Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #1

Workhorse should just close the doors

I, like so many people, have had a problem with my caliper on my workhorse chassis. Just to clarify some facts, we have a 2005 Allegro with 8500 miles. After having the caliper lock up and doing everything the recall letter said to do, we had the coach towed in to the nearest dealer. After the coach was inspected the mechanic said,"I can tell the caliper locked up but because you noticed in time and pulled over it did not do any damage, so we cannot replace the caliper."
Now, I understand there is no fix from Bosch, so if I get another caliper it could do the same exact thing. I am good with leaving everything alone, drive around the problem if I can and be careful. What they did not tell me was that because there was no damage, although the mechanic said he knew the caliper locked up, we had to pay the $250 to have it looked at. What a rip off.
I called the workhorse rep BILL ONEILL who basically just sat on the phone and said tough crap we are not paying for it. I asked him about workhorse being responsible for thier chassis and he told me that the brake issue is not a workhorse problem it is a Bosch problem. He also said that workhorse did not send out those letters that those were Boschs recommendations, although it has workhorses name all over it.
I am tired of fighting. I think this problem is going to get somebody hurt or even killed eventually. I think they should hold everybody from workhorse responsible, especially BILL ONIELL. I hope he is in the next one that locks up with his family.
By the way feel free to give Bill a call Bill Oniell 954 328 5326 WORKHORSE REP
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #2

I received the exact same response and attitude from Bill Oniell last year when I had same brake problem for the third time in 3 years. He said I must not know how to drive, and must have been riding the brakes. I had to pay $1025 to have mine repaired so I could drive it back to the storage lot from the dealer.

'01 W22
Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, but this issue has been discussed ad nauseum in the Workhorse Owners section and continues on. Please contribute your opinions to the several discussions already underway there.
Workhorse Custom Chassis Motorhome Forum - iRV2 Forums

Thanks.
Closed Thread