Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #43

We all need professional help; just to a lesser degree for some.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #44

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A lot depends on where we are, if there are full hook ups, if it is a travel stop night, etc. With four of us on this trip it's quicker to use both the MH shower and the campground showers so we can do what we're planning to do for the day, even of it is moving to another campground.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We prefer our MH shower when we have full hookups which is 10 weeks of the year, but we just spent 2 weeks in a federal campground with only a 50 amp service, no water or sewer hookups. We can just make it for 2 weeks on our grey water tank if we eat out a lot and shower at the CG facility. No problem on the black or fresh water tanks. Of course the feds probably spend the most per CG shower and they are cleaned at least once a day so they are not too bad. I hate having to break camp and move the MH to dump the water in the middle of a nice 2 week stay. Also showering with the 12 volt pump supplying pressure leaves something to be desired.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have not used a bath house to shower yet after seven or eight years of RVing. Like others we bought a MH large enough to not have to. The shower is plenty big enough, even has a bench for the ladies to sit on and shave legs.

We do use state CGs that do not have sewers and shower every day. A couple of things help with not filling the gray so fast. When you are waiting for the water to get hot, run it into a plastic bucket then either dump it outside or into your black tank. We "water the bushes" with ours. It is only fresh water so no harm there. The shut offs on the shower head helps too. Last winter we had to replace the original one because it still dripped a little. Replacement can be found at a reasonable price at a hardware store.

If we are close by and I am swilling beer I will use the bathroom to let off the "only rented" fluid but that is about it and do not expect DW to.

Some CGs will either allow or turn a blind eye to letting your gray tank run onto the ground. We call this the magic hose. You can buy a cap for the drain that has a garden hose connection to attach a short piece. The trick is to not dump it but to let it flow out. Not storing it makes for no odor and most any soap now days is biodegradable. This method may depend on state or local laws or how strictly they are enforced.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #47

I will shower in the campground shower just before we hit the road. Sometimes after dumping, packing and hitching the toad, it becomes necessary to rinse off. The campground shower can be very convenient. We park as close as possible and just slip on a pair of shorts, carry a towel, flip flops and soap is all you need.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #48

For us with our previous MH the shower was smaller so I got tired of hitting the hot/cold knobs with my elbow. Our current MH has a larger shower and changing area so we use it more provided we have full hook ups and some times when we don't but the shower is a quickie to keep for filling the gray water tank.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
Use CG shower at least once during stay. DW loves having her back washed with one of those sponginess things.
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #50
laj

TMI
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
The more I use a park's shower, the less often I have to clean my shower .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Ahhhh ........ Buddy's a cutie!

pawnotes (aka Dave n Carla)
"Jack" n "Kelly", the ESS
00 Monaco Diplomat 38a
Old 07-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I truly can't remember the last time I saw the inside of a CG shower or bath room. Then again, we nearly always stay where we have FHU.

Rick
+1 In the over six years that we have owned the MH we have never used the public restrooms and showers in lieu of those in the coach. Like Rick, we rarely stay where full hook-ups are not available.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
MY Experience

I own a motorhome so I can have my own bathroom. I don't want to share bathing and toilet facilities and lug all my stuff over to the showers and back. I take Navy showers and it is fine, wash my hair too it is short for the summer so no big deal. I wait to dump my tanks till I have about 3/4 of a tank and then I dump the grey water last to clean out the stuff from the black tank (at least most of it). It is no big deal really. Now if I had a gang of kids it might be another story.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Talking My thoughts on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawnotes View Post
Oh I dunno......maybe many of us are in need of professional help....after all, we've sold all our worldly goods and moved into a 300+ sq ft box on wheels....some folks would find that a little crazy
I thought I needed professional help once so I went to see a psychologist and I found out he was more nuts than I was or ever would be! I took his tests and they all came back normal for a middle aged woman, turns out I'm an eccentric. Then I got the bill ....Holy @#$% Well at least I got a label to tell the relatives "Oh You Know I'm Just Eccentric" heck they think that's cute and it cuts down on the explanations of why I travel all over and live in a box on wheels. People love labels.

As for the shower thing I don't care where you take your shower just do it often enough so I don't have to stand up wind and we're good
Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayjulia View Post
I thought I needed professional help once so I went to see a psychologist and I found out he was more nuts than I was or ever would be! I took his tests and they all came back normal for a middle aged woman, turns out I'm an eccentric. Then I got the bill ....Holy @#$% Well at least I got a label to tell the relatives "Oh You Know I'm Just Eccentric" heck they think that's cute and it cuts down on the explanations of why I travel all over and live in a box on wheels. People love labels.
Like Joni Mitchell said: I refuse to ride on the top of a double decker bus because there's no driver on the top....I've got a thing that's unique and new. Instead of one head I have two....and everybody knows two heads are better then one.

Tags
shower