Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wave when we're not separated by more than a lane of oncoming traffic. I start waving early and perhaps shame 'em into it. I usually get a wave back more than half of the time.
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Sorry I didn't see you was too busy texting, changing radio and eating. multi-tasks can only do 4 .
eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #17

I wave, especially, if I see them looking at me. Nearly always wave on 2 lane roads, I don't know about the rest, but it makes me feel good. LOL!!
GreaTOne65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I do my best to pull over and let the line of cars pass me, and I appreciate the cars that honk a thank you. I like to be the last one in line..........less stress. deSanford ps I wave about 40% of the time.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #19

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Wave only on two lane roads, where I can see the driver.

fred
X2
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We wave at people all the time. Stopped at a stop light we wave at the ones waiting in the crosswalk. As we go by a bus stop we wave. We wave at people next to us waiting for lights. We wave at people in stores that stare at us. We wave whether we are in the car, RV or on the bike. It amuses us to wave, it usually brings a smile to people especially since both Thom and I right now have green/blue hair.
Mine will be purple again in a few days. Thom is looking to change just the top to fire engine red. The colours amuse us first and a nice byproduct is they also amuse others. We have been flagged going down the highway at 75mph by people to yell to us that they like our hair / car or whatever.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Do I wave or not? Depends.

On the freeway if I'm doing 55 and you 65 and passing me, I have both hands on the wheel, No wave

if you are on the freeway going the other way,, Too far to see a wave

On a 2-lane, no matter which way you are going passing me.. Both hands on the wheel.

On a 4 lane, Perhaps

in a camp ground (5mph) Often

All depends on speed, and how tightly I'm gripping the wheel.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #22

I wave too. It's about a 50% respond rate I'd say. I've also discovered since I started driving a Mustang, that Mustang drivers wave. Wonder if Prius drivers wave?
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #23
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Hi my name is Les. I stand before you and say "I am a waver". In fact I'm already in the 12 step program for waving.

It all started as a child waving at all the truckers and people my dad passed on the road. Then it graduated to waving at girls. I think this was when it started to get out of control and I recognized I had a bit of a problem. I waved at other bikers when I had a bike however many bikers didn't wave back and I started to get a complex. Once I got a boat, then it seemed like I waved more. My wife often told me she thought I was a bit obsessed.

Once we got the RV though, I found myself almost waving at everyone and everything. If it moved, I waved at it. I would be careful though If my wife was watching, I would try to sneak a wave in whenever I could so as not to raise any alarm.
She could tell when I had been waving heavily by the perspiration marks on my shirt when she did my laundry. I found her starting to watch me when I flinched to see if I was going to wave. She said she thought I needed help. I had now become a closet waver, waving discreetly while wearing disguises. That is till my wife caught me and said "Either it's me or the waving, you make the choice" so, being the smart man, I picked her.
That was 4 years ago now.
After being in the program, I have a lot better control over my waving. My sponsor tells me I'm doing great.
I just wave at RVers now. Other vehicles will pass and My wife will look over at me and we smile at each other knowing I pretty much got this licked. I do have to watch though cause I know I'm always just one wave away from needing help.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will wave on a 2 lane road if not preocupied watching the scenery.But the post brings back memories of winnie winking, We are long time Winnebago owners our 1rst being a 1974 brave. Back then Winnebagos had the "eyebrow" lookon the front end. You coiuld spot a winnie coming at you a mile away. It was customary for winnie owners to "wink" by flashing the headlights at each other. As most club members had there Wit membership numbers posted on the front cap of the rig, and the club supplied you with a membership list you could look up the # of the rig that just winked at you and you would know who they were and where they were from.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #25

WE (I) wave, especially, if I see them looking at us, all though our first trip out i would have to say only about 50% of them return the wave.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep trekker View Post
I usually wave at other RVs unless preoccupied such as watching a movie. (Just kidding)
Try waving with a Playstation 3 controller in your hands while driving with your knee. It's impossible.

Honestly, I'm a Jeep and Camaro owner and waving at others is kind of ingrained at this point but over the years I see fewer and fewer return waves.

I do find it hard to see RV'rs and if they're waving back or not.

Rob
Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wave, but in the short time you normally have to make eye contact inside the on coming camper, it's really difficult to time your wave to when they will see it.

All that said, I wave regardless!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #28

I do not wave, nor do I congregate when stopped.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote