Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
It does contain alcohol (ethanol) and soda ash so I wouldn't use it on painted surfaces unless you are going to rewax right away.

In the past I have used Protectall with great success on an aluminum clad travel trailer and a fiberglass motor home to remove black streaks. They came off quite easily.

Thanks for sharing this product with us Max.
Soda Ash is another name for lye.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #16

Simple Green is another awesome degreaser that is safe on all parts. I use it on wheels, wheel wells, black streaks etc. I will try some clorox green, looks great in its proper place. I wonder if it eats the wax from the surface? will have to test this! great find

2004 BigFoot 29SL
Bill Killen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I'm new to this whole motorhome thing and really glad to get these tips. Thanks a bunch for them.
I get lots of white streaks down the windshield of our Southwind whenever it rains or a lot of dew running off. Apparently, this is coming from the roof material but on looking at the roof all seems to be ok. Any ideas here??

Thanks a bunch
Jim in Mo.
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #18

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
WELCOME: abrasv to iRV2 !

For tough stains or road tar how about that WD-40 ?

That stuff packs a real punch for taking off different grimes. It is technically a solvent, an oil eater, although a lot of people use it soley as a lubricant. I use it on a variety of my vehicles for stubborn grimes.

I wouldn't use it on precision machinery if it is a long-term lubricant that you are really after.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #19

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Dale for us uninformed what is Wink

I like Stoner Invisible Glass (WalMart) on the windows, and interior mirrors.
On the windshield spay on, let sit and then rinse,or squeegee, bugs come right off.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #20

Just ran down and bought that clorox green works. It works, it works quickly and I'm a big fan
Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Yep... RainX works. But, if you follow the instruction you waste a lot of ot. I mix about 1 oz of Wink & RainX in a spray bottle. This mix will take off most water spots and leave a film of RainX. The key to making it last is NOT wash your windows with any kind of soap.

OBTW - After a few applications of Plexus to my Diamond Shield I can get the bugs off with just cool water and a micro fiber cloth.
Is Diamond Shield a clear bra type material? I have a 3M clear bra on my Mazda MX 5/ Miata. The bug stains are very hard to remove. Should I try Plexus on it?
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought a 32oz bottle of Green Works at Menard's today, $2.82. Can't wait to try it out on the 'bago. I'm for anything that easily removes black streaks. Will report back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasv View Post
I'm new to this whole motorhome thing and really glad to get these tips. Thanks a bunch for them.
I get lots of white streaks down the windshield of our Southwind whenever it rains or a lot of dew running off. Apparently, this is coming from the roof material but on looking at the roof all seems to be ok. Any ideas here??

Thanks a bunch
Jim in Mo.
Wash the roof with Spic N Span and an auto wash brush on a long handle- to save your back. It will remove most of the oxidized EPDM material (assuming that is your roof material), and the white streaks will be greatly reduced if not gone; at least until you need to wash the roof again in 6 months.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote