it when plugged into shoreline or the generator is running.

It is very possible a fuse was blown sometime so I would now be trying to check that out. Look in the large panel below the drivers side. I will try to get you close but mine is probably a bit different.

Tags
solenoid