Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #43
YC1
Senior Member
 
YC1's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,565
I know this diagram is for later models but the theory is the same. You can find the violet wire going to the aux start solenoid.

There is a simple device called a fox and hound that can be used to trace the wire to the source. You put a tone on the violet wire and with the sniffer you locate the path.

You may find someone here that has your model by doing a search using the word BIRD. This is a common term for the solenoid and its use. Bi Directional Relay Delay. Put BIRD in the little box above where it says powered by google. You will be reading for a few hours.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AUXILIARY START.pdf (67.8 KB, 12 views)
__________________

__________________
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #44
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Ok, I believe you have enough information now. It is time to chase down the violet wire/purple/ which is the aux start control wire. Information such as running down the batteries and jumping the posts and having had a tech tell you to replace the solenoid is helpful.

Can you now take some pictures of your fuse panels. I would like to see what is up front below the driver.

As strange as this sounds, is your power switch on that controls your inside lights? Probably near the entry area. It is often called the salesman switch. IF that is off or your interior lights are not working it could effect the path of the voltage for the Aux start button. Recheck the violet wire if that switch is off.

If you have any other issues please share those because they may be important clues.
I love trying, just found out I will be in hospital for the next 2 days with father in law so won't be here, I checked all fuses in fuse box under drivers seat with check light and all light up, power switch I have 2 one on coach and one on chassis batteries located in battery box, all lights work as does everything else, I did not check violet wire with power switch turned off, some time back my alternator stop working and replaced it, this I am not sure but when we got home the last time wife said looked like batteries were low no time to check up until now alternator does charge coach batteries after chassis batteries are charged I think. I will take pictures when I get back Thanks a lot slowdown Don and Barb
__________________

__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
NHRA225's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,654
First things first !


Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Chuck
Brownsburg Indiana
1992 American Eagle-8.3C-450hp
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #46
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
I'm back with fuse panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Ok, I believe you have enough information now. It is time to chase down the violet wire/purple/ which is the aux start control wire. Information such as running down the batteries and jumping the posts and having had a tech tell you to replace the solenoid is helpful.

Can you now take some pictures of your fuse panels. I would like to see what is up front below the driver.

As strange as this sounds, is your power switch on that controls your inside lights? Probably near the entry area. It is often called the salesman switch. IF that is off or your interior lights are not working it could effect the path of the voltage for the Aux start button. Recheck the violet wire if that switch is off.

If you have any other issues please share those because they may be important clues.
In fuse panel no 7 fuse 7.5 brown says aux start
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1203boxbattery0015.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	113313   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1203boxbattery0016.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	113314  

__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #47
YC1
Senior Member
 
YC1's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,565
Hopefully someone will jump on here that has the wiring diagram for your coach but we can still muddle through.

Check the voltage on that fuse.

If the voltage is there then look for something that looks like the device shown in the diagram attached. It does not look like it is up front so may be in the battery area. Since your solenoid does seem to be activated it should have some sort of device that is activating it unless someone has made some changes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1453-intellitec-pdf-template-53-01000-000.pdf (745.3 KB, 14 views)
__________________
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #48
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
More searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Hopefully someone will jump on here that has the wiring diagram for your coach but we can still muddle through.

Check the voltage on that fuse.

If the voltage is there then look for something that looks like the device shown in the diagram attached. It does not look like it is up front so may be in the battery area. Since your solenoid does seem to be activated it should have some sort of device that is activating it unless someone has made some changes.
YCI Brown fuse no7 has 13.3 v, Bi directional relay delay is beside the solenoid has 4 posts ignition 0 v yellow wire, coach 13.2 v and could be the purple wire just can't see good, relay coil 12.3 v brown, ground .03 and white, all of this is shore power, hope this sounds good slowdown
__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #49
YC1
Senior Member
 
YC1's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,565
Is is possible to get the number off that device? A picture would sure help too.

Based on the information the device is working but I need more information to sort out the rest of the wiring issue.
__________________
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:54 AM   #50
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
Relay Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Is is possible to get the number off that device? A picture would sure help too.

Based on the information the device is working but I need more information to sort out the rest of the wiring issue.
I do not see a number of anykind
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1205boxbattery0003.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	113423   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_1205boxbattery0005.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	113424  

__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
NHRA225's Avatar
 
American Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,654
Looking at the questionable un-attached Wire from the contoured bend and shape of the harness, the size of the Terminal that it should attach to the large post on the left hand side of the Solenoid--(assuming) that the harness wasn't moved when replacing the Solenoid.
__________________
Chuck
Brownsburg Indiana
1992 American Eagle-8.3C-450hp
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #52
YC1
Senior Member
 
YC1's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,565
I can't see all of the colors on the BIRD. Do you know how to use the ohmeter or continuity tester on your meter? I would like to see if the ring terminal goes to the coach bat connection on the BIRD. That does not add up because the solenoid seemed to be energized in previous posts. Not knowing what some previous owner modified they may have added a module somewhere.

As suggested, the size and position of the wire leads me to think it is a sense wire. No voltage or ground shown on it in previous tests supports that theory.

I would like to know what color wire is on the small terminal closest to the wall.
__________________
Myron & Deborah
08 HR Endeavor 40 SKQ
2012 Ford Edge Limited FWD 3.5L
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:24 AM   #53
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
Hi Chuck W hen I discovered the loose wire it was behind the chassis battery post the one on the right. I thought I was being so ever careful!
__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #54
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I can't see all of the colors on the BIRD. Do you know how to use the ohmeter or continuity tester on your meter? I would like to see if the ring terminal goes to the coach bat connection on the BIRD. That does not add up because the solenoid seemed to be energized in previous posts. Not knowing what some previous owner modified they may have added a module somewhere.

As suggested, the size and position of the wire leads me to think it is a sense wire. No voltage or ground shown on it in previous tests supports that theory.

I would like to know what color wire is on the small terminal closest to the wall.
YCI it is brown Don
__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #55
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I can't see all of the colors on the BIRD. Do you know how to use the ohmeter or continuity tester on your meter? I would like to see if the ring terminal goes to the coach bat connection on the BIRD. That does not add up because the solenoid seemed to be energized in previous posts. Not knowing what some previous owner modified they may have added a module somewhere.

As suggested, the size and position of the wire leads me to think it is a sense wire. No voltage or ground shown on it in previous tests supports that theory.

I would like to know what color wire is on the small terminal closest to the wall.
wires on bird color is back small brown front small 2 white left big post coach batteries right big post chassis batteries
__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #56
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 49
YCI This coach has run perfect for 2 yrs.. Then alternator went out and replaced, then just before I replaced solenoid is when we seen alternator not charging going down road so thought maybe might be connected, already knowing solenoid aux battery switch did not work I asked a rv mec. if aux battery switch would affect anything and he said never know so I decided to replace solenoid, here we are Don
__________________

__________________
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
solenoid



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What does this solenoid do? Fugitive861 iRV2.com General Discussion 7 09-25-2015 08:51 PM
AUX Start solenoid ? monkey MH-General Discussions & Problems 7 09-06-2015 07:58 AM
LP Detector with Solenoid? searchinferu Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 04-10-2015 09:09 PM
Interconnect solenoid picking and dropping g-cando National RV Owner's Forum 3 12-15-2014 08:29 AM
Fuel shut off solenoid drama Ronbstewart Monaco Owner's Forum 10 08-21-2014 09:51 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.