Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #57
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All of the above.

And rap music.

Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #58
The drive home

kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #59
Grouchy neighbors.... Seriously if you don't like dogs or children you need to find a 55 and older campgrounds that prohibits pets. I agree that some families are more vocal than others however most of the time they are just having a good time. Isn't that what camping is all about?
YUP - I was waiting for that one!

The old saying "YOUR freedom ENDS where MY nose (or ears!) begins" still applies, as does common courtesy and consideration for others nearby...

BUT, it seems inevitable that the "let it all hang out" younger, beer-guzzling, boom-box at full volume, and kids/pets allowed to wildly prowl unattended crowd, WILL get the site right NEXT to the couple who are out on the road to rest and relax (quietly!) from the stress of their jobs - for THEM, if they WANTED the disruption and racket of noisy pets or kids, they would camp next to an animal shelter or daycare center.

Common courtesy, and consideration for neighbors does NOT end at a CG - and I suspect poor CG neighbors are JUST as inconsiderate back home as well!

WE'VE had dogs, and kids, and camped with them too - but our standards or RESPONSIBILITY and respect for the privacy and rights of others did NOT change just because WE were on vacation, and now somehow FREE of the consideration, responsibility and respect we lived by back home...

And yeah, we still all had fun, just NOT at someone else's expense!
John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post

OMG! That is so gross,...disgusting bugs. Ugh.
At least they died while "Loving" what they do!

For me the worst part is the diesel fuel it takes to wander around the NA continent. However, I knew what I was getting into before jumping in with both feet so I have no complaints.

If it's too windy to safely drive my rig I pull over and wait it out.

If it breaks down, I get out my CC and get back on my way.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #61
American Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
Love bugs ...
I have seen that scenario on vehicles so many times you just get used to it (I guess kind of like clearing snow up north). But the worst part of that lovebug mess is the smell they generate after a few hours stuck on your vehicle,a really distinctive disgusting smell. Then you pull into a service station to clean you windshield, grap the squeegee from the water bucket and then realize that the ten people ahead of you had done the same thing so now you bucket full of concentrate love bug guts, and oh did I mention the smell.

Oh yeah, the cost of diesel and bad roads trying to tear you MH apart.
1998 American Eagle
gacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #62
bevandtomh...I'm gonna try that. Thanks!
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against dogs. Own one myself. But the barking into the early morning hours and the "owners" who do nothing about it goes beyond just having a good time. I'm trying to have a good time too, just as they are, but my dog is not keeping the whole rv park awake.
Bad language is another thing that erks me.
2006 Dodge 2500 Megacab, 2011 Laredo 321 BHS
USAF Veterans
"Wherever you go, there you are."
becken6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #63
Well considering that 99% of the responses are not specific to RVing I'll try for that 1% answer. I get loud neighbors, barking dogs, crazy traffic, rude drivers, obnoxious music, high fuel prices, inconsiderate parking, stupid people, kids that aren't mine and bugs on the car on almost a daily basis at home, work or at play so why should i expect any diff in the MH? Hence i don't have expectations that others while away from home would be any different.

Anytime your around others no matter where it is you have zero control of squat. They have just as much right to do what they want as I do. Just because their version of fun doesn't match mine doesn't make it wrong. If i don't like it I move or leave.

Now for that 1% answer; for me it's two things, storage & washing the rig. I can deal with going home because i know i'll be going out again soon. I've lived in mine five days a week due to work for two years now. I like doing things for myself and enjoy mods to the MH. That requires space for tools and other gear which you don't typically have space for. It requires a lot of creative thinking to get tasks accomplished some times but for the most part i getur done.

Washing the rig is a chore and neccessary evil. Where i'm at there's always dust in the air and in no time it's trashed looking. I've learned that i have to put up with it until a trip and then i wash it the day before, usually by myself. I've got it down to a 2 hour chore for a 38' rig now, but i'm wiped out when done!
2006 37' Damon Astoria DP 3595 Pacific Edition
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
Ozzy & Morgan - mini Dachshunds
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #64
Boondocking 20 miles from a paved road, camping on a medow 1/2 mile long and having another RV park 100' from me put out there construction generator with no muffler ran it until midnight. Me looking at the 12 gauge and the wife hiding the shells.
Bryan and Debra Davis
1998 Mobile Scout
27' RKFS
Bryan Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #65
I agree with Razzman. There are always neighbors like you describe no matter where you live. I full time and I hate to clean the inside. I do it, but under protest. Of course, since I live by myself, there is nobody that listens. I have a hard time finding some responsible & dependable person that I can pay to clean the inside. The outside is never a problem, always someone driving through with their setup.

Second is WIND! I just had a two day 600 mile battle driving from Oklahoma City to Albuquerque with a 50+mph headwind that would sometimes blow me into the next lane. I'm in a 45' towing a H2! Scary and I lost 1 mpg! When I normally get 6.2, that's a big drop.
2007 Newmar Essex 4508 All Electric
H2 toad
Thor, my Min Pin Wing-man
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #66
Vintage RV Owners Club
not a full timer as DH hasn't retired yet...
but it seems when the weather is 'just right' for camping is when we have the most commitments to our home community and families. It is sad, I hate to give up on some of those things, yet really miss enjoying the the few cooler camping days available in spring and fall in Kansas and our surrounding area.

So my short answer is not getting to go enough!
Martha (AKA RVM45), Bob, and Bess the Border collie
22'Honey Sportscruiser on a 1988 Ford Econoline.
Sometimes towing a powered Parachute.
MartySQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #67
Anytime your around others no matter where it is you have zero control of squat. They have just as much right to do what they want as I do. Just because their version of fun doesn't match mine doesn't make it wrong. If i don't like it I move or leave.
For sure, individual or family "bad habits" that normally are decently remote and removed in residential or rural environments sometimes become up close and obnoxious in the far tighter CG experience - that part is unavoidable, and CG owners themselves are in the business to keep spaces filled, not to become constant referees or CG cops. AND the trite "if we don't like it, move on", quite often merely relocates you into an exact - perhaps worse - scenario than the one you just left...

YUP - poor neighbors and high fuel prices are the biggies - and I guess it just becomes a personal choice as to which, or both, will determine whether the "joys" of RVing continues to over-ride those unavoidable downsides...
John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #68
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
The worst thing...having to continually fix things that break, maintenance problems. It's like having another house.
AMEN - I really enjoy RV'ing (we are not FT) but hate wondering what might break next. We usually do several months a year on the road. This year probably no more than 3 weeks at a time.
Gary and Karen Stone - stick home in Texas
LCMS Church - 2014 Minnie Winnie 31KP, 2014 Jeep Gary is N5PHT, Ham Op, Retired from Fed Gov
n5pht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #69
Pulling up to a Diesel pump with a 35 ft. MH pulling a toad and having some moron in a Kia block me in, then taking all 3 of their small children into the store for a "pee break". Meanwhile I am stuck there waiting for them to come out of the store so we can get back on the road.
Then, once we are back on the road, looking for a truck stop that has a windshield washer hose to "try" to remove the Love Bugs off of the front of the coach!!! And the icing on the cake, fire ants on the ground where you have to stand to USE the windshield washer hose to remove the Love Bugs off the front of the coach!!!
I agree, why do they call them "Love Bugs"?? Everybody I know says "Oh I hate those things" as soon as you mention them!!!
But all in all, we thank God for the ability to go RVing!!!
Rick and Karen
2016 Berkshire 38A
2011 Honda CRV
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #70
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Packing up, driving home & having to go back to work. I'd find a way put up with or handle all that other stuff if I just didn't have to end an RV-ing trip.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote