Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #1

The water from the faucet in my MH is excessively foamy....anyone have ideas as to why this is?

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
jasonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #2

The water from the faucet in my MH is excessively foamy....anyone have ideas as to why this is?

Old 01-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #3

Jason, dunno. My water at the sinks are also excessively foamy, especially in the beginning of the season. Seems to calm down with use.

I will be interested in other's responses.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #4

Hey guys,

It is from the Pink Antifreeze.

It can be very hard to get rinsed out of the system.

Which is why you should never use a toxic antifreeze to winterize with. Some gets in the water heater, or pressure tank if so equipped, and the freshwater tank. You never totally drain these items and the fresh water just keeps diluting the Antifreeze.

Eventually with use you get it all out.

John
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
You have antifreeze in a line. Probably the line plumbed for a washer, if no washer is installed. Or the outside shower. Open dead end lines and flush those.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Blowing out the lines is one way to get all the antifreeze out, or at least virtually all of it.

Open all faucets including those plumbed for washer. Drain the system by opening the low point drains. Close the drains and run compressed air through the system via the hose inlet. Run compressed air until there is no more spitting water from the faucets.

This is one method of winterization but, would work to get all the RV fluid out of the lines.

I don't do this on start-up but, it would work for those concerned. I just drain the system first, turn on all faucets for five minutes and throw away the first bucket of ice from the ice maker. Also, run the washer on warm cycle once.

For winterization, I actually blow out the lines and put anti-freeze through the system. This is a bit anal retentive but, being in Buffalo, it makes me feel better that there isn't any diluted antifreeze exposed to substantial subzero temps.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
At times, the water from the lavatory faucet is very foamy in the morning. Running water for a few minutes lessens the foaminess. Never have foam from the kitchen faucet.

This MH has never had antifreeze in it!
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I too have the same problem, and it is from the antifeeze. Mostly with the hot water. After a couple pf time running the water for a few minutes it ussually clears up.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:26 AM   #9

After reading this, I went outside and looked at the line to the ext. shower. Sure enough, pink. I'm sure that was it. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #10

Like my neighbor, my MH has never had any pink antifreeze used in it. I associate the water foaminess [which occurs in my MH on warm/hot days] from air pockets in the MH plumbing that form after external water connections are made then broken and normal dissolved gases in the drinking water supply that effervesce when released thru the tap. My kitchen faucet also uses an aerator to diffuse the water column [to prevent too strong a flow & sink splashing] but which also adds to the foaminess.

In any case, this disappears after a few minutes of line flushing & should cause no problems - except if you already have a full grey water tank!
zooom is offline   Reply With Quote