Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
That last one (The horizontal version, not the upright) is virtually identical to the Harbor Freight wood stove, but half as tall for almost twice the price.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rollnsmoke, what's the latest on your stove?

historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Rollnsmoke, what's the latest on your stove?
I never put one in yet. I still havn't decided if i'm keeping this MotorHome...?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #32

ANIORE....What ever u decide on,don't get a thin walled stove...you need something with a little thickness so you don't burn yourself down...I had 3/8" steel (I think) and I had that stove glowing at times...

I get so tired of hearing that fan/heater run...so nice just to have the crackle of the fire and no other sound...plus it's a bullet proof heating source...don't have to worry about running out of propane..fan motor craping out on you etc...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #33

Check this out....

I never talked with this person so I don't know for sure but pretty confident it's a wood stove in there judging by the wood outside the door.

probably someone who wanted to travel and couldn't afford the fuel to put in a Motorhome..
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #34

Camp woodstove..rv convert maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
That last one (The horizontal version, not the upright) is virtually identical to the Harbor Freight wood stove, but half as tall for almost twice the price.
I went to the Harbor Freight online and they dont show it ...so I'll go to our local store and see if there.
Here's another camp cook/woodstove / with water heater and oven attachments.
This might not be ideal for inside an RV (based on maybe thin walls like the messages before this) but might be good to have in RV storage compartment for outdoor emergency cooking.
Hunter Stove

Its still in my price range but adding attachments can make it a lil spendier than the Sportsman one I shown earlier.

Anyhoo ~ still on the look out for what may be best. Update me if ya find one actually in use....

Also question ~ a friend wants to give me a regular woodstove, its on the medium size, front load, side vent, pipe straight up.. probably 3ft deep..would need the 'intake' set up constructed...has anyone put in a regluar wood stove in their RV?

Thanks
Ani
Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniOre View Post
I went to the Harbor Freight online and they dont show it ...so I'll go to our local store and see if there.
Here's another camp cook/woodstove / with water heater and oven attachments.
This might not be ideal for inside an RV (based on maybe thin walls like the messages before this) but might be good to have in RV storage compartment for outdoor emergency cooking.
Hunter Stove

Its still in my price range but adding attachments can make it a lil spendier than the Sportsman one I shown earlier.

Anyhoo ~ still on the look out for what may be best. Update me if ya find one actually in use....

Also question ~ a friend wants to give me a regular woodstove, its on the medium size, front load, side vent, pipe straight up.. probably 3ft deep..would need the 'intake' set up constructed...has anyone put in a regluar wood stove in their RV?

Thanks
Ani
That seems a to big to me but if u posted pics of the stove and what its going into I could let you know my opinion.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #36

I didnt go with my friends regular woodstove. Since right now Im plugged in, this last part of winter, Ive used 2 ceramic heaters, one in the living room/dining area for most of the day, and close to night I start up the one in the bedroom/dressing room area. I have to leave the bathroom door open, or its freezin in there when I open the door. I still am interested in putting in a woodstove, w cooktop capabilities and possible water heating. And thinking of changing the bathroom door out to something that lets the warm air circulate in. So any more updates on great finds for RV Woodstoves?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniOre
I didnt go with my friends regular woodstove. Since right now Im plugged in, this last part of winter, Ive used 2 ceramic heaters, one in the living room/dining area for most of the day, and close to night I start up the one in the bedroom/dressing room area. I have to leave the bathroom door open, or its freezin in there when I open the door. I still am interested in putting in a woodstove, w cooktop capabilities and possible water heating. And thinking of changing the bathroom door out to something that lets the warm air circulate in. So any more updates on great finds for RV Woodstoves?
Someone had posted pictures of some nice ones but they were really pricey..
What about putting some vents im the door?
Also, some styrofoam sm wirks really good on the toilet seat.. As soon as yer but hits it, instant warmth.. Lol.. In the end, just get/build a wood stove.. You'll never be happy with electric heat...
Old 12-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #38

Wow , and I thought I was the only one thinking of putting a woodstove in my MH hahah. I too live in Alberta where it gets bone chilling cold in the winter and want to take her out in the winter without having to rely on the propane furnace and all that condensation. My only concerns are where to place it? and what should I build it out of, im thinking maybe an old 20lbs propane tank???
Old 02-20-2015, 08:38 PM   #39

What type year of mh is it?
Did u end up putting one in?
Old 02-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #40

Somewhere in irv2.com is a picture of a camper completely covered with straw bales for insulation and wind break; with a wood stove chimney sticking out the top.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #41

Why can't you build your wood stove, placed in a cabinet like gasoline, or guns, and heat like a hydro furnace. Hot water also, or am I off base here ?
Old 02-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #42

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you can operate a wood stove in a boat, doing the same in an RV should be easier and safer. At the very least you have the option of running away of it gets out of conrtrol.

http://www.marinestove.com

slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote