Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
When I got broken into, it was pretty obvious that I was gone. At the time, I had a 33' 5er and with it and my truck missing, it was a dead give-a-way that so was I.

Now, when my MH and 20' enclosed are gone, same thing. I have since activated my alarm system with a warbler horn in the attic.
This is the reason we are building a new garage. It will take more than a drive by to know whether we are home or on the road.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #30

I could buy the house on either side of me and turn it into a MH garage and workshop, but then I would have to start paying insurance and taxes on it too. Being retired and spending almost all of my pension now, I don't need the added expenses.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #31

Identity theft
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Simple solution Dunner, sell the present house and the dune buggy, use the proceeds to move to a better neighborhood.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, I do not hide my identity but you may have to work to figure it out.

I am also known as John From Detroit, what you see to the left is quicker to type at log in.
But it is also me. 100% me and nobody else. it is unique and it is assigned to me. No one else.

Oh, and in the "John from Detroit" I no longer live in Detroit, but it is Detroit I identify with.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto to all of the above.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #35
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I forgot to mention that I never put anything on here saying that I am away on a trip until I get back. I have a very sophisticated security system which includes cellular backup in case they cut the phone line, a VERY loud siren in the attic behind a vent that they can't get to, and three close neighbors who listen for that siren and have guns and are not afraid to use them! Yes, I know that there is not a security system in existance (at least in most homes) that someone out there can't get around, but those kind of burglars aren't going to waste their time on my little 2200 sq. ft. house, they'll be going after the million dollar homes. As for identity theft, certainly that is a concern, but I don't reveal anything on here that they can't get out of a phone book or off the internet, besides, I pay LifeLock each month to protect my identity. I guess I'm just a trusting kind of guy
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Simple solution Dunner, sell the present house and the dune buggy, use the proceeds to move to a better neighborhood.

Dieselclacker
If I didn't have a "dune buggy", I wouldn't need a MH and enclosed. BTW, a dune buggy is one of those plastic toys that Annette Funicello drove in Beach Blanket Bingo. What I have is called a sand rail.

And, thieves are attracted to "Better Neighborhoods".

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am helping search for members of my Senior class for a 50 year reunion. You may or may not be surprised to know what can be found on the internet for free. I have found spouses names, parents and children's names, phone numbers, address (current and former) and I can get criminal history if I want to pay. Hard to hide these days.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
All my Ex's live in Texas, that's why I live in Albuquerque

OOPS

Dick
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't go by my birth certificate name on forums, partly because of privacy reasons. The name I use here is the one my good friends know me by (I am a biker) I have also been known by my call sign from Iraq. In my mind those two names identify me as well or better than the one on my birth certificate.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Identity theft, which I have already been a victim of ! ( got my credit card information, 3 instances in the past 10 years)
Old 01-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #41

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Joe, I wouldn't think about insulting you, it sounds like you have taken the proper precautions, although one never knows these days. When I was working at the plant, there were 3 Franks, so our logons were first name and first letter of the last name, the numbers are just unique to me in case there is another Franka out there. I use northeast ohio because I live in a very small community that noone has heard of, so it helps pinpoint what part of Ohio I'm in. From seeing some of your other posts, I think you have it all together, and hope to meet up with you for a nice visit'
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
It would not be hard to find out the location of your stick house, and the fact that you are away in your coach on an extended trip... That's enough reason for me!
Basiclly the above. It is not that our identity is hidden, it is just not posted in plain sight on our threads. Many of us have from time to time given out information that would make searching our identity rather simple. But on a post, telling how beautiful the campground in Estes Park is, or about being stuck in the mud for a few more days, having your full name, home address, and phone number might be offering too much information.
Once, after making a post, I received multiple daily private messages from a person, almost to the point of distraction. Glad they didn't have my phone number.

Anyway, Happy Trails from Gary Kalyn aka Kalynzoo
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote