Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
Wholesale Warranties and BNT

I am looking at an RV Care Service Agreement for Allegiance CSI Care from both Wholesale Warranties and BNT. Although the agreements are the same, the cost is different, which is how business is done. I get that.

But, one has a "cover letter" which makes it seem like they offer so much more. As you begin to read this cover letter it appears that it only is repeating what is in the agreement.

I did not read this cover letter all the way through because to my way of thinking, I will be signing the AGREEMENT. It is the agreement which is binding, not the cover letter.

Am I understanding this correctly? There is about an $800 difference in price between these two offers.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
You should be able to get a voided copy of the actual Service Contract to read before signing. Some are Gold, Platinum, Silver, etc., etc.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Scooter, I have a sample copy from both Wholesale Warranties and BNT. They are identical. The price is not. Nowhere is Gold, Silver, Platinum mentioned by either.

I'm wondering about that "cover letter" that the salesman attached to his email. For the most part he is simply repeating/rewording what is in the agreement. He then goes on to list what IS covered in this exclusionary policy. And it does sound good.

But, is this lisiting of what IS covered an attempt to make his product look good? On the surface, I would choose his over BNT because he lists so much more that is covered. But, hey, both are offering an EXCLUSIONARY policy which are identical.

Is his approach just an attempt at a better job of being a salesman?

Sorry, I'm so confused about this. But it the agreements are identical and one company's is $800 less!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
k......If the salesman "....goes on to list what IS covered in the exclusionary policy." That is NOT A GOOD THING. He should have listed what is NOT covered and by implication, everything not mentioned, IS covered.

I think you should talk to Jeff Shelton of WhWarranties. He can clear things up for you and perhaps have another insurer or company to deal with.

PM me and I will give you his cell #. Otherwise WWarr # is 858-658-0530 or 800-939-2806 or 1-877-692-7422. Or
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If it's the exact same contract then it's the exact same thing. The cover letter that you got is just an extra sales item showing "examples" of items that would be covered. The cover letter is not really important -> only the contract counts.

Do both contracts offer consequential damage? That could be a reason for a price difference (altho $800 seems alot for just that).

If you like one seller (vs. the other) just tell them about the price difference and ask if they'll make it up. There is alot of leeway in warranty prices and it's always worth trying to bargain a bit on them.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

The contract is all that counts as far as coverage is concerned.

If the cover letter promises more than the contact, then you might have legal recourse against the broker that sold the policy if you had a claim denied by the actual insurer (who is the real contractor). But that would be an "errors and omissions" lawsuit against the salesman - the insurer is not bound by the sales guys cover letter.

So the bottom line is, ignore the cover letter and read the contract. That's what you are buying.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
kmesaaz: What did you decide ?

« Mice | RV cover »