Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2015, 06:15 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I hate the tax burden and the politics here BUT, I have only been in 41 of the great States so fart and I have yet to find one I would prefer to live in over California. No bugs, no humidity, no tornadoes, no hurricanes and no weather extremes. Just my opinion, yours may vary.

You forgot no earthquakes,no draughts,no mud slides and no wild fires........OH wait maybe you didn't forget those.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #58

RV'rs is this what you are all about? Simple fix; Cali complainers can stay on your computer all day and away from here if you want to complain about California because that will lessen our biggest problem we have to deal with now days; no respect for others. So go somewhere you will be more happy, lol.
Happy travels complainers to wherever you find them other than Cali so we who love it here can enjoy some piece and quiet.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #59

Lots of great roads in Cali; learn to plan a route.
Onstar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #60

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I used to live in CA, moved to AZ. Now paying higher sales tax, higher auto ins, higher auto registration, and more for poorer hlth ins. Not sure how state income tax compares. Own a house in CA wine country, think I'll move back.

Glenn
Old 06-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #61

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
How very humble....
I did mention the Prius, didn't I!

I'm actually a fifth generation Californian. Some of my forefathers from the Basque region of Spain were already gainfully raising sheep, with a Spanish land grant, before California was even considered to become a part of the U.S.A.

They were very "humble", and had their land stolen from them due to the policy of Manifest Destiny, very unscrupulous land grabbers, politicians, and simple greed. So yeah, I'll admit, I'm probably not the most "humble"!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #62

38,000,000 people can't be wrong. Delaware is smaller than my county. I'm 100 miles from the beach, LA, San Diego. 200 from Vegas, a big plus. 300 miles from the Grand Canyon, Bryce, San Francisco, Mammoth, Lake Tahoe, redwoods. And best of all I don't have to listen to people who talk funny.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
... And best of all I don't have to listen to people who talk funny.
You apparently avoid Oxnard, Bakersfield, Modesto, Fresno, Sacramento! Many of the second and third generation born and raised Californians there speak with an accent, dress in boots, commonly wear cowboy hats, and listen exclusively to country/western music.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:25 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
38,000,000 people can't be wrong.
The other 279,000,000 of us can't be wrong, either!

Seriously, you won't hear me bashing California or any other state for that matter. I'm quite certain that if we each thought about it, we could find something we'd like to "fix" in our home state. I love Nevada, but I'd rather eat live crickets than have to go to Las Vegas! I can't get enough of California's Eastern Sierra, Death Valley, Mojave Desert, or North Coast (north of Point Arena). The rest of it, you can keep. Big cities and I just don't get along!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #65

Tiffin Owners Club
Off topic but Rock Springs had a Shakey's pizza back in the late 70's before I moved away. Great pizza!!! Now Im hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 06-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry, Rock Springs is in WY

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 AM   #67

I'm sorry I mentioned the Shakeys in California. I just that it's so good! The new one near Oceanside is the best one. last year, to avoid the LA traffic in the Moho we stayed about 30 miles inland near a Shakeys. It took us about 2.5 hours to get to the ocean in the meanest traffic jams I've ever seen. We tried all different hours of the day but still got stuck. Good thing there are mojo potatoes to go.
Ye all poster
Old 07-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
...... higher auto registration, and more for poorer hlth ins. Not sure how state income tax compares. Own a house in CA wine country, think I'll move back.

Glenn
Interesting. I moved from CA to AZ and have had the exact opposite. Auto registration is almost half of what it was in CA and our health insurance went down as well. Now car insurance is bit higher, but not much. Our standard of living is night and day difference as far cash flow here in AZ. We can afford to do so much more here. I do miss the CA weather but not the traffic.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #69

I have to agree with raineman. I left So. Cal. in 2007 as soon as I retired and moved to Mesa, AZ. I've never had any regrets. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of one thing that wasn't much more expensive in CA. I bought a newer, larger house out here for 40% of what I sold my place for in Orange County. I'm not going to run down CA, as I lived there for 18 years and made a good living. But it sure changed a lot during that time, and not for the better. It was nice to be near the ocean, but if you are in gridlock getting there, and then can't find a place to park, what's the point of going? Plus, in Mesa, I don't have to speak Spanish to get through the day.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl View Post
I have to agree with raineman. I left So. Cal. in 2007 as soon as I retired and moved to Mesa, AZ. I've never had any regrets. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of one thing that wasn't much more expensive in CA. I bought a newer, larger house out here for 40% of what I sold my place for in Orange County. I'm not going to run down CA, as I lived there for 18 years and made a good living. But it sure changed a lot during that time, and not for the better. It was nice to be near the ocean, but if you are in gridlock getting there, and then can't find a place to park, what's the point of going? Plus, in Mesa, I don't have to speak Spanish to get through the day.

I was with you until the " Spanish remark". Uncalled for and not true. I've lived here for over 60 yrs, don't speak Spanish and have no trouble getting through the day.

Tags
california