Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #281

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Where is the "beating the dead horse" icon located?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
While I applaud your "Drive Friendly" attitude, there were no cellphones and texting around 40 years ago. Also, drivers' ed was MANDATORY in high school, not so anymore. We have raised a few generations of automotive morons that haven't a clue what it takes to drive safely (or what it takes to maintain a vehicle, but that's another topic). Frankly, I have limited patience with these idiots.
All good points. I call those 'idiots' 'ignorant'. Ignorant means they do not know, even when they should know. Patience is a virtue, and can actually save lives.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #283

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Where is the "beating the dead horse" icon located?
The following BB code equals
Code:
:horse3:
At darn near 300 posts in this thread I think it's safe to say the subject has been well covered.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #284

Freightliner Owners Club
Check back next week, I think it's going to be better than "walmart" or "Thread Killer". But if you don't click it you will never know.... (choices??)

How will the Left Coast drivers learn how to tell merge from mingle?? Will they even believe you can have rules on a FREEway???
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #285

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
The following BB code equals
Code:
:horse3:
At darn near 300 posts in this thread I think it's safe to say the subject has been well covered.

Thanks Craig,.......my point exactly!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #286

Vintage RV Owners Club
Post count here would be almost 400 if somebody else hadn't started a similarly rantalicious topic that's siphoned off more than a hundred posts: 2 Pet Peeves with spelling..

Maybe they could be consolidated into a single "Post yer Peeve" thread!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #287

Common Sense Driving Tips
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #288

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think it has anything to do with driving experience, age or vehicle being driven. It is attitude. The attitude is ME FIRST [moderator edit] and it not just driving. How many times have you been in a store and had employees step in front of you making you stop. Or had another shopper push a cart in front of you like you are not there. Or have three people walking down the isle and force you to step aside. Or seen someone with with a family approach a door and the husband or one of the kids opens it and walks through first. Or been sitting in your car and another car pulls in beside you and the passenger looks you in the eye and opens thier door into yours. Or leaves their shopping cart in a handicap space or behind your car and tells you if you don't like move it yourself. Or at the gas station you wait in your MH for the cars in the outside lane to clear it so you won't be blocking everone just to have someone pull around in front of you then pretend you are not there. Or been on the golf course and the fivesome playing slow ahead of will not let you play through. No it's not just in driving it is in everything and it is all ages not just the young, IT IS ALL OF US. Courtesy and kindness are now the exception. And that was just this afternoon. Sorry for the rant. I feel much better now.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #289

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
I feel much better now.
That's what we're here for!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #290

Newmar Owners Club
I find California Drivers the most Polite on the West Coast! It gets worse the further North You go until BC Where Some of them Stop Dead on the On Ramps! Then those that are not afraid of second Gear do things right!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #291

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

When I get mad at a driver that doesn't know how to merge, I have the DW check the interwebs for the next WalMart, pull off at that exit and camp there for the night to cool down.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with driving experience, age or vehicle being driven. It is attitude. The attitude is ME FIRST [moderator edit] and it not just driving. How many times have you been in a store and had employees step in front of you making you stop. Or had another shopper push a cart in front of you like you are not there. Or have three people walking down the isle and force you to step aside. Or seen someone with with a family approach a door and the husband or one of the kids opens it and walks through first. Or been sitting in your car and another car pulls in beside you and the passenger looks you in the eye and opens thier door into yours. Or leaves their shopping cart in a handicap space or behind your car and tells you if you don't like move it yourself. Or at the gas station you wait in your MH for the cars in the outside lane to clear it so you won't be blocking everone just to have someone pull around in front of you then pretend you are not there. Or been on the golf course and the fivesome playing slow ahead of will not let you play through. No it's not just in driving it is in everything and it is all ages not just the young, IT IS ALL OF US. Courtesy and kindness are now the exception. And that was just this afternoon. Sorry for the rant. I feel much better now.
True it is...attitude is everything! However, with age, comes wisdom, and I think I am getting wiser very quickly these days LOL
For those attitudes in the grocery store, I use my Dad's old wisdom, "kill'em with kindness"...also with plain ol' grumpy people, they almost always warm up after being extra kind to them On the road, always let the bad attitude people go first, I want them far in front of me, not behind me, or beside me trying to cut me off Usually I can be found in the parking lot pushing three or four carts into the cart stations to get them out of other driver's way I have been told I am 'the exception', but I choose to be that way, always have been a little 'different', because.....well, simply because of my attitude And you know what? It feels GOOD! So glad you are feeling better now
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRV View Post
I find California Drivers the most Polite on the West Coast! It gets worse the further North You go until BC Where Some of them Stop Dead on the On Ramps! Then those that are not afraid of second Gear do things right!
LOL Should I say I'm from BC? It is sometimes said that Canadians are 'too polite', but not often said by the Brits LOL

PS, the drivers in BC who stop on the ramps (and slow down on every little curve in the road), those are the Albertans hahahaha!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #294

Country Coach Owners Club
Wow. I did not put my post on here to get people up set. For goodness sake please stop beating that poor horse. I just feel that there are some that posted may not have commented before. My hope is to get others into the conversation and learn from some of the things they have seen. This issue is not a pet peeve to me it is a real safety issue. a pet peeve to me is pups not asking to go out when needed. (they can do that you know) then they leave me a little wet surprise. Thanks all.

gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote