Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Yes, I know the high fuel prices, the unbelievable traffic congestion, the lack of common courtesy of CA drivers, and a stack of other reasons, but this one takes the cake. ‘All about the money’: Motorists plagued by sky-high Calif. traffic ticket fines | Fox News

I didn't before, but now I'm doubly sure I won't.
This one has an easy answer, obey all traffic laws.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #72

Why I Don't RV Or Even Drive in California

There is one really good reason to avoid California.........The Kardashians!!!

Old 07-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #73

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
AMEN!!!

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #74

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Having lived in California for most of my life, I miss the California that was. Becoming a stranger in your own home town was hard. Driving across town or just to going on vacation was a chore. I left CA two years ago and I can tell you I don't miss it at all. I feel really sorry for all people who live there and believe the hype created by Hollywood, that it is the only place to live. I can tell you it is not a great place, there are many better places to live. We watch a show called Flip or Flop, where a young couple from Orange County buy run down houses and sell them for a profit. They show pictures of all the neat places leaving out the reality. Homes for $500,000 in the middle of run down gang territory.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #75

American Coach Owners Club
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
Dang it! I've read the whole thread and was able to ignore the comments about the bad roads, bad people, high taxes, high gas prices, and crappy weather. I even was able to shrug off the one about having to speak Spanish. However, this one can't be ignored. It's time to get the heck out of here.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #76

Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry. Cali is a mess both politically and culturally. The changes that have taken place in the last 30 years have been horribly negative. Just curious
, but what is your favorite flavor of Kool Aide? Knowledge is best acquired in reality and that is the real power.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #77

Politically and culturally has nothing to do with it. The OP maybe a bad driver. We don't need them here.

Stupid shouldn't be accepted as normal..........
Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #78
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Ok folks. This thread has taken all sorts of detours off the original topic of high fees on violations. Yes all the comments are interesting, but disrespectful to the OP. There's already been one thread warning to stay on topic.

Let's get back to it or move on.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Yes, I know the high fuel prices, the unbelievable traffic congestion, the lack of common courtesy of CA drivers, and a stack of other reasons, but this one takes the cake. ‘All about the money’: Motorists plagued by sky-high Calif. traffic ticket fines | Fox News

I didn't before, but now I'm doubly sure I won't.
Since I've lived (and still do) in CA for 15 + years and have had way more than my share or traffic tickets, this is news media BS!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
You apparently avoid Oxnard, Bakersfield, Modesto, Fresno, Sacramento! Many of the second and third generation born and raised Californians there speak with an accent, dress in boots, commonly wear cowboy hats, and listen exclusively to country/western music.

I lived in Bakersfield for over 20 years. Merle Haggard's home town and a bunch of other country western singers. We talk normal and wear normal clothes, jeans cap or as u refer to them cowboy hats, boots and listen to country music and just about every other type of music. The rest of the country is weird.

On a more on topic note I wrote parking tickets for 5 years, city/county. Park in the blue and don't have a placard $285 city. Give me a hard time about who ur daddy knows and cop an attitude $978 county. We have a lot of cars and obeying the laws help. Today there will be close to 250,000 extra visitors in town, even with the Lake Fire. 50 volunteers will be out there trying to keep things moving, I hope!

Tags
california