Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Well our shower is small and we are large, so we rarely use MH shower. But when we do we find it is easier to squirt the liquid soap on the walls, then get in and spin around twice, then reverse spin twice, cut on water and spin again. Forget bending over or extending elbows. LOL
Mrfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
I will shower in the campground shower just before we hit the road. Sometimes after dumping, packing and hitching the toad, it becomes necessary to rinse off. The campground shower can be very convenient. We park as close as possible and just slip on a pair of shorts, carry a towel, flip flops and soap is all you need.
That's a good tip......thanks
pawnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
I use the campground showers most of the time simply for the room it affords. I am kinda tall and it is a little cramped in the MH shower stall. Plus I am using the hot water that my CG fees paid for. On the other hand, wife is short and tiny and she has plenty of room and has never used a campground shower. It works out good for us since this way she can use ALL the hot water. Now if the showers are not well kept, I will pass on them and use the MH.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #60

Been doing the motorhome bit for over 40 years, rarely use CG showers or toilets.
wazone3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #61

I've never been inside one. What do the look like? Separate stalls for showers, etc?

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfoto View Post
Well our shower is small and we are large, so we rarely use MH shower. But when we do we find it is easier to squirt the liquid soap on the walls, then get in and spin around twice, then reverse spin twice, cut on water and spin again. Forget bending over or extending elbows. LOL
That is how it was in our old Travco
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfoto View Post

Oh boy, thanks a lot! Now that picture will be stuck in my mind all day
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #64

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We do so once in a while just to see the reaction we get when we walk out of the same shower together. 47 years of marrage and still having fun.
Whats really kool is the look on young peoples faces.
We refuse to get old.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #65

We bought a toilet and shower that happened to be inside an RV...and we use it!
what is a bath house?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
In over 1200 nights in our motorhome, we have used a public shower once. We, also, are always baffled when we see the morning/evening treks to the bath house. But different strokes for different folks, I guess.
X2 standing on the floor of a public shower----all kinds of stuff grows there; I compare it to putting your feet in a septic tank. same goes for the toylets
never use either
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
DW uses the CG bath houses all the time, me occassionally. Sometimes there ain't nothin like a good long hot shower. This would be difficult even with a 10 gal. hot water heater in the moho. Plus, we like to stay in State Parks which rarely, if ever, have sewer hook ups. Pick your times and wear shower shoes or flip flops. Each to his own said the man who kissed the cow.
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #68

Think George Castanza.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
X2 standing on the floor of a public shower----all kinds of stuff grows there; I compare it to putting your feet in a septic tank. same goes for the toylets
never use either
The people I see in the CG bath houses are all wearing flip-flops or something on their feet. If you're camped where there are no sewer hookups, you soon become acquainted with the CG showers. That is unless you really enjoy filling and hauling and dumping the Honey Wagon.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2RVn View Post
DW uses the CG bath houses all the time, me occassionally. Sometimes there ain't nothin like a good long hot shower. This would be difficult even with a 10 gal. hot water heater in the moho. Plus, we like to stay in State Parks which rarely, if ever, have sewer hook ups. Pick your times and wear shower shoes or flip flops. Each to his own said the man who kissed the cow.
I think some people fear germs and others feel too "good" to use the CG showers. We too prefer the State Parks and COE CGs. Unfortunately they don't have sewer hookups. If we showered in our RV, we'd be hauling the Honey Wagon to the dump station every day.

There are those people too "good" to camp in such places and must have full-hookups at all times and at any cost. Like the cow kisser said.... to each his or her own.

Tags
shower