Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #15

I have one that tops all the rest:
My onan 7000 generator was making a noise the last time I was out; was working ok, was just making a strange noise.
I took it in to Prevevetive maintance off of 49th street in Pinellas park Florida, A truck and RV repair place; was promised that work would be done the next day.
After four weeks of phone calls and still no repair I went to pick up my motorhome; I was handed a box of parts and the generator shoved in a compartment of the motorhome and was told there was no charge. I took the working generator in and after 4 week was given back junk; a new generator was $6000. I sold the motorhome and took the loss.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #16

Well I have to admit Robert, that tops my worst experience. I hope you waited until after dark and then threw all the parts through their front window. I posted my 'worst experience' in early January and sent both VSAtech and Modern RV a copy of my post and complaint against them. To date, I have never heard a word from either of them. I guess they are even worse at customer service than I thought they were, and apparently don't care what anyone else thinks about them once they have your money.

Red Boots Ranch
redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #17
jpf

Gulf Streamers Club
my rv came from the dealer with gag inducing crusty sludge in the black & grey tanks. It also had a 'sanitized for your convenience' paper band across the head!
How's that for 'crap' service?
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My batting record is only about 50% when dealing with one person businesses, regardless of their affiliation. I have no problems with plumbers, electricians and the like as one person organizations but figure that I have a better than average chance of coming away dissatisfied with any one person business involving "commodities." I understand the low overhead concept completely but seriously doubt that any extremely small shop can compete with the purchasing power of a larger organization. What seems to happen is that person makes their living "hitting the high spots", those things that can be done quickly and easily. All other customers are at risk and the more you complain, the higher that risk goes.

Just my $.02 worth.
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #19

That could win the prize! And, it would almost be funny except when I bought my 6 month old National Surf Side from a private party it came the same way. The black tank was semi-solid and needed to have water put in through a hose to the toilet to dilute it. Hard to believe how people sell things.

Red Boots Ranch
redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:50 AM   #20

I have another one;
before I bought my latest motorhome; and I was activly looking;I saw an add in the paper for a motorhome, the add said it belonged to a retired doctor, only had 34000 miles on it and was in perfect condition, The motorhome was located in Georgia, approx 600 miles from my home. I paid a $500 deposit on this motorhome and drove the 600 miles to pick it up. What I wasn't told was that the motorhome was stored near the oceon and had holes rusted clean through the storage compartments, the frame was so rusted it looked like it could fall apart at any time, the rest of the motorhome looked equally bad. The owner was realy upset that I didn't want to complete the sale.
A 1200 mile trip for nothing.
A lessen here: never never buy site unseen, (one mans perfect motorhome is anothers trash.)
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote