Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Why do you use the bath house and not your MH shower

We are newbie MH owners and I am curious what is the purpose of using the "showers/bath house" rather than the shower in your MH?
Our parents did this too, but I never asked why.

pawnotes
Orlando, FL
pawnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Depends on where we're at, what type of camping we are doing, how long we intend to stay and wheather or not DW wants to wash her hair. Short overnight stays when making a long trip, I don't want to invest the time for doing complete hook ups. Dry camping, we use the camp facilities to avoid making trips to the dump station if one is availible until we pull out. Sometimes I want a longer blasting shower with room to move and DW doing her hair is self explanatory.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #3

Using the bathhouse to take a shower saves trips with the "honey wagon" to the sewer dump station. Or unhooking the rig to dump the tanks at the dump station, then setting up again - a real PIA.

If we have full hookups somewhere, we will use the shower in the RV.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #4

Showers??

Who takes showers??? NO, really I perferr to use my own in the TT, I know who has been in it, have little more private area. Sometimes if we're in an area for an extended time and the public shower are nice/clean we're use them, just to keep from filling the gray tank.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We use the bath house primarily when we're camping in a spot without sewer (which is actually quite often for us). Allows us to take long, relaxing showers without worrying about filling up our tanks. We last a lot longer without having to dump the tanks this way.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #6

We stay mainly at state parks and most don't have sewer hookups. So to reduce the chances of filling up they gray tank we will use the cg's shower. Plus with the cg's shower you can take a much longer shower.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #7

All else being equal, I'll use the public facilities because there's generally more room, and I don't have to wipe the the bath in our coach down when I'm done.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #8

We used to use a shower other than the one in our motorhome because we had an old '78 motorhome with a tiny shower that was only big enough to be used as a storage compartment. Love having the new motorhome to shower in. We just conserve water, so rinse off, turn the water off, lather up, turn the water on and rinse off. We boondock for a week and our tanks do just fine.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, let's see,

Motor home shower: Small phone booth: Campground regular showers: Larger phone booth, Handicapped showers: Big enough to shower in comfortablly (I am 6'3" By over 300 pounds)

RV shower: Low flow, Low pressure: Campground showers (mostly) high flow/pressure

RV water heater: Six Gallons.. Campground: Sixty or more.

And that.. is why I use the campground showers.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #10

In over 1200 nights in our motorhome, we have used a public shower once. We, also, are always baffled when we see the morning/evening treks to the bath house. But different strokes for different folks, I guess.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I truly can't remember the last time I saw the inside of a CG shower or bath room. Then again, we nearly always stay where we have FHU.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Never have, even when I'm in a campground in my truck camper with a wet bath. I didn't buy a fully featured RV to go use a communal shower/toilet.

Not squeamish at all about germs or people or anything, I just can't see toting all my junk over to the bath house when I've got a nice warm camper to shower in with all my toiletries in the cabinet and clothes in drawers nearby. The TC is tight, the coach has a very large shower but I'd rather be tight with all my junk within arms reach than trek across a cold campground carrying all that stuff.

100gal fresh and 75/100 black/gray tanks keep us comfortable even when the campground is more primitive.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #13

Unless we're dry camping we never use the bath houses. One of the main reasons for having a big enough RV is the luxury of having our own bath. When we're dry camping, we don't need no stinkin' showers, but we do force ourselves to use the toilets.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
I truly can't remember the last time I saw the inside of a CG shower or bath room. Then again, we nearly always stay where we have FHU.

Rick
XX2!

Tags
shower