Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Why belong to FMCA?

/////I like vintage Motor Homes, I will never buy a new MH and almost all the mags stories are new motor homes .... JW
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FMCA has many subchapter groups that may be of interest. Example: We are active with the FMCA 4 Wheelers. A jeep off roading group.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is more to FMCA than the Magazine for example the FMCAssist in case you are incapacitated and can't drive home, the Michelin Advantage tire deal, as well as the chapters, rallies and other events. I have yet to find any magazine that will make all readers happy including me. As a gas coach owner I skip over the articles on air brakes, etc. and I skim over the high price coaches I will never purchase. I read all the repair articles as you never know what will need fixing as well as all the travel articles as you never know where you end up.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Simply because I chose to.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
There are a number of reasons to belong. Being a Monaco owner, there is Monaco International. Belonging to this chapter, you will find a number of what I call owners of "experienced" coaches. The information exchanges are a good thing.

You get FMCAssist. There is to much to list here as to the benefits so you can go here FMCAssist

The Michelin tire program is fine but I think it brings the prices down to what they really should be.

The international conventions brings you a gathering of suppliers to the RV community. You have the major suppliers to the rv world in one spot so you can gather information.

If you are thinking about joining, you should do it post haste. The governing board voted to raise dues to $50/yr effective 1 October. You can sign for multiple years and if at a later date, you decide it isn't for you, you can get a refund of dues for the not used years. Current dues are $40. I should say that this is the first increase in 5 years. I should also say that this is a member owned association not like like Good Sam which is owned by one guy.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:34 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My parents got a membership when they ordered their ForeTravel, and I joined after they quit RV'ing and have enjoyed the rallies. Good magazine and I'm about to get new tires under their program that will save me about $1,500 on the 8 tires, installed, balanced and new SmarTire sensors installed and programmed. Plus there's the emergency medical transport insurance.
Am also a Good Sam Charter Lifetime member, that's the one I wonder why I bought it. Nor much benefit for me.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:50 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
There are a number of reasons to belong. Being a Monaco owner, there is Monaco International. Belonging to this chapter, you will find a number of what I call owners of "experienced" coaches. The information exchanges are a good thing.

You get FMCAssist. There is to much to list here as to the benefits so you can go here FMCAssist

The Michelin tire program is fine but I think it brings the prices down to what they really should be.

The international conventions brings you a gathering of suppliers to the RV community. You have the major suppliers to the rv world in one spot so you can gather information.

If you are thinking about joining, you should do it post haste. The governing board voted to raise dues to $50/yr effective 1 October. You can sign for multiple years and if at a later date, you decide it isn't for you, you can get a refund of dues for the not used years. Current dues are $40. I should say that this is the first increase in 5 years. I should also say that this is a member owned association not like like Good Sam which is owned by one guy.
I just joined FMCA and the rates are $50 per year or $90 for two years and $126 for three years, etc.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:31 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for the replies everyone ... I have been a member for three years and was wondering about continuing or not .. I think I'll stay in FMCA thanks again PA!
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:31 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
One other benefit - if you are driving through Cincinnati, Oh ... like we are today, we will be stopping at the FMCA corporate headquarters and will stay in their "camping area" tonight for free! My understanding is they have electric and possibly water. Nice one night stop and can get some Skyline Chili or Montgomery Inn ribs
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:54 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra View Post
I just joined FMCA and the rates are $50 per year or $90 for two years and $126 for three years, etc.
You paid too much supposed to be $40 per year until one October goes up to $50 per year
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:55 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone ... I have been a member for three years and was wondering about continuing or not .. I think I'll stay in FMCA thanks again PA!
If you renew before one October it's $40 a year and you can go up to five years the rates go up to $50 one October
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:07 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Miller View Post
Glad you are staying......

Besides the benefits of FMCA, FMCA is an advocate of motor home owners!

Also, if you like vintage motor homes - this past June at the Great Lakes Area Rally (GLAMARAMA), the local GMC Motor Home Chapter brought and displayed their homes - all beautiful machines, well cared for and loved by their owners.

So check out a local rally, you never know what you may see, learn, and make new friends.

Oh - and we had a break time.

Take care,

g
Old 09-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #13

If you are lonely and don't get many emails, once you join FMCA you will be bombarded with emails and paper mail too!

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:19 AM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
If you are lonely and don't get many emails, once you join FMCA you will be bombarded with emails and paper mail too!

I've been a member of FMCA for 20 years and a local chapter secretary for more than 10 years. I am not bombarded by emails or paper mailing by FMCA, unless you perceive two or three per month as being "bombarded" (and one of those emails relate to my secretarial duties). Now, if you really like being bombarded, join Good Sam/Camping World. You'll need a bigger waste basket, which Camping World will gladly sell you!
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote