Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Who has used GS Emergency Assistance Plus ?

No........not Roadside Assistance, but their $109/year Medical assistance/evacuation plan.

Have not seen any posts about anyone actually using this plan. We are in our 70's and DW does not drive the RV. Have a dog also.

This is more of a "ministerial" plan says their contract. FMCA has a plan that seems to pay $$, but does not cover our automobile and you must be more than 100 miles from home.

OK, who has actually used the GS Emergency Assistance Plus plan ? Or, alternatively, has a friend/relative used it and what was the result?

Many thanks......
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Your questions should be directed to the company providing the coverage. Every person's emergency situation is likely to be different. If you have a specific scenario in mind, ask them what they will do and what they will cover, and what you would be responsible for.

Personally, we have had the coverage for the past two years, and, thankfully, never have had to use it.

I attended a presentation by SkyMed last fall, and, in my opinion, they have a better product than the GSEA+, but you pay handsomely for that extra coverage. It all depends on how much you are willing to pay, either in premiums or at time of need.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
CD

When I looked at it, there was a clause in the fine print that said pre existing conditions were not covered. Since I had had double bypass, some stents etc. I decided that would probably be what i would need it for and didn't buy into it. Just check it out & know what you are getting.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We joined last year and did not use the plan. Contract is here and what I see, Expenses Not Covered, is: 3) "Anyone traveling against the advice of a physician, traveling with a chronic or life-threatening condition or traveling for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment".

Also not covered is: 10) "Psychiatric, psychological or emotional disorders"

I wanted to hear from people who used this plan and get an idea if the provider, On Call International, is honest and reasonable.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I bough the coverage 2 years ago, but after finding out that when you are a member, FMCA provides most of the same coverages for free, I did not renew.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am a ''pinch hit driver'' for FMCA. I volunteered for it when I signed up with FMCA. My understanding is that the person asking for help is obligated to pay expenses for my delivery of their coach to their home and the expense of my returning home. I would pull my pick up if I had to drive a coach and I would just pay for my own food because I gotta eat where ever I am and I would figure the person I was helping probably had enough troubles without me bugging them for food costs. I will expect them to pay expenses of transporting the coach... Toles , fuel, oil, stuff like that. I have never been called upon to drive but I would be glad to help anyone needing help if I was available for same. I would also do this for anyone on IRV2 also. (pending my availability) In fact, I think IRV2 should start such a program like this and NO I dont want to be in charge of it...........(gotcha on that....lol...)
Anyhow, FMCA is whom I depend on if I go in the dumper and Willa is stuck in ''Pitch Fork'' Montana or somewhere like that ........ she can drive but its the other things that I would worry about like hooking up the truck and stuff like that .....

Lets all remember the brave men and women in our armed services that can't be home for Christmas........ God bless them and keep them safe please...
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
It probable wouldn't work for a full timer.
As you are always home.
Or maybe not even want to be taken to your mail forwarding address.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
In fact, I think IRV2 should start such a program like this and NO I dont want to be in charge of it...........
Second!

and I vote for seajay
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I wanted to hear from people who used this plan and get an idea if the provider, On Call International, is honest and reasonable.
Here's a website that provides hopefully unbiased information about On Call International.

If you go directly to On Call International's website and request a coverage quote, it is governed by the amount of time you estimate you will be on the road and the price is considerably more than what is being charged through GS. That would indicate to me that there may also be differences in the coverage levels, though I haven't taken the time to compare the plans.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:53 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Note to Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Second!

and I vote for seajay
Enclosed you will find a ''stink bomb e. mail'' to you from me. ........
this stink bomb e mail is to be opened in a private area of you home where the wall paper is already 'brown' and the carpet is pretty well used up...
and NO..... I would not be ''qualified'' to do this 'thingie' you so generously voted for me to do. I can hardly read and my 'spelting' is not gudd....
and besides,,,,,,,,,, I am very busy producing counterfit money in the denominations of 3's and 6'es and have not the time but I would have time to ''JOin'' something if IRV2 would start the thing.
(alll in fun my brother, and I hope you know that).........

It is Christmas eve and my thoughts and prayers go out to our troops in a far away land. We are here safe and warm with our family and they are ''stuck on a rock'' far from home.
God bless our troops and see that they are ALL HOME FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS..............
Nuff said .....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote