Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winter projects

Here is a PIC of a winter project for the MH. Tore of my mudflap and bent the back support, with some new tubing, a little welding and a new piece of dump truck plastic bed liner from Badger Plastics, fixed. As you can see the DW is trying to bait me over to get her Ski-Doo ready. As a diehard Arctic Cat guy it's hard to even look at a Ski-Doo let alone own one. Well I guess I have spoiled her rotten and she gets what she wants so now I have a !?** Ski-Doo. Love will make a guy do some crazy stuff ! Oh well 39 years working on 40 I guess Ski-Doo or not I'll keep her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2919.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	16582  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
Love will make a guy do some crazy stuff ! Oh well 39 years working on 40 I guess Ski-Doo or not I'll keep her.
Looks like a good job indeed. Toughest part about having those large flaps is keeping them from getting damaged. I bet that we have both seen some pretty terribly tore up mud flaps! Thanks for sharing!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Can't believe that nobody commented about the bait on the seat of the Ski-Doo.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Can't believe that nobody commented about the bait on the seat of the Ski-Doo.
Like deer in the headlights I guess when folks look at that mud flap. Not a drinkin' man but is that Ol' Grand Dad?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #5

I want to know where Almond is and if you have snow???? None here. hehe
Old 12-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Arctic cat rules. I miss my old 340 panther. The 18" track would get me anywhere I wanted to go. My friends with their larger 440 and top of the line 500cc with 12" tacks would sink in the deep snow.

But I show my age with such underpowered machines. Good old pull starts worked every time even when it was single digits.

Oh... Nice mudflap too.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #7
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Here is a PIC of a winter project for the MH. Tore of my mudflap and bent the back support, with some new tubing, a little welding and a new piece of dump truck plastic bed liner from Badger Plastics, fixed. As you can see the DW is trying to bait me over to get her Ski-Doo ready. As a diehard Arctic Cat guy it's hard to even look at a Ski-Doo let alone own one. Well I guess I have spoiled her rotten and she gets what she wants so now I have a !?** Ski-Doo. Love will make a guy do some crazy stuff ! Oh well 39 years working on 40 I guess Ski-Doo or not I'll keep her.
You mean to say you have enough snow there to run "sleds" on? We're "hurt'n for certain" up here around Duluth....
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Almond WI is in central WI just off I-39 just south of Stevens Point. I live in the Burps there's a few corn fields and potato fields Between me and town. That is a bottle of Kesslers and it worked I have it all ready to ride, We have no snow and the weather has been really warm for this time of the year. Hope it doesn't decide to be winter in spring when we should be camping.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #9

rvjimmy I am just west of Appleton....I am hoping winter is over March 1
Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorta Looks like a bribe to me.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Hope you're right on the March 1. We always try to take our first ride over to the Mississippi to watch the eagles as early as weather permits.Have got snowed on a few times but by March a guy is ready to ride!