Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #1

Winnebago View Jacks

I have a 2009 Winnebago View and I find that when I'm parked I feel the RV sway when anyone moves or rolls over at night. I recently bought a slide out stabilizer Jacks and haven't tried them out yet. I'm not looking for the expensive hydraulic Jacks but something that could mount underneath. Has anyone done this? I don't know where to mount scissor Jacks.

Any help or pics would be appreciated.
Darylsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would advise against using slide stabilizers without also having stabilizers under the coach. The manufacturer of my coach said never to use slide stabilizers because if jacks were to drain down it would damage the slide. Without jacks under your coach the rocking and rolling would continue and could possibly cause slide damage.
As to attaching stabs to your coach, I don't have a clue where they could go.
And welcome aboard.
Glenn
Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
jacks

I have a 2008 view .
On the rear there is two vee shaped ,heavy steel ,( for lack of a better word)
Skid guards .
They touch the ground before the fiberglass hits so you don't tear out the back panel.
I was thinking about putting bottle jacks on pads and use them to steady the home.
Somewhere I saw light duty ,and light in weight, bottle jacks that a 1or 2
ton rating.
It's worth a try.

Good luck ,

John M
john fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You could add the scissor jacks that TT's use, that is if there is some where to mount them.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 PM   #5
vod

Do a google search of Universal RV Stabilizer. They work using a ratcheting strap to tighten. My friends have two of them they use on their class c coach. 1 under the steps on the entry door and the other in the rear under the frame rails. Works pretty well to stabilize and he said it cost him about 80 bucks for both.
vod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile jacks

vod , I saw them also,not a bad idea.

Shouldn't be to difficult to make yourself, buy some aluminum C- Channel and
some Angle , look at pics of the real thing, add a tie down strap,nuts and bolts,and you got it.

It would probably be easier , to buy the real thing,but it would make a fun project if you have time, and like the challenge .

John M
john fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. My hope is to mount some scissor Jacks underneath my Winnebago View. I find the swaying at when someone walks to the washroom or even rolls over makes me feel like I'm at sea... I figured with all the View owners out there that someone would have info or pics of their solution.

Thanks everyone for their input. As you know space is limited for jacks and having something mounted would be the answer for me.
Darylsuds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, winnebago