Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
What a terrible thread! No wonder the USA is in such turmoil! We all can't even have a civil conversation and have a common interest??? Rv'ing. Fellows and ladies sadly you need to be civil, grow up and respect one another. Live and let live.

Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #44
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
You had me right up until the Michigan state part , could have been worse could have been Michigan. I have a friend that is a Michigan State Alumni, I use his football tickets from time to time. One year I went to see the Buckeyes play the Spartans. Was the only guy on that side of the field wearing scarlet and gray. I have office in Anchorage, Prudhoe Bay and Kenai. Also have office in Chicago, Houston, Torrance. Pretty similar path it looks like. But I'm an Ohio State fan. Politics are bad everywhere.
Seems we beat OSU and Michigan. We went to all the games. What business are you in? Mine is environmental clean ups and MEOR.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post
Seems we beat OSU and Michigan. We went to all the games. What business are you in? Mine is environmental clean ups and MEOR.
Non Destructive Testing and Materials Engineering. On the slope we are mostly known for x-ray of the above ground piping.

Alaska Clean Seas?

Notice how I skipped over that we beat OSU line?
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
Old 01-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #46
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by Forest Grump View Post

Yup that's Bakersfield! We had 60 days in a row over 100. But unlike the rest of the country Bakersfield gained 100,000 people in the last 10 years. Homes are affordable. It is conservative. Schools are good. Lots of jobs, good jobs. Lots of country music. Bad air comes from the Bay Area.

Believe it or not California air quality is improving. LA actually has clear days. San Bernardino has clear days. Rainy days would be nice.
Yea, stayed four days in July, ran genny 90 straight hours to keep coach cool, stayed at a friends house, he has 30 amp plug, but with the extreme heat, and my demand, kept tripping the breaker.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
I spent the vast majority of my .mil career on the east coast. The four years I spent in SoCal were four or the most memorable years of my life. I hated leaving there. I'm quite certain my claw marks can still be seen on I-15 and I-40. I DID NOT want to leave, and I return to visit at every opportunity.

California is a special place and will always occupy key terrain in my heart. There are lots of things wrong with it, but the same can said for virtually anywhere else you want to talk about, including my current location, just south of DC.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910
ISC on a Spartan
Old 01-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #48
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I love the weather here in nor cal it's nice to be 2 hours from the ocean and 2 hours to somewhere in the sierras but the wackos are getting out of hand in this state and with the drought being made official we will all probablly have to buy permits to take a shower LOL with the water police going to be out in full force but I sure have been looking for property in other states time will tell
2008 Damon Daybreak 3135,F53,2011 CR-V toad SMI Stay in Play Duo
Why wait for retirement enjoy life now !!!!!!!!!!
Me , DW, 2 kids and Kasey 8 year old yellow lab
Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #49
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holy Cow Batman!

I've never seen as many replies to any post I've ever made on here as this one.

Thank you all for your input, it made for some interesting reading.

I've lived in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Utah and California. I've also visited every state in the union.

I think every state has something nice about it and I've found that people are nice everywhere, especially in campgrounds.

One part of the movie I liked was the bus sliding down the hill. Occasionally people come on here asking about driving in the snow and ice. I am going to provide a link to that movie and point out the bus to them.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #50
It's interesting that in all cases the wheels of the sliding vehicles were all locked, meaning the driver was probably holding their foot on the brakes. That won't work very well...
Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 AM   #51
American Coach Owners Club
Well, I know nothing of the politics or taxes in California. I do know that coming back from Alaska in 2011, we zig-zagged across the state from top to bottom, hitting every National Park it has. THAT IS some backyard you guys have there!

As far as the video is concerned, it is amazing to me that people even attempt driving on surfaces that they can't walk on. Living in Atlanta for a while, we had some 'black ice' days...I stayed home watching the news images of the same carnage as the ones posted here. Never understood that one way trip to the body shop.
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #52
Tiffin Owners Club
I too love Northern California, (note the spelling). I'm prejudiced being born here, I know. Others like to live where they feel more comfortable too. Thats ok with me. I try not to rant about where they live either. We all make our choices for many reasons, but we should all respect those choices.
Jack & Kay
2015 Allegro 32CA Ford Chassis
FMCA #341229
Old 01-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #53
Originally Posted by JacknKay View Post
I too love Northern California, (note the spelling). I'm prejudiced being born here, I know. Others like to live where they feel more comfortable too. Thats ok with me. I try not to rant about where they live either. We all make our choices for many reasons, but we should all respect those choices.

What is interesting is the huge number of Europeans visiting our playgrounds. In visiting with our Danish RV neighbor, He told me Europeans considered our national parks and monuments as belonging to the world and he used the inet to plan their two month trip. Grant sent troops to protect Sequoia. What foresight these presidents had. He said the only problem he had was his Visa card wouldn't work in the gas pumps. It didn't have the chip. He said every time he inserted it into the pump it came up with "quickly remove", so he did and went in to pay. So I explained how our pumps work, it was just reading his card, and all of a sudden the quiet teenage daughter just had a fit of laughter.

Indeed we all need to love and enjoy and appreciate our beautiful country which has so much to offer to so many.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:24 AM   #54

I was born in Santa Cruz CA and grew up in So Cal but decided to retire in New Mexico because of the slower pace lifestyle and get away from all the parking lot freeways!!
Steve, Judy and the Pups Sandy, Tinker and Shortcut
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B Victory Blue Toad: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Old 01-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #55
We lived in California all our working lives. Mary was born there and I came when I was eighteen. We retired when I hit 65. We left to follow the kids in Florida and finally Texas. We decided to move back to California and what a RUDE awakening. First offence was to charge sales tax on my SSR that was newly purchased and taxes paid, to be taxed again. State is broke and fear of being stopped for ant reason was chilling. Then, because we lived in mountain community got assessed special "fire" tax of $180.00 per year. Illegals now alllowed to obtan drivers license.

When we were tax paying yuppies it was fine to live there but we will NOT EVER RETURN. The climate is not that big a draw. Cities are old an broken down. Try driving through Hollywood or Studio City. No glamore there. Just my experience being passed on.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #56
Spent my first 62 years in So. CA. The next 62 will be right here in No. AZ.
Just renewed our old Class A registration, 2 years for $31. Our prop. taxes are $135 per year.
Great place to retire to!
Avg. temp at our location is 77F.

Don and Mary
'00 Bluebird Skoolie Conversion
Geo Tracker/Dodge Neon/Aprilia Scooter towed
Closed Thread