Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #15

Their customer service can be pretty good. There method of operating and the software they are using is outdated. For the life of me i can't understand that when you order something it takes them 10-12 days to get it to you if not longer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsperfect View Post
Their customer service can be pretty good. There method of operating and the software they are using is outdated. For the life of me i can't understand that when you order something it takes them 10-12 days to get it to you if not longer.
I think we figured that out. Many of the products sold online are not in inventory- They are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. That is why the " status of order" link didn't work for us. You can only track the status of orders shipped by Camping World, not from the manufacturers.

I had no problem with the delay. We were in no great hurry. I just would have liked to know that the order couldn't be tracked using their site link. I made the suggestion that a note to that effect be put on the page. Would likely save a lot of customer inquiry
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:59 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
I have had good results in service from OKC CW. They seem like they do care, try to stay on top of things..
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:29 AM   #18

recent warranty repairs on TT at MADISON, WI CW on a TT bought in ABQ CW..great service and on time work.
fishrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:50 AM   #19

I have purchased a few things from them online with no issue. I stepped foot in my first CW just last week when we in Nashville Tn. there was a CW right next door to the campground. We purchased a couple small items and looked at their class A inventory. They were very busy and everyone that worked their was super friendly.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:57 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Bad experiences with the CW in Little Rock, I now take my coach to an independent dealer in Conway Arkansas, They are great.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Perhaps Marc Lemonis(CEO) should get out of the tv reality show business and concentrate on his company.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I ordered a 6-speed folding bicycle from CW earlier this week. Two days later, it showed up at my door.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
Perhaps Marc Lemonis(CEO) should get out of the tv reality show business and concentrate on his company.

I agree completely . The other thing they need to do is have a Mystery Shopper to find out what is REALLY going on in their shops and stores .
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #24

The problem won't be hard to identify (incompetency). It will be fixing it that's the hard part (higher wages).
Old 05-12-2015, 07:45 AM   #25

Camping World (and KOA and Good Sam) has to try and accommodate a very difficult demographic. I don't think there is crankier, more intolerant, cheaper, defensive, more demanding group of customers than RV owners.
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
I've found it depends on the individual I'm dealing with far more than the sign over the door. I've had good service from some employees of second rated business, and crappy service from some employees of top rated businesses.

It's naive to think that Camper's World is always a problem, or your favorite place never screws up a transaction.

Wherever I go in the U.S. I know what to expect at Camper's World. My expectations aren't very high, so they frequently exceed them. Often when dealing with a family run local business I expect some level of pride and friendliness from them, and in that I'm frequently disappointed.

(Snowbirds in Reverse)
Winnebago Chieftain / Ford Hybrid Toad
Raining Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service