Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
X2 standing on the floor of a public shower----all kinds of stuff grows there; I compare it to putting your feet in a septic tank. same goes for the toylets
never use either
I doubt much grows there as the showers are cleaned and sanitized every day. I have never seen or smelled urine or feces in CG showers. What would you do in a hospital or in the Service? Not shower even if you were ambulatory? Take sponge baths? If it makes you feel better you can spray the shower floor with a bleach solution or wear flip-flops/shower-shoes as others do. As for the toilets themselves, same deal. What do you do when you're out shopping or at a restaurant and have to relieve yourself? You either use the toilets available or defaecate or urinate in your pants or panties.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #72

I don't know about anyone else but I'll guarantee my wife has never sat on a strange bowl. I made a mistake opening a door and catching her once in Vegas. That's a sight I never want to see again. Thanks for bringing up memories.

(And don't ever bet a woman you can pee higher on a wall than she can, you'll loose.)

Old 08-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom View Post
If there's no sewer hook-up, I'll use the cg facilities, other than that, of course I'll use my own in my home on wheels.
I'm getting the impression some people wouldn't camp where there are no sewers available. If they do their laundry and showering in their RV that's fine... but if they had no sewers they're making almost daily trips to the dump stations. That's not what most of us want to spend our time doing. What do they do when and if they boondock?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #74

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They say the average desk or the average computer mouse or cell phone has hundreds of times more germs than the average toilet seat!

Average Desk Harbors 400 Times More Bacteria Than Average Toilet Seat

Your Computer Mouse Has More Germs On It Than A Toilet Seat

What Has More Germs Than a Toilet Seat? Everything - National - The Atlantic Wire

Scary eh? Well, not enough time out in the MH for me yet to enjoy weeks of non-work away time, but I like having all my things around me, razor, shaving cream, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, bar soap, mouthwash, lotion, aftershave,towel, fresh clothes, etc. Too much crap to haul to the CG shower, but I would use a CG shower if I had not hookups for water/sewer for sure!
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I'll guarantee my wife has never sat on a strange bowl. I made a mistake opening a door and catching her once in Vegas. That's a sight I never want to see again. Thanks for bringing up memories.

(And don't ever bet a woman you can pee higher on a wall than she can, you'll loose.)
What a shame. She can "squat" like most of us rather than filthy up the toilet stall for the next person and the poor cleaning woman. Any communicable disease your wife may have would be more easily spread by urinating down the toilet wall or on the floor. She can buy those toilet rings to cover the seat with. She can buy a disinfectant spray or use those disinfectant wipes on the seat before sitting down. Why is she so paranoid about toilets? There are ways to protect yourself.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #76

Why is it OK for tent campers to wash their dishes and every thing else right by the spigot and we can't let our shower water touch the ground?
I will wash dirty dishes with the outside shower and never get looked at twice but I can't tell you how many times a park ranger has walked up to the side of our camper (in different parks) to check that the extra garden hose is not draining grey water on the ground. Once I was asked (can't remember where) to let the grey run as there had been a drought and the surface needed all the water it could get. I think it was a COE park.
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #77

Oh, I guess it's OK for man to stand up but a woman? Didn't say she was doing the walls.

Besides it was a Joke. We have a RV, not a mobile home.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #78

I get excited to try out a new shower head. lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #79

The Scamp's bath will do it but it's like doing three things at once. SS&S. No shaving legs. We have the "blue tote" which isn't bad until you watch my husband pull it behind the jeep to dump station and you are going "Hope he makes it. This could be bad."
Old 08-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #80

Outside showers are not a problem at THESE RESORTS.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #81

Now your talking.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #82

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Now your talking.
As I recall, AANR had a booth at Quartzite last year....
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #83

The only trouble is,just my opinion, they look like some of the same nudes that I see at Sturgis.NOT a pretty site.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #84

Drop it; it's getting close to dinner time.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower