Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #29

Ha-Ha Bob. LOL

When I got broken into last year, it was obvious I was gone. Duh, 33' toy hauler missing from drive way. I looked around the hood and couldn't find a place where the rock could have come from?!?!?!?...

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #30

We have ADT and the neighbors keep watch don't turn water off
we stop paper and if they forget and deliver it the neighbors
pick it up we also turn the gas fireplace off and stop the mail
then we go have fun camping

Old 03-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Dunner, take your show on the road and pull you tools, grinders, welders and any thing else you can throw in a trailer, hook it up to the R.V. and work on RV's for a hobby and make money doing it. I, for one would welcome you, I have a hard time tying my shoes.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Until they come up with a coach than has a 30'x30' 2 car garage with 11' ceilings and a 4 post lift, room for 7 cats, 5 dogs, 2 donkeys, a horse and is powerful enough to tow 2 Jeeps and my wife's Miata I guess I'll have to keep the property.

I can see the allure of going full time but it doesn't really interest me so far. We'll see in a few years.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #33

If I did this full time what would I have to look forward to? I like my log cabin on a fishing pond, 5 miles from the best golf course in this part of the state, multiple bathrooms for those time when both have to go, room for the stuff that is important to us, and enough room to be by myself when I want to. I respect those that can spend their lives on the road, in less than 360 sq feet of space, just not my plan.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #34

Like a lot of you, the wife and I could not full-time. We have been retired for six years and moved to the high desert in Calif to be closer to many of the things we enjoy doing. Like a bunch of the guys here I have too many toys to enjoy and maintain. The wife is into quilting and sewing and has a lot of projects going all the time. We are able to get out a couple of times a month in the MH and have taken extended trips. In a couple of months we will be headed to Alaska. We retired at 60 and 61, so hopefully we can continue this life and lifestyle for quite some time.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabfado View Post
Dunner, take your show on the road and pull you tools, grinders, welders and any thing else you can throw in a trailer, hook it up to the R.V. and work on RV's for a hobby and make money doing it. I, for one would welcome you, I have a hard time tying my shoes.
Quartzite is less than 2 hours from me.

TIG/Arc welder, compressor and one of the mills needs 220.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshan View Post
Until they come up with a coach than has a 30'x30' 2 car garage with 11' ceilings and a 4 post lift, room for 7 cats, 5 dogs, 2 donkeys, a horse and is powerful enough to tow 2 Jeeps and my wife's Miata I guess I'll have to keep the property.

I can see the allure of going full time but it doesn't really interest me so far. We'll see in a few years.
Funny, I'm still laughing.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich and Cork View Post
Like a lot of you, the wife and I could not full-time. We have been retired for six years and moved to the high desert in Calif to be closer to many of the things we enjoy doing. Like a bunch of the guys here I have too many toys to enjoy and maintain. The wife is into quilting and sewing and has a lot of projects going all the time. We are able to get out a couple of times a month in the MH and have taken extended trips. In a couple of months we will be headed to Alaska. We retired at 60 and 61, so hopefully we can continue this life and lifestyle for quite some time.
Best of luck! Safe travels and enjoy Alaska
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshan View Post

Exactly, less the animals anyway. I have a 1200 sq. foot shop at home that isn't large enough, there is no way I could tow a trailer large enough. When we go to the dunes and tow our 26' enclosed trailer. It is loaded with tools and equipment but no where near enough and it is tight in there working when we have to. I will do the minor repairs or tweaking while at the dunes in the trailer but if anything major goes wrong, I load it up and sit back and enjoy the remainder of the trip and worry about fixing whatever it is when I get home to my shop.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #39

I was once in the same position. I worked hard for the toys I had, a small shop to play in, a hot rod , pool, etc. in 2003 we were flooded, it was bad. Spent 6 monthrs living in a hotel & a rental mobile home while putting the house back together. I never was able to afford to really put my shop back together after that. For awhile I was stressed about it, maybe to the point of being depressed. When the economy tanked we ended up loosing the house we spent all that time & money putting back together. We got rid of a ton of stuff & moved to a rental town house. We are so much more happy now with less stress. A couple years ago we bought a little bumper pull camper for 800.00 & have had a blast weekend camping. We now have a 85 pace arrow mh that we haven't had the chance to cp in yet but hope we enjoy it.
My point is, yes, we are enjoying having less, much less, are hoping to start full timing in a few years workamping as we go. Things change, sometimes it's a blessing.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
FT is not for us. When we retired a few years back we built a new home in the boonies of northern Michigan on a lake. We built it on my family property that has been in the family for 110 years. Not something I would be likely to sell unless it got desperate. Probably piss the kids and grandkids off too

Although our all time favorite bumper sticker (which we haven't seen in a long time) is "We're spending our children's inheritance". Always on the back of a big RV.

DW likes the view, the isolation and serenity. I like my 3 car garage and 30x50 pole barn and all our toys (3 boats, 2 4-wheelers, 2 dirt bikes, 2 snowmobiles and 3 Harleys). We're quite content in Mich during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. We stick around for a good month of Snowmobiling, then head for FL for a few months, with 2 Harleys in tow. Some day we may nix the snowmobiles and head for FL in December.

Neighbors watch the house and drive up the driveway when there is snow so it looks like someone is home. I also have signs that say "Beware of Glocks" around the perimeter
clyon51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #41

"This house is protected by Ruger three nights a week. You guess which three"
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #42

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
"This house is protected by Ruger three nights a week. You guess which three"