Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2015, 02:01 PM   #29

Lots of good advice here. I don't know enough about R.V.ing to to advise you on it in perticular ,but I would advise you on not making any quick decisions . You are doing great by coming here for opinions . These brothers and sisters of our have lots of R.V. experience . I would even go as far as seeking a financial advisor . If you jump into this you may be heading for a disaster financially. That would be an awful strain on your marriage. I can sympathise with you. You want it very much but the funds are not at the point where you can do it and really feel good about it. You know what the saying is ,follow your gut feeling .You said you are worried . I would say keep saving until you were confident you can do this . OH and watch out for scams, I just ran across one for a 2004 scamp 16 foot travel trailer . It was beautiful ,asking price $2300.00. You really have to be vigelant . Yes there could be a good deal out there but be care full don't jump into anything. Sorry for my poor spelling . God Bless .
Gearjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #30

humm not sure if some one said this

i my self would go for the motor home and not the TT

tag on motor home giving where you live may cost more but my insurance is 206$ a year yes a year ... the truck would cost more to keep on the road then that i am sure

if you are looking from month to month cost that is a big one to add in there and i am sure many have talk about others
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #31

Freightliner Owners Club
Based on owning a couple of older Class A motorhomes, keeping an older RV going can be expensive. The mechanical stuff I could do, but structural stuff necessary to keep the roof sealed shouldn't be minimized.

As others have posted, I think a TT or 5th wheel would be a better way for you to go.

Having just bought an '04 Silverado similar to your Z71, I feel pretty confident about your truck. I drove several with up to 250k miles that were still in very good shape and very trustworthy for longer trips.
mbrandt1402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 AM   #32

Thank You

I want to thank everyone for the info on Worried and confused. There is a lot of info and more coming I hope.

Thats what I wanted, and has helped alot. We, or at least I, dont want to jump into anything without research. DH is alittle different. He has seen some MH he thinks we should get. I want to wait and gather more money. Oh well, once again thank all of you. I will keep reading this stuff and try to figure out the best plan I can.
98723A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse