Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Wondering about Texas

Last winter we spent most of it in Florida. We traveled to South Texas for the last two weeks of our winter, making us officially "Winter Texans".
The reason was to check it out for the coming winter. We decided to book Texas for this winter and are now asking ourselves, is Texas going to need to budget water use this winter? Is water going to be a problem. and by becoming another Texan will we be asking them to pull a rabbit out of a hat to keep us in drinking water?
Maybe we should head for Tuson! How about Dry Florida, or Quartsite? Is there anywhere south that escaped this years water problems?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Water aint your big problem in Texas right now. I am curious if the state is going to BURN DOWN...... I know that Texas is BIG and I arsen't sure where all the fires are and I would hope that they would have them out by wintertime. One word of caution. I would check very closley where the fires are and not go there anytime soon. Past that ,,,,,,, Texas is a pretty place and if you dont like the weather where you are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hang around a few minutes and it will usually change ......lol......
This advise will cost you ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me............ if you read it and dont use it you owe me five cents anyway.......

When you see one of our troops in uniform, shake hands with them and say ''THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS NATION''............ then give them a hug.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
....I know that Texas is BIG and I arsen't sure where all the fires are and I would hope that they would have them out by wintertime. One word of caution. I would check very closley where the fires are and not go there anytime soon.
See HERE for a real-time check of fire locations and more info - just click on the particular fire icon of interest.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #4

We are in the RGV now... no problems here at all. Temps are finally cooling off, too. We're at the Mission Bell / Trade Winds RV Resort in Mission.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadTrip View Post
We are in the RGV now... no problems here at all. Temps are finally cooling off, too. We're at the Mission Bell / Trade Winds RV Resort in Mission.
Hows the water supply? We have booked Victoria Palms in Donna.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You shouldn't have any problems with water down the Donna way.

Even here just South of Houston, we are on water restrictions. That means we can only water our lawns between 8 p.m. and 4 a.m. Monday and Wednesday for my address.

We'll have rain by the time you get this way, I hope.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #7

I would suggest that you head to Tucson...they are still watering the golf courses there.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #8

As long as your not having to water your grass or wash your RV you should be fine. If you are in an RV park I don't think either should be a problem
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
I know that Texas is BIG and I arsen't sure where all the fires are and I would hope that they would have them out by wintertime.
Wow, what a great use of the word arsen't; proper in all respects.

You da man Seajay.

Give proper respect to our vets from all service sectors.

Tags
texas