Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
WOW! True lifetime roof!

Welcome to RV Armor - Home
__________________

__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
5er
Member
 
5er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
I checked out the RV-Armor website with video. I also went to Excel's website. Excel has certainly been working hard at making leak proof roofs. They offered the fiberglass roof on their Limited edition fivers, and EDPM on the Winslow and toyhauler models. Then, the last two years, they also offered as an option using a special RV formulated truck bed liner. I believe it was the Rhino Eco-Coat roof coating. This option was so popular that Excel was getting behind schedule in cranking out rv's. Now they have partnered with RV-Armor, and I notice they don't offer the truck bed liner anymore (at least not in their 2015 brochure/catalog and not on their website that I can see). I wonder how patchable the RV-Armor is when it loses a battle with a low hanging tree limb? Looks like a great product! I wish the other RV manufacturers would offer this as an option.
__________________

__________________
2002 NuWa HitchHiker II 31 FKTG, HWH levelling, Onan Generator
2005 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 8.1L/Allison
B&W Turnover Ball Hitch and Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er View Post
I checked out the RV-Armor website with video. I also went to Excel's website. Excel has certainly been working hard at making leak proof roofs. They offered the fiberglass roof on their Limited edition fivers, and EDPM on the Winslow and toyhauler models. Then, the last two years, they also offered as an option using a special RV formulated truck bed liner. I believe it was the Rhino Eco-Coat roof coating. This option was so popular that Excel was getting behind schedule in cranking out rv's. Now they have partnered with RV-Armor, and I notice they don't offer the truck bed liner anymore (at least not in their 2015 brochure/catalog and not on their website that I can see). I wonder how patchable the RV-Armor is when it loses a battle with a low hanging tree limb? Looks like a great product! I wish the other RV manufacturers would offer this as an option.
I didn't watch the video. Maybe the surface can't be torn by limbs!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ramets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 2,364
I got in contact with them since I'm leaning toward having my roof done in the spring. They quoted me a price of $120 per linear foot. I believe one of their great selling points is that they will come to wherever you are to do the work. They also said repairs are easily done by respraying the affected area. I'm also looking at LineX because you can get it in colors and the price is comparable. I've even thought of getting the front done if it can be color matched, which they say they can do. I beleive it would be a great way to protect the front of the coach. I'm assuming the LineX would be pretty tough since I've had it in pickup beds in the past. All I have to do now is decide which one.
__________________
2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
mike brez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milford,CT.
Posts: 1,359
Looks just like another roof coating to me.
__________________
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
JayGee's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 338
$120 a foot sounds good.
I wonder how long this product holds up. I imagine it would very difficult to take off and replace. Also weight might be of concern? Sorry, just thinking, guess I'll go watch the video now which probably answers my questions.
__________________
JayGee
Foothills of the Smokies
2005 Bounder 35E
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
$120 a foot sounds good.
Quote:
I wonder how long this product holds up.
I imagine it would very difficult to take off and replace. Also weight might be of concern? Sorry, just thinking, guess I'll go watch the video now which probably answers my questions.

Remember, they said "lifetime warranty"
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
JayGee's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 338
Duh Good point.
__________________
JayGee
Foothills of the Smokies
2005 Bounder 35E
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Guam, USA and Montgomery, TX USA
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
I got in contact with them since I'm leaning toward having my roof done in the spring. They quoted me a price of $120 per linear foot. I believe one of their great selling points is that they will come to wherever you are to do the work. They also said repairs are easily done by respraying the affected area. I'm also looking at LineX because you can get it in colors and the price is comparable. I've even thought of getting the front done if it can be color matched, which they say they can do. I beleive it would be a great way to protect the front of the coach. I'm assuming the LineX would be pretty tough since I've had it in pickup beds in the past. All I have to do now is decide which one.
I would never use LineX again. The guy who did mine promised a lifetime warranty against fade and peeling. Well both occurred, yet he went out of business.
__________________
No longer full timing, but still camping 10 days at a time every other month.
cptgregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Ramets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Conway, SC
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptgregger View Post
I would never use LineX again. The guy who did mine promised a lifetime warranty against fade and peeling. Well both occurred, yet he went out of business.
I understand the product LineX uses for RV roofs is not the same as for a bedliner. I never had a problem with my pickups in the past. I was told it also comes with a lifetime warranty which is good at ANY LineX dealer. I'm not trying to sell LineX to anyone, it's just info I got in my research.
__________________
2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
5er
Member
 
5er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
$120 a foot sounds good.
I wonder how long this product holds up. I imagine it would very difficult to take off and replace. Also weight might be of concern? Sorry, just thinking, guess I'll go watch the video now which probably answers my questions.
Unfortunately, the video doesn't mention anything about weight.
__________________
2002 NuWa HitchHiker II 31 FKTG, HWH levelling, Onan Generator
2005 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 8.1L/Allison
B&W Turnover Ball Hitch and Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,157
Website is impressive. They talk a lot about the warranty but I could not find any information about the warranty specifically a copy of it.

I am always skeptical when folks talk about lifetime warranty. Generally comes with exclusions or costly maintenance (inspections) to maintain.

They say no exclusions, fully transferable so definitely deserves a closer look.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
 
Gary RVRoamer's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Silver Springs, FL. USA
Posts: 18,078
Most RV roof leaks come from seams and protrusions (plumbing vents, a/c, antennas, etc.). The joints "work" from road vibration and temperature extremes, which is why they are sealed with a flexible caulk (lap sealant) . I get that RV Armor covers the seams and such and "seal" them, but it seems to me they are still subject to mechanical stresses and will crack open in time. In fact, you can see on the website that they apply "flashing armor" around all openings and seams before putting on the top coat. Pretty much what you do with caulk yourself.

I think the true value of this may be that they [allegedly] do a superior job of installation, probably far better than the typical RV shop guy slathering on some top coat material, and in a hurry to get onto the next job. They charge enough and take enough time to do the job right, and roofing is all they do.
__________________

__________________
Gary Brinck
Former owner of 2004 American Tradition
Home is in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roof



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some help roof maintenance noserider Class A Motorhome Discussions 7 09-15-2014 10:24 PM
Flat Roof and Email to Winnebago n5pht Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 19 06-09-2014 12:08 PM
Roof Cleaning memphisflyer Class A Motorhome Discussions 3 05-19-2014 07:26 AM
Walking on roof trode National RV Owner's Forum 5 01-10-2014 10:16 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.